Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:20 am
If you are online now you can join the AoL raid staring at 3 fury and watch the geared fighters stinger + blackhole 1 person in chain. Very Happy

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!
Advertisement

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedFeb 17, 2013 7:26 am
welcome to the world of Shaiya where ubers think they are more important than the devs themselves and can tell everybody else what to do. just wait until the day I am uber because I will show you uber noobers how things really work

Ironwood.Oak

Rank 0
Ironwood.Oak
PostedFeb 17, 2013 10:52 am
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:
Ungeared people can't compete and that makes them a liability simple as that.  

Well when the "Undergeared" people leave then u can enjoy the "Geared" Mobs .. Sound Fun Very Happy

Edit : i don't play Canta, but an Attitude like that .. Pissed me off Confused  

+1

evan713

Rank 5
evan713
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:31 am
Ironwood.Oak wrote:
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:

Well when the "Undergeared" people leave then u can enjoy the "Geared" Mobs .. Sound Fun Very Happy

+1  

Tell me why should someone who can't contribute to their faction's cause be given a free pass to get something unearned? I am sure that you understand that, so stop they hypocrims and BS and be honest to yourselves(as Arthur said) will you add anything of benefit to the raid? If not, and you really want to pvp in canta, then find out what do you need, and work on it. Many of the players in canta, are players who've been in the game years(worked on their gears for years and are not close to maxed) and earned their spot in raid. If you are not willing to put in some work, and give up that is your choice, no one said you were not welcomed, just that you had to be of help to your faction(and im sure you understand, nothing is really free).

I have no attitude, I myself struggle to keep up with all the new things needed to compete. Yet I understand that someone who's not an asset is a liability.

.TheLoudOne

Rank 2
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:34 am
evan713 wrote:
Ironwood.Oak wrote:
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:

+1  

Tell me why should someone who can't contribute to their faction's cause be given a free pass to get something unearned? I am sure that you understand that, so stop they hypocrims and BS and be honest to yourselves(as Arthur said) will you add anything of benefit to the raid? If not, and you really want to pvp in canta, then find out what do you need, and work on it. Many of the players in canta, are players who've been in the game years(worked on their gears for years and are not close to maxed) and earned their spot in raid. If you are not willing to put in some work, and give up that is your choice, no one said you were not welcomed, just that you had to be of help to your faction(and im sure you understand, nothing is really free).

I have no attitude, I myself struggle to keep up with all the new things needed to compete. Yet I understand that someone who's not an asset is a liability.  

Dude,... you keep talking about "work" .... when most of us are talking about a game..... see the irony ?

evan713

Rank 5
evan713
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:40 am
.TheLoudOne wrote:
evan713 wrote:
Ironwood.Oak wrote:
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:

+1  

Dude,... you keep talking about "work" .... when most of us are talking about a game..... see the irony ?  

"Nothing is really free" even for a game, do you enjoy the movies/concerts/clubs/eating? I can guarantee alot of things you find "fun" are not free, so why expect this to be?

Ironwood.Oak

Rank 0
Ironwood.Oak
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:11 pm
evan713 wrote:
Ironwood.Oak wrote:
MITSUNARI44 wrote:
evan713 wrote:

+1  

I guess i dont take this a serious as some. If there is room in a raid, why not let the lesser equipped players in the raid. See if they like pvp. They may decide they like pvp and determine to get better gear or they may decide they dont like it or dont want to get the better gear for whatever reason. This is a game and a community after all, where ideally people help each other. Flat out kicking the poor cousins is not very helpful.

On a side, I have never been kicked from a raid for poor gear, even if it is not uber. Just the luck of the draw I guess. I have been kicked from 70 raids for not being 70 lol.

012chris

Rank 2
012chris
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:33 pm
Dont really see why this is a problem...if you join raid with novice or other non pvp gear,your first taste of pvp is gonna be how to die fast.Why is that gonna make you want to come back?....everyone knows you need some links and/or enchants to pvp,so surely they will make a little effort to start with,if you are then not allowed in raid, then the leader is just an ***,lol, many are!.OR, regular pvpers turn up, and get a spot at your expense...thats life Smile
90% of canta pvpers are not even close to max linked/enchants, nor are we uber in any way.....we have just made an effort so we can contribute to the zone
If you move from 15 to canta, you should know all this allready.Also, canta is well known for not using noss and rems, so links/enchants are obviously even more vital there.
To just appear in zone and expect to be given the grand tour and some pvp rank, without making any effort in the first place, well, that sounds arrogant to me Razz

thamodran87

Rank 5
thamodran87
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:35 pm
012chris wrote:
Dont really see why this is a problem...if you join raid with novice or other non pvp gear,your first taste of pvp is gonna be how to die fast.Why is that gonna make you want to come back?....everyone knows you need some links and/or enchants to pvp,so surely they will make a little effort to start with,if you are then not allowed in raid, then the leader is just an ***,lol, many are!.OR, regular pvpers turn up, and get a spot at your expense...thats life Smile
90% of canta pvpers are not even close to max linked/enchants, nor are we uber in any way.....we have just made an effort so we can contribute to the zone
If you move from 15 to canta, you should know all this allready.Also, canta is well known for not using noss and rems, so links/enchants are obviously even more vital there.
To just appear in zone and expect to be given the grand tour and some pvp rank, without making any effort in the first place, well, that sounds arrogant to me Razz  

+1

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 17, 2013 1:44 pm   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Feb 17, 2013 1:52 pm. Edited 4 times in total
mark_haskell wrote:
sexymarcus69 wrote:
:*( sad to hear....was the raid full??? where they had to select regulars over people just showing up??? cuz i highly doubt any raid(uof or aol) would push away a healer if there was plunty of availible spots... i mean...some healz is better then none when there is spots availible...although if the raid fills i can see kicking someone non enchanted for someone that would contribute more to the raid... i dont mean that to sound mean either by the way!!  

nope the raid wasnt full. but they wouldnt allow anybody in. so **** what if we're not enhanced or MAXED like the rest of you, they should be able to join and try out the pvp. so they die like 10times, at least they know what the pvp is like. 1-15 is too nossed to people to try out pvp, and 80 is too far away (duh) so there leaves 20-30. not hard to get to 30, but NO NEW PLAYERS ALLOWED!  
Several Explanations, the canta community is generally welcoming.

1) It was a tense time, both sides were pissed at each other for whatever reason, you were assumed to be a 'spy', lets face it, a 1-15 pvper suddenly shows up in a canta raid? looks suspicious, and there can be some VERY tense times between sides. Even though i no longer play i am still not allowed in fury raids simply because i was a light, that's how tense things are sometimes.

2) You go in with 1-15 gear you will only feed, it has nothing to do with 'not being able to start out' even maxed out 1-15 gear won't hold a candle in the zone right now, you would have made no impact and given them kills while making yourself a target to the opposing side. You would eventually have gotten pissed and left most likely never to return.

3) You need something, you need some kind of gear, h3ll heroics linked with 5s would do, it's by no sense of the word uber but its a start, people won;t kick if you are new, not based solely on that, more likely than not they were saving you from yourself.

4) Canta is vastly overpopulated, even in 2 raids it is still a struggle to fit anyone it, if others were on their way and had called a spot, its possible that you were simply unlucky, it happens, it happened to me countless times, but there is nothing anyone can do about it, its pot luck at times, you need to work with what you have. First come first served. It is also possible someone DCed and they were hanging on to the spot for them to return.

5) If the opposing faction was completely dominating it is wholly possible that your faction was getting all their strongest into 1 raid in an attempt to push back (the way i understand it now they will at least try to split the strongest into 2 raids so everyone grabs kills), if this was the case, you do not fit into that category and would have been kicked.

6) Canta is a no noss zone, and they strictly enforce that no matter what disagreements they have with each other, if you use noss you will be kicked and a target placed on your head. This has always been the canta way.

They won't 'just kick you' there would have been reasons, but if you go into canta in 1-15 gear you will get nowhere, i can tell you that for fact, more than likely they were saving you from getting completely massacred. If you got some genuine canta gear and popped in some 5s, they would probably welcome you in, they will not shun someone simply for being new and there are plenty of friendly pvpers on both sides that can help you with builds and advice.

Just my thoughts.

I wasn;t there at the time, so i don;t know any specifics, but if you want to talk to the pvpers and find out what is going on, there is an entire canta thread on the pvp forums (here) you have pvpers from both sides there and its possibly that someone knows details and can fill you in.

Would also like to say judging by your attitude here you are volatile and quick to jump to conclusions, fighting the raid leaders is not a good move, I have done it in the past and i would get kicked. Its just the zone, they play to win, that doesn't mean they don;t have fun aswell, but everyone needs to follow the raid leader to stay organised. Thats just canta.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn