Infamousnate

Rank 0
Infamousnate
PostedFeb 14, 2013 9:23 am
geekgirl101 wrote:
I would like to point out that Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft allows it.  

For the purpose of this conversation, it should be noted (sorry if this is pointing out the obvious) that FFXI and WoW are not FTP MMO's, with FFXI charging you an extra $1 per month for each character after the first. In addition, did SquareEnix remove the mandatory full screen function in the game? The last time I checked, if you alt-tab in FFXI you are automatically disconnected from the server, thus needing the 3rd party program "Windower" (which violates SE's ToS)to be able to do this.
Advertisement

geekgirl101

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 4:08 pm
Infamousnate wrote:
In addition, did SquareEnix remove the mandatory full screen function in the game? The last time I checked, if you alt-tab in FFXI you are automatically disconnected from the server, thus needing the 3rd party program "Windower" (which violates SE's ToS)to be able to do this.  

Yes, they now have a windowed option which no longer crashes when alt-tabbing. Windower is kind of allowed now since pretty much everyone uses it and even some of SE's GMs have admitted to using it. There's a few 3rd party programs that they're kind of ok with like Spellcast. They're much less iron-fisted than they used to be.

4gotten4eva

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 4:56 pm
EmilyHKO wrote:
Other than the fact that we have GM's who care, its not that horrendously different.

Cheater and exploiters have a virtual playground here. Pretending otherwise is just that, pretending.  

We're not even close....

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 14, 2013 5:57 pm
EmilyHKO wrote:
Other than the fact that we have GM's who care, its not that horrendously different.

Cheater and exploiters have a virtual playground here. Pretending otherwise is just that, pretending.  

Serious question: What/where exactly is there to cheat and exploit here for in Grand Fantasia anymore?

In the arenas that barely run? What is there to exploit for anyway? Rankings that currently don't even have somewhat decent prizes anymore? Bragging rights to an EXTREMELY small community that doesn't even care? Arena points for sets for higher brackets people probably won't even level to? Sets that aren't even that hard to get to begin with?

What else is there?

"Exploiting" into level locked maps? That is definitely an exploit I need to set my cup of coffee down for and be seriously concerned about. Those alts. Those people trying to get to end game as an attempt to help it thrive once more. Those horrible exploiters.

What else? Serious questions here. I'd name so much more but I think you got my point.

The only real "concern" over exploiting here in Grand Fantasia is people abusing HoJ for talents etc. Which that alone is a cake walk to deal with as a community compared to other games.

The fact of the matter is you probably haven't actually played a game where there ARE legitimate cases of hacking and exploiting going on. You've probably never had to deal with those people in PVP nor compete PVE wise. Deal with damage hacks, speed hacks, def hacks, exploitation for gear that is extremely hard to get, competing with players using bots to farm massive amounts of rare items, item duping, aim hacks, wall hacks.. Grand Fantasia is FAR from any of that.

So please, just stop trying to make this game sound like some intense hardcore game where everyone hacks and exploits for super extreme items and gold, that the PVP is nothing but people exploiting and hacking etc etc.

We all know it's not.
Pretending otherwise is just that, pretending.

Samurai882

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Samurai882
PostedFeb 15, 2013 2:02 am
I'm falling in love with you, Kalash~ (no sarcasm here).

GSSamurai iSaidNo SIingShot Stamp
Serenade

LONG_TIME

Rank 2
LONG_TIME
PostedFeb 15, 2013 2:42 am
AFAIK the communities involved in seriously exploiting f2p games have long since given up on this one. I won't even get into some of the stuff that I saw under development back in the day. lol

More on topic, I really hope multi-client stays. GF does not need more reasons for people to not want to play.

EmilyHKO

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2013 1:34 pm
Samurai882 wrote:

Don't be suprised when she applies as a GS.. trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear

JornAnderson

Rank 1
JornAnderson
PostedFeb 15, 2013 1:42 pm
EmilyHKO wrote:
Samurai882 wrote:

Don't be suprised when she applies as a GS.. trying to make a silk purse from a sows ear  

That a wolf in sheep's clothing type metaphor?

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 15, 2013 4:17 pm
EmilyHKO wrote:
Samurai882 wrote:

So what if I do apply for GS?
The community feedback for my last application was taken very seriously on my part of which prompted me to start curving the "rawness" of my posts back a bit and work on my approaches. Doesn't mean I can't have an opinion as the normal player that I am.

Furthermore, I don't see how challenging your logic or this topic relates to me possibly applying for GS on any sort of level. I can only assume it was the only rebuttal you could come up with, but it's okay. It happens.