Author Message

AngelofDeath.i.

Rank 2
AngelofDeath.i.
Joined
16 Nov 2012
Posts
481
Location
United States
PostedFeb 16, 2013 9:21 pm
Doesn't matter what zones you play in, if you are not geared or contribute or like or has no friends you will be kick. So pick a zone that you want to spend some $$$ on and just enjoy that zone.

Advertisement

.TheLoudOne

Rank 2
Joined
24 Jan 2013
Posts
404
Location
United States
PostedFeb 16, 2013 9:23 pm
evan713 wrote:
.TheLoudOne wrote:
evan713 wrote:
mark_haskell wrote:
Gods.Child wrote:
A) it was full
B) you were in 15 zone gear
C) there were regulars that needed a spot
D) we were trying to fight 2 fury raids with 1 AoL raid  


haha no. i dont care about what i was, i know i was in 15 gear thats why i was kicked. but this is about the other few people that wanted in.

A) it wasnt full so dont **** me.
B) not about me
C) there were regulars but **** them its pvp share the kills you greedy **** and even with the regulars there was still room
D) you were all standing in base so dont **** me with that either  


They were shared with regulars, people will contribute to pvp and their faction. Its been more than a while since any zone ingame been newbie friendly, especially now. Understand people running around with [17]-[20] pieces and maxed ojed gears, people who cant compete with that are feeders/distraction and overall of no benefit to either faction. You can't tell them to weaken up so others(who will not contribute and even risk victory) "get kills". People have earned their kills/right to lead their factions the way they choose. Greedy ***? As far as I know kills shouldnt be given away(the reason I don't support the kills quest) and if you or others can't contribute to their attribution I see no reason for them to add/let you in raid.  



And it is THIS ^^^^ attitude that is the reason there are no new players in PvP zones.... you people didn't earn shiz, you all bought it and then you get pissed when you have to share it.  


Bought nothing, you can inspect my gear Im far from max...

Edit- Just by the way, there is no attitude in my statement, merely pointed out how things are, and I dare you say the opposite. Ungeared people can't compete and that makes them a liability simple as that.  


No, you are right... the "regular" players in the zones have "geared" themselves into solitude..... They paid their $$ and expect to use the gear that their $$$ bought and with that expectation they made it so only people with the same wallets can join them and they enforce that rule for the reason you state...

When the influx of "other zoners" leaves... Canta will be dead again with all the "no PvP" QQ that goes with it because of that fact.

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
Joined
24 Dec 2010
Posts
3328
Location
Canandaigua, New York United States
PostedFeb 16, 2013 9:43 pm
I'm kinda new to the zone, but am not unfamiliar with 15 or 80 PvP otherwise. At first entering Canta as a lvl 30 UM Defender, I had like 1-2 pieces of dread gear that had (maybe) 1-2 links in them and were at best [4] with 3 other pieces heroic and had 2 heroic heaven's door, of which 1 had earth ele 1 at that time, and the other had panic 7 with no ele at all.

It took me a few days to even get into a raid, and when I did finally get into a raid, I died so fast a bunch of times, and after realizing that I wasn't going to survive long enough to contribute because (Hint: fury key on quick kill toons) of my gear being not quite ready, my frustration turned into understanding that A. It's not their fault my gear isn't better, and B. If my true desire is to be of help to the raid in a better way then I must get real with myself and take the TIME to get my gear more better...but here'es the kicker...max'd out gear helps people be more effective, but it doesn't necessarily make them a better PvPer if you were to battle those same people in the links and enchants that your toon currently has.

It's all a process, and not an event. It has been over 6 months with minimal AP purchasing to get my canta gear not all fully linked and enchanted, but linked up enough 5's and 6's with 3x dread ele 2 Heaven's Door weapons and only enchanted armor on a few pieces to like [6], and I have been able to do what I can within the raid, within my tab, to do enough over time to be viewed as an asset instead of a constant liability even though I still die fast at times but usually when I get ganged instead of 1-2 hit like before (which I was in the beginning to be honest).

My thoughts are this: I understand your frustration, however, you have options if you have a higher level farming toon. Ops are at a real low price right now (1.6 Bill last i checked). If you were to farm OI and get 1 craft level 6, and 1 shrewd 6, you could then sell those for the Op, and with the remainder of lapis, choose to link whatever lapis you need in your gear. This could all happen in 1 run of OI potentially (maybe more) and also be able to afford Power and defense lapisia that wont break your gear upon failure (best to attempt upgrading gears on 2-3x enchant bonus days)

With enough days of farming Oblivian Insula in this manner; with a number of runs each day, you will have the means to link your gear to be more PvP ready. Like I said earlier, I spent the majority of 6 months on my max lvl'd farming toon to not only lvl from 70-80, but farm, get some PvP in, lvl my higher lvl UM defender before I had aquired the higher lvl lapis links, and so-so enchants on my Canta set (of which I had to acquire through AP at that time because there was no dread dungeon).

Please do not lose faith in the Canta community, as it is a really good group of people. yes, there are some instances where I still feel like my toon isn't good enough for these max'd out ubers, but learning how to best PvP with my toon with the skills available to it in [6] Max armors (some not even to [4] yet and max [7] weapons, I can say it is a much brighter experience than being in underlinked Heroics as I used to be 1st starting out in this zone.

Take the time to think about this honestly with yourself, and forget how it felt to not be let into the raid, move on from it either by lvling out of the zone to make a farming toon (if you dont have 1) so you can provide the in-game means to compete over time, or if you do have a farming toon, make that your focus to get your gears ready, and come back ^^.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt the need to voice myself this night about this.

Yours Truly,

JUGGERNAUGHTY
30 UM Defender, -Eternity-

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
Joined
30 Jun 2010
Posts
2597
Location
London/Lailah United Kingdom
PostedFeb 17, 2013 1:00 am
Agree with Arthur.
During the canta events before the merge, my HM def was getting it's butt kicked in second raid, even with some dreads. I never made an attempt to go to first raid because some leaders I personally have trouble with, but having known what your up against in pvp (geared up decent players mixed with geared up nubs), it comes down to what you can add to the zone.

Dreads being somewhat easier to obtain now as well, it seems. Only thing I struggle with is this new crappy Lapisia mysterybox. They shouldn't look at that as a reason to not add you if you are not wearing all [10]+
With so few enchant placeholders on the tiers, it takes a lot of AP to get the right PAL/PWL too.

Maybe sell your gear and try fury? My friend has got 10k kills over the last couple of weeks when he leveled a Hunter for canta.

-Retired.

mark_haskell

Rank 3
mark_haskell
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Posts
1115
Location
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way Sydney Australia
PostedFeb 17, 2013 2:02 am
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
Maybe sell your gear and try fury? My friend has got 10k kills over the last couple of weeks when he leveled a Hunter for canta.  


But thats the point im trying to make. People who WANT TO TRY the zone arent getting that chance. even with the raid only half full people arent being allowed in. its pathetic. its a game play fair so what if they are nub and may not be able to murder as fast as you guys, let them join and try it out.

See my profile to see my siggies made by many!:D

MoveMaker

Rank 0
MoveMaker
Joined
12 Apr 2011
Posts
184
Location
Bulgaria
PostedFeb 17, 2013 2:52 am
I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure the raid was full, because no one will kick you if there were 3-4 spots+ , because when there are so many spots i see people in Novice gear get in the raid and no one kicks them. So, please don't tell lies only, because you're angry.

Alastoreo

Rank 5
Alastoreo
Joined
13 Dec 2010
Posts
3848
Location
Singapore
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:11 am
You probably play in a the most active timezone. I've seen novice geared players allowed in both raids when raids are not filled.

At least on fury they usually only kick when a geared player need a spot and will ask for the person to leave first before they kick if ignored. I know AoL do try to make 2nd raids if there are too many players but those usually end up in more drama for both faction.

BAM BAM my gingerbread went BOOMZ!

mark_haskell

Rank 3
mark_haskell
Joined
25 Feb 2011
Posts
1115
Location
P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way Sydney Australia
PostedFeb 17, 2013 3:26 am
MoveMaker wrote:
I wasn't there, but I'm pretty sure the raid was full, because no one will kick you if there were 3-4 spots+ , because when there are so many spots i see people in Novice gear get in the raid and no one kicks them. So, please don't tell lies only, because you're angry.  


ahaha well when i joined the raid there were more than enough spots for the maxed pvpers and the novice players. + how would u know if u werent there so dont go blah blah if u dont know.

if there are spaces let them join!

See my profile to see my siggies made by many!:D

Mehrvigne

GameSage: Shaiya
Mehrvigne
Joined
01 Apr 2008
Posts
2762
Location
New Orleans United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:10 am
Anybody who knows me in game knows that me and "uber gear" are never in the same sentence. I can't even do spectacular damage. My 30 gear isn't even finished being NEAR completed, and they let my baby archer in. Why? Because timing is right.

Please don't get me wrong, and I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just stating facts. If you feel offended by any of this, maybe you should change your attitude so you don't fit the bill so well (and then I will no longer be talking about you ;D )

But the trick to 20-30 is finding a good time to play when there is a "nice" raid leader. There are quite a few canta raid leaders who have a less-than-favorable reputation that preceeds them. When they are raid lead, don't expect to get in unless you're good at kissing butt. This shouldn't be the case, but some people just like that. Wait a while and check back. They can't PvP for 24/7. They have to sleep at some time. Razz When they leave, that's when you step in and get some PvP experience.

There is nothing wrong with making your own raid and taking in the stragglers. Step back and pretend it's like it was before the raid system and you had 50 separate parties competing for kills. You may surprise yourself! There is no restriction to having just one raid in PvP. There is also no restriction on gear level or minimal lapis requirements. Sadly, a lot of PvPers just look at gear and ASSUME someone knows how to properly use this awesome gear they paid a lot for. And we all know what happens when we assume, right? You get a raid full of high ranked, nicely enchanted leachers. XD

laytape

Rank 0
Joined
15 Feb 2013
Posts
33
Location
Argentina
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:14 am
That sucks..
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: