Author Message

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8452
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:00 pm
Killa_1112 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
@ Ama people left because the economy took the same turn it did with OS and (Again) Aeria did nothing. People could see it was going to be the same so they went back to the servers they actually had something on rather then battle their way through again.  


The economy was predicted since day one. And it was purely driven by resale of items that only allowed resell through artificial inflation. Since your AP is GONE when you buy a 30 day conti (no promos, no rebates), that makes it FACE VALUE. Furthermore, no one buys more than they need of a package like that.

So, if you expect PX to be "fixed" in regards to its economy, wouldn't that mean introducing ..... wait for it ...... promos?

Seriously; Don't even go into the whole duped gold speel. That was such a small portion of it.  
No, it was more than you think. Gold does not appear out of thin air. We got in weeks what took OS servers years to reach.

Regardless of how we got there, the fact is the same, it got there and nothing was done. again.  


The gold was not there. It was all chasing a single 30 day conti.

100 players buy 100 rec runes @7 mil each, giving one player 700 mil.
That player then buys 14 30 day contis 50 mil each.
Then that player resells them 2 days later for 100 mil. Then player buys Ele I's for 350 mil each from UoF, and then sells them to a AoL AP buy for 700 mil, or 20 OP each.
Then he sells the OP's, or offers to do a 1 OP per 15 OP on OS trade, and then buys fun cards on OS for 12 OP , buying 50,000 AP. Then he buys AP on PX and starts the inflation cycle again.

This is what actually happened on PX. The systematic creation of wealth by a very small number of resellers, and pricing things at prices only the most prestigious players could afford. We created an economy where 1% held 99% of the wealth and 99% of the players shared the other 1%.

The NT Contis didn't help this, as they gave certain players who figured it out huge liquidity within the first two or three days.

I KNOW this was occuring, because I had two guildies who were doing it, and not afraid to say. By week one's End, one of my guildies had 20 billion. By Week Three he had 45 Billion. Purely from reselling, and storing the gold in the AH.

And, you can tell that this was the reason, because gold sellers wouldn't be scaring off 60% of the players. Players would adjust to prices, albiet grumpy. Instead, most players began starving. Just as many quit because of this starvation, as did the ones who quit because they viewed it as a failed promise.

Advertisement

geoffinho2006

Rank 3
Joined
17 Mar 2007
Posts
1302
Location
Grand Falls Canada
PostedFeb 17, 2013 11:25 pm
Rekikyo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
Rekikyo wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
@ Ama people left because the economy took the same turn it did with OS and (Again) Aeria did nothing. People could see it was going to be the same so they went back to the servers they actually had something on rather then battle their way through again.  


The economy was predicted since day one. And it was purely driven by resale of items that only allowed resell through artificial inflation. Since your AP is GONE when you buy a 30 day conti (no promos, no rebates), that makes it FACE VALUE. Furthermore, no one buys more than they need of a package like that.

So, if you expect PX to be "fixed" in regards to its economy, wouldn't that mean introducing ..... wait for it ...... promos?

Seriously; Don't even go into the whole duped gold speel. That was such a small portion of it.  
No, it was more than you think. Gold does not appear out of thin air. We got in weeks what took OS servers years to reach.

Regardless of how we got there, the fact is the same, it got there and nothing was done. again.  


The gold was not there. It was all chasing a single 30 day conti.

100 players buy 100 rec runes @7 mil each, giving one player 700 mil.
That player then buys 14 30 day contis 50 mil each.
Then that player resells them 2 days later for 100 mil. Then player buys Ele I's for 350 mil each from UoF, and then sells them to a AoL AP buy for 700 mil, or 20 OP each.
Then he sells the OP's, or offers to do a 1 OP per 15 OP on OS trade, and then buys fun cards on OS for 12 OP , buying 50,000 AP. Then he buys AP on PX and starts the inflation cycle again.

This is what actually happened on PX. The systematic creation of wealth by a very small number of resellers, and pricing things at prices only the most prestigious players could afford. We created an economy where 1% held 99% of the wealth and 99% of the players shared the other 1%.

The NT Contis didn't help this, as they gave certain players who figured it out huge liquidity within the first two or three days.

I KNOW this was occuring, because I had two guildies who were doing it, and not afraid to say. By week one's End, one of my guildies had 20 billion. By Week Three he had 45 Billion. Purely from reselling, and storing the gold in the AH.

And, you can tell that this was the reason, because gold sellers wouldn't be scaring off 60% of the players. Players would adjust to prices, albiet grumpy. Instead, most players began starving. Just as many quit because of this starvation, as did the ones who quit because they viewed it as a failed promise.  


You can argue whatever you want but the fact is you need to read he Shaiya PX thread again. It clearly states power to the grinders as well as many other things that will make you re-think your theories.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
Joined
25 Nov 2008
Posts
8452
Location
Gaia Adrion Necria United States
PostedFeb 18, 2013 2:14 am
geoffinho2006 wrote:

You can argue whatever you want but the fact is you need to read he Shaiya PX thread again. It clearly states power to the grinders as well as many other things that will make you re-think your theories.  


I seriously think you haven't read it.

Here: Read it again:
Phoenix Thread

Note that the thread has never once been Edited.

If you can find the words you claim are in there, I will be very surprised and go for an eye exam tomorrow.

I don't quite know how anything I am saying has anything to do with grinder entitlement btw; I'm merely discussing why it failed, and when people left, and how transparent it was that this was purely a way to get people to spend more money from day 1.

Please enlighten me on "many other things."

Mandatar

Rank 5
Mandatar
Joined
11 Apr 2009
Posts
3576
Location
Netherlands
PostedFeb 18, 2013 4:00 am

Re: why is PvP 15/30 dying (Phoenix) idk bout OS

laytape wrote:
why is pvp dying?  


Because the incentive for AGE is making sales, they do not care for healthy or balanced PvP.

A healthy and low-cost PvP environment is mainly good for a long term investment, and I have not seen any effort from AGE to work on long term goals in the past 3.5 years.

Mandatar (80), Scrooge (30), Someshta (30), Azeal (15), Kierin (65)

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
Joined
17 May 2008
Posts
8331
Location
Whitstable United Kingdom
PostedFeb 18, 2013 4:09 am
Rekikyo wrote:
geoffinho2006 wrote:

You can argue whatever you want but the fact is you need to read he Shaiya PX thread again. It clearly states power to the grinders as well as many other things that will make you re-think your theories.  


I seriously think you haven't read it.

Here: Read it again:
Phoenix Thread

Note that the thread has never once been Edited.

If you can find the words you claim are in there, I will be very surprised and go for an eye exam tomorrow.

I don't quite know how anything I am saying has anything to do with grinder entitlement btw; I'm merely discussing why it failed, and when people left, and how transparent it was that this was purely a way to get people to spend more money from day 1.

Please enlighten me on "many other things."  


The PX thread clearly has in it the words "power to the grinders!"

Crtl+F type the letters g r i n d in and see what you get

Mind you, you are probably right on the many reasons it didn't work as intended for PX, but geoff is right about the phrase "power to the grinders"

(idk what grinding has to do with 15/30 pvp anyways for those it'd be "farming")

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: