awakezyo

Rank 0
awakezyo
PostedFeb 16, 2013 11:37 am

Community "issue"

Just my thoughts
Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself first, I'm 23 y old young man, playing on EU servers, my ingame name is Psyfiend. I've been playing A.V.A probably since the beginning of time but then I had to quit playing it approximately 2 years ago ( back at ijji ) and now, like 2 weeks ago i started anew, created a new account and started having fun... at least that's what i thought i'd be doing.
Well, i understand that some part, if not the majority of the A.V.A community are underaged / teeager guys with blood flowing in their veins and huge EGOs who just can not accept that somebody can possibly be better than them, I'm not claiming to be a fantastic player or something, i just ... put it this way i play as a sniper most of the time and i don't miss a lot of shots.
Now, just because this is a new account and my rank is quite low ( I'm a staff sgt. rank 4 as far as i remember ) and my s/d is 3.6 or something like that, most of the players think that i'm hacking, which i don't really understand... i've seen some players having higher s/d but they are considered as oldschool and excellent players just because their rank is high, this tendency, that low ranked player with high s/d automatically means that he's hacking... it's just not right man. I've had enough really, i get kicked from almost every other room, if i create the room nobody is joining because they think i'm a hacker there is no point playing with / against me. When it all started i've been trying to be polite to everyone, i would start to explain that it's not hacking, it's just years or playing this game pays off but who cares... they get even more nervous when i'm calm, now i'm not even responding to anyone who blames me and thinks that i'm a hacker because you can't really win an argument against those people, in that moment i'm pretty sure the guy is just boiling with anger, just mashing the keyboard, typing every unquotable words he knows..

So, that's pretty much all i wanted to share with you, give me your thoughts about all these, i'd like to know if some of you are experiancing the same thing as i am. Poke me ingame, you won't regret playing on my side

Have a nice day Smile
Advertisement

lolloolol

Rank 3
lolloolol
PostedFeb 16, 2013 11:46 am
i'm too lazy for read whole text give me a summary ploz Smile

awakezyo

Rank 0
awakezyo
PostedFeb 16, 2013 11:48 am
once you start reading it goes like cutting through butter Smile

lolloolol

Rank 3
lolloolol
PostedFeb 16, 2013 11:49 am
i haven't got a clue

danik09012

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Where are you from?

awakezyo wrote:

Where are you from? Georgia as of country or State. because im from The Republic of Georgia

koetjeblad

Rank 2
koetjeblad
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Re: Community "issue"

Just my thoughts
awakezyo wrote:
Hello everybody,

Let me introduce myself first, I'm 23 y old young man, playing on EU servers, my ingame name is Psyfiend. I've been playing A.V.A probably since the beginning of time but then I had to quit playing it approximately 2 years ago ( back at ijji ) and now, like 2 weeks ago i started anew, created a new account and started having fun... at least that's what i thought i'd be doing.
Well, i understand that some part, if not the majority of the A.V.A community are underaged / teeager guys with blood flowing in their veins and huge EGOs who just can not accept that somebody can possibly be better than them, I'm not claiming to be a fantastic player or something, i just ... put it this way i play as a sniper most of the time and i don't miss a lot of shots.
Now, just because this is a new account and my rank is quite low ( I'm a staff sgt. rank 4 as far as i remember ) and my s/d is 3.6 or something like that, most of the players think that i'm hacking, which i don't really understand... i've seen some players having higher s/d but they are considered as oldschool and excellent players just because their rank is high, this tendency, that low ranked player with high s/d automatically means that he's hacking... it's just not right man. I've had enough really, i get kicked from almost every other room, if i create the room nobody is joining because they think i'm a hacker there is no point playing with / against me. When it all started i've been trying to be polite to everyone, i would start to explain that it's not hacking, it's just years or playing this game pays off but who cares... they get even more nervous when i'm calm, now i'm not even responding to anyone who blames me and thinks that i'm a hacker because you can't really win an argument against those people, in that moment i'm pretty sure the guy is just boiling with anger, just mashing the keyboard, typing every unquotable words he knows..

So, that's pretty much all i wanted to share with you, give me your thoughts about all these, i'd like to know if some of you are experiancing the same thing as i am. Poke me ingame, you won't regret playing on my side

Have a nice day Smile  

That what you just wrote resembles the entire community. There is a minority, about 20% of all users, that are actually mature at all time.

awakezyo

Rank 0
awakezyo
PostedFeb 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Re: Where are you from?

danik09012 wrote:
awakezyo wrote:

Where are you from? Georgia as of country or State. because im from The Republic of Georgia  

Why would i play on EU if i were from US Smile Georgia - the country that apparently we're both from.

koetjeblad

Thought so yea, actually this behaviour was one of the reasons for me to quit playing 2 years ago. For some reason i was thinking that it would be different now, but meh... unfortunately gamer mentality never changes. Does it make them feel better to say something rude? i don't know, i guess somehow it causes them to calm down a bit when there's some sort of imaginary reason why somebody is killing them constantly, which is either hacking, or AP weapon / armor

Kyunikeon

Rank 5.1
Kyunikeon
PostedFeb 16, 2013 1:26 pm
lolloolol wrote:

sofunmate2

Rank 3
sofunmate2
PostedFeb 16, 2013 1:42 pm
Kyunikeon wrote:
lolloolol wrote:

Basically, it's like kwelie's thread. People accusing people of hacking when they're just better. OP has experience with AVA, quit, and started playing again recently. He has a high SD on a low rank account and does well but the community won't accept that and accuses/kicks him at any chance they can get.

Devipwny

Rank 0
Devipwny
PostedFeb 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Re: Community "issue"

Just my thoughts
koetjeblad wrote:

That what you just wrote resembles the entire community. There is a minority, about 20% of all users, that are actually mature at all time.  

I'd like to think I'm part of the mature community. I try my best. This community has severe issues with ego and making excuses, more so than in other free FPS's. At least from what I've seen.