LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedFeb 15, 2013 11:20 pm

Expiring in March?

End of Agreement?
If the "agreement" that was publicly announced, but with no details, on 12 March 2012 doesn't expire in March then why was http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1901511 locked within 9 minutes of the original post?

But the real important question is: If Nexon chooses to be the publisher of Shaiya, will we get a refund of all of our AP points. Because I really doubt Nexon will give people the equivalent AP value in NX points.

Will we ever see the new GRB?
Advertisement

neares

Rank 4
neares
PostedFeb 15, 2013 11:30 pm
It would be just like when MegaTen got bought buy another company. AP stays on Aeria. you have to start anew on the new company.

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedFeb 15, 2013 11:47 pm

Re: Expiring in March?

End of Agreement?
LoDebar wrote:
If the "agreement" that was publicly announced, but with no details, on 12 March 2012 doesn't expire in March then why was http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1901511 locked within 9 minutes of the original post?

But the real important question is: If Nexon chooses to be the publisher of Shaiya, will we get a refund of all of our AP points. Because I really doubt Nexon will give people the equivalent AP value in NX points.

Well, the press release did say "...Shaiya will stay with Aeria Games in coming years," rather than "in coming year."
That being said, I don't think they would have released as much new content as they have if they had a rapidly approaching expiration date on their contract and no intention of extending. And before anyone says "They did it to milk as much money as possible etc etc," remember that people have spent ungodly sums of money on this game even when the content was getting stale.

neares

Rank 4
neares
PostedFeb 15, 2013 11:50 pm
the 's' on years could have been a typo o-o

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedFeb 15, 2013 11:56 pm
neares wrote:
the 's' on years could have been a typo o-o  

Could've been. It also could mean that, at that time, they intended to continue renewing the contract. I have not been able to locate any information that indicates just how long their contract extension was. However, it seems to me that in this kind of industry, with how long it takes to develop content, etc., a 1 year contract would be too short to be worthwhile. I don't know, not gonna pretend to know, how long their contract is.
It is simply my perception that there is little indication that AGE is planning on pulling the plug next month. I would imagine that it would be more evident beforehand with signs like lack of new content, diminished staffing (which seems to be the case to a certain extent, except for the recently announced new GM,) and fewer promotional events.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedFeb 15, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: Expiring in March?

End of Agreement?
MasterExplodr wrote:
LoDebar wrote:

Well, the press release did say "...Shaiya will stay with Aeria Games in coming years," rather than "in coming year."
That being said, I don't think they would have released as much new content as they have if they had a rapidly approaching expiration date on their contract and no intention of extending. And before anyone says "They did it to milk as much money as possible etc etc," remember that people have spent ungodly sums of money on this game even when the content was getting stale.  

Look at how the tiers have changed from 2008 to 2012, and then look at how the tiers changed from 2012 to now.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:08 am
I don't think Aeria wants to pull the plug. They are still meeting their financial goals off of the game. If they weren't they would have shut the game down already. But they have no say in the matter. It is up to Nexon. Nexon owns the game, and if they decide that they can make more money running it themselves, then they will do it. Nexon runs many other games. In stores NX cards out number AP cards by orders of magnitude.

Shortly before Nexon bought Shaiya on 27 Jan 2012, the PM's here said there was a new 3 year contract. If this contract was rock solid, then why was there a new "agreement" near the beginning of a 3 year contract? All contracts have clauses that allow either party to terminate it if certain events takes place. Change in ownership is often one of them.

When watching what Nexon does, and how this game has changed since the "agreement" one has to wonder what is going on. Especially with how the people at Aeria respond to these trolls. Most trolls they ignore. These trolls they shut down.

Hezam

Rank 4
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:22 am
Are they selling the game or selling the players ?

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:25 am
Well Superman Said that The Agreement is not expiring this year... Well I am curious to see what Will happend to Shaiya When the agreement finishes...

neares

Rank 4
neares
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:30 am
JohnytheGod wrote:
Well Superman Said that The Agreement is not expiring this year... Well I am curious to see what Will happend to Shaiya When the agreement finishes...  
Superman also isnt obligated to speak the truth of anything that deals with contract of the game.