Author Message

avara88

Rank 1
Joined
13 Jan 2009
Posts
337
Location
United States
PostedFeb 16, 2013 3:25 pm
To clarify something, I did not ask this question to start any kind of rumor or to 'troll' anyone, it is something people in game have been speculating on and a lot of people have asked and brought it up lately as if it was a fact that shaiya+aeria is ending soon.

Some people will believe anything if they hear it enough times, so I thought that just getting a yes or no answer would stop that. That is all.
Advertisement

07mrmcco2

Rank 1
07mrmcco2
Joined
27 Feb 2011
Posts
310
Location
London United Kingdom
PostedFeb 16, 2013 4:10 pm
avara88 wrote:
To clarify something, I did not ask this question to start any kind of rumor or to 'troll' anyone, it is something people in game have been speculating on and a lot of people have asked and brought it up lately as if it was a fact that shaiya+aeria is ending soon.

Some people will believe anything if they hear it enough times, so I thought that just getting a yes or no answer would stop that. That is all.  


NO

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
Joined
10 Aug 2008
Posts
944
Location
Rekikyo's Neighbor United States
PostedFeb 16, 2013 8:36 pm
It is not that people are starting rumors, its the fact that there has been a massive increase in the tier spending since the "agreement" has come into place, GMs quitting right and left. The most experienced GSs quitting because of how they and this game are being treated by management and the management doesn't even care. Massive amount of people complaining about the ticket wait times that seem to get longer and longer. The frequency of the PMs and GMs posting in this forum has seen a huge decline over the past several months. And whenever people ask about this type of a topic, they are quickly shut down and sometimes completely deleted.

Most of us really care about this game, and when you look at these "trends" and the general low confidence in the what Aeria posts these days, many of us are very concerned.

So we ask questions.

Qlander

Rank 2
Joined
24 Mar 2008
Posts
583
Location
Australia
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:15 am
there is such a thing as commercial confidentially, especially with public companies. regardless of what happens with their license agreement, its likely no-one can give an answer to what will happen or not.

Either way, just think about it...if you where the CEO of an online business, would you rip off all your customers? I think not, its lost revenue and goodwill (just look at what happen to instagram Wink)

This topic is pretty pointless. players think they have a say in a small portion of a business like AGE, they have shareholders to answer to and wont publicize their intentions here as that would not be smart.

dallas123

Rank 0
Joined
05 Oct 2007
Posts
30
Location
United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:41 am
Qlander wrote:
there is such a thing as commercial confidentially, especially with public companies. regardless of what happens with their license agreement, its likely no-one can give an answer to what will happen or not.

Either way, just think about it...if you where the CEO of an online business, would you rip off all your customers? I think not, its lost revenue and goodwill (just look at what happen to instagram Wink)

This topic is pretty pointless. players think they have a say in a small portion of a business like AGE, they have shareholders to answer to and wont publicize their intentions here as that would not be smart.  


Aeria is a privately owned company, they have no shareholders to answer to.

hay hay im new so give me some tips

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Posts
2170
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 7:10 am
dallas123 wrote:
Qlander wrote:
there is such a thing as commercial confidentially, especially with public companies. regardless of what happens with their license agreement, its likely no-one can give an answer to what will happen or not.

Either way, just think about it...if you where the CEO of an online business, would you rip off all your customers? I think not, its lost revenue and goodwill (just look at what happen to instagram Wink)

This topic is pretty pointless. players think they have a say in a small portion of a business like AGE, they have shareholders to answer to and wont publicize their intentions here as that would not be smart.  


Aeria is a privately owned company, they have no shareholders to answer to.  


and as you said, ripping off your customers is a bad idea, if they suddenly shut down the game or moved it over to nexon with absolutely no warning at all, a lot of people would be very upset.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
Joined
10 Aug 2008
Posts
944
Location
Rekikyo's Neighbor United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 8:08 pm
And what will all these "upset" people going to be able to do about it? Complain?

If Aeria decides to shut the game down, that means they have already made the decision to abandon the player base and let them troll all day long here and send tickets that will at most generate an automated response.

If Nexon decides to take the game from Aeria, then they will have to deal with the player base. Since they own the databases, no one will lose anything in game. The only thing the player base will lose it the AP they have already accumulated. So then it comes down to the loyalty of the individual to either the game or to Aeira. Those who are loyal to Aeria will quit the game. Those who are loyal to Shaiya will go to the new host. Once there they get to decide if they like the way Aeria or Nexon runs the game.

As an earlier poster mentioned, Aeria will never show their cards. The decision will be a sudden surprise, because if they hint at anything that might point people to a near term change of hands, they will lose a lot of money in the entire process. They need to get every dime possible out of the player base until the very last second.

In professional and college sports, when there are rumors that the head coach might leave and when a reporter asks about it, the answer is always No and that they want to stay where they are now for a long time. The answer is always No during the "rumor" phase. But in many of these cases these rumors are found to be true a month later.

When there is a lack of sincere communication from the leadership, rumors abound when people start connecting the dots from external sources and from few things that are said, and the many things that are not said. When enough dots are connected, some very interesting pictures get painted.

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
Joined
13 Jun 2008
Posts
2170
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 8:44 pm
LoDebar wrote:
If Nexon decides to take the game from Aeria, then they will have to deal with the player base. Since they own the databases, no one will lose anything in game. The only thing the player base will lose it the AP they have already accumulated. So then it comes down to the loyalty of the individual to either the game or to Aeira. Those who are loyal to Aeria will quit the game. Those who are loyal to Shaiya will go to the new host. Once there they get to decide if they like the way Aeria or Nexon runs the game.  


I don't think that is right. I am loyal to Aeria but that does not mean I would leave Shaiya just because it changed hands. Playing games from Aeria does not mean you can't play games from other companies.

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
Joined
11 Apr 2009
Posts
3582
Location
Netherlands
PostedFeb 18, 2013 5:57 am
The license contract is only partially relevant in this case. It will no doubt, as LoDebar stated, contain many clauses for either side to terminate (or prolong). For companies such as AGE and Nexon, nearly all choices will be based on profitability of the product.

From what we as players can see is that content (ep6) has been rushed in, and the frequency of gear-set releases increased as well. From a logical point of view AGE is running out of "tier teasers" in their available selling content. They kept back some of the EP6 content in-game, but last months has mostly been the same already for tiers. Players who have their gear linked, max OJed (and double OJed) and enchanted to 20 are all top spenders who are losing incentive to spend. So purely from a gamers point of view we can predict a drop in sales due to the business strategy AGE has portrayed.

Somehow Nexon had a pretty strict deadline for EP6, otherwise they would not have released it as buggy as they did.

Of course we cannot tell what choices will be made, but it's a given fact that staff hours from AGE for Shaiya have been reduced. We cannot see the exact details for sales, but I expect that the reduction of staff indicates lower sales. I do not know if Nexon receives a percentage or a fixed amount each month, but if sales are dropping there will be a point where running Shaiya is no longer profitable for 2 companies in a producer/publisher construction. When they reach this point, it mostly depends on Nexon what happens, AGE cannot really cut on hosting cost a lot (they already merged servers) and already stripped their staff down to nearly a skeleton crew.

I bet many bug fixes & patches (such as loss of Goddess zone, class balancing, map glitches, ep6 bugs) are not coming due to arguments on who has to pay for them.

PS. From what I can see the server machines are owned by AGE, not by Nexon

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
Joined
11 Apr 2011
Posts
906
Location
Kritsa Greece
PostedFeb 18, 2013 6:28 am
Mandatar wrote:
PS. From what I can see the server machines are owned by AGE, not by Nexon  


Yeah Of course. Shaiya Is Owned by AGE. Nexon Job is to make the items that AGE requests. So most of the items and stuff are being developed by Nexon Which AGE requested them.

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: