fidelf1991

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 3:43 am

Grinding grinding and more grinding

why is grinding 99.9% of the game?
to whom it may concern

okay 1-30 was okay and i love this game..... till i hit lvl 30 and realize the EXP changed dramatically, i'm not level 33 almost 34 and its just way too much , do they expect us to grind all the way up to 42? with just these rinky dink quests that give like 30-60k EXP (out of the 10mill it takes to level). if it doesn't change i will not waste my time with this game.

thank you for your consideration
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 16, 2013 4:04 am
This has been discussed many times, you could've searched the Forum for a bit and you'd find an answer.
Many people were dissapointed with the huge gap change at lv30, but lets face it, if the Exp Requirement per level stayed like 1-30, everyone would be 42 in two days.
In my opinion, 1-30 is a testing period, to see if you like the game or not (if you stayed until lv30 then you most likely like it). The real game starts at lv30+, when it will be harder to grind, party play is required and when you will start attending PvP Events.

x.failb0at

Rank 0
x.failb0at
PostedFeb 16, 2013 4:18 am
I don't find leveling hard in this game whatsoever. Besides as he said above. What would be the point of getting easy levels? it'd just be a cap fest and more people doing absolutely nothing.

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 16, 2013 7:52 am
x.failb0at wrote:
I don't find leveling hard in this game whatsoever. Besides as he said above. What would be the point of getting easy levels? it'd just be a cap fest and more people doing absolutely nothing.  
+1. After playing DAOC and L2 for ages... DK is really an "EASY GAME" to me..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

fidelf1991

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:32 pm
i kinda see what u guys mean in a way, but i dont think they should have went to these extremes as far EXP goes.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:36 pm
They could have increased the gap per lvl for 1-30 so it raises by 5% per level, but then players would complain that the game is too hard, but in fact it isnt.
At the moment, Warriors and Sorceress have difficulties in soloing, especially Warriors because they dont really have any Defense, but if you make friends in game and make Partying arrangements, leveling should not be a problem.

deatheater59

Rank 5
deatheater59
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:52 pm
In the recent patch (Valentine Content) the production team has added 10 new quests in Baston. This was supposed to eliminate some of the grinding factor.

000Ace000

Rank 0
000Ace000
PostedFeb 16, 2013 4:07 pm
deatheater59 wrote:
In the recent patch (Valentine Content) the production team has added 10 new quests in Baston. This was supposed to eliminate some of the grinding factor.  

well the new quests are of course welcomed, but seeing as they provide only around 50-60 k exp, they only add up to around 10 % on lvl 30, so they dont really provide any change to the grinding.

But i dont think lvling in this game is really that hard or takes that long ( that comming from someone who is still only lvl 34 despite playing from the first day OB Razz ), since ive seen lot worse in other games. Also its hard to tell as of now, since we dont really know how the lvl cap gonna rise over time. For example if its gonna rise like 5 lvls every 2-3 months, people will still be hitting the cap way to early.

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 6:15 pm
I don't mind grinding I actually prefer it to quests. There are some games where you can really only gain exp. through quests and that drives me crazy, It basically forces me to only gain so much exp. per day where as grinding gives me as much exp as I am willing to put forth.

hammerhouse

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 7:29 pm
This is a grinding game!?

really?

Can someone confirm please?

I would love to play a grinding game, I am soooo tired of quest grinding and forced instace grinding