EmilyHKO

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:14 am
I am pretty sure that the EN version will be "Modified" once again to mollycoddle to the whiny babies. I mean why not? All their other wishes that turned into EN modifications have done nothing but mess up the game.

Doesn't it seem odd that all other version are unmodified; yet the population and overall enjoyment of the game is very high.

I really wish the GM's has the courage to make EN version match all others and just say, Play or Not. Put an end to this constant bickering.
Advertisement

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:26 am
CollinEvan wrote:

Sounds like more of the "GAMES MAKE CHILDREN MORE VIOLENT" crap if you ask me. There's always going to be articles and groups of people trying to relate one thing to another in the most extreme ways.

Honestly, if you apply that logic to other things you're just gonna laugh at how ridiculous it is. Because I enjoy the gorey graphics of a game or movie, the sound of gun fire in games, head shots and the games that have it extremely detailed, running around and killing innocent civilians in games because I can, being extremely amused at how the bodies explode in all different ways on certain games.. does that make me some mass sadistic sick murder IRL? No. It doesn't. It makes me a normal person IRL who enjoys games.

What people do on the internet does not define a person behind the screen nor should it be a free pass to judge someone IRL either. This topic is about dual logging, not about linking articles made by people who just want a gold star sticker for something really dumb.

AKFrost wrote:
Thus, there is no point debating the "original intention" of the developers or Aeria.  

Wasn't a debate to begin with.

AKFrost

Rank 5
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:27 am
EmilyHKO wrote:
I am pretty sure that the EN version will be "Modified" once again to mollycoddle to the whiny babies. I mean why not? All their other wishes that turned into EN modifications have done nothing but mess up the game.

Doesn't it seem odd that all other version are unmodified; yet the population and overall enjoyment of the game is very high.

I really wish the GM's has the courage to make EN version match all others and just say, Play or Not.  

Except TW GM's don't really enforce any kind of arbitrary rules, so now instead of no dual-clienting, only those with enough machines/technical skill can.

They don't have any arena/GVG rules, so everyone just afk/farm all day while trading crystals/exploiting heals and whatnot.

They don't care about inflation, so you'd be dealing with runaway prices.

They don't care about selling accounts, RMT, or any kind of cheating short of blatant hacking. So none of those "you can't go to pip unless you're 50", "you can't go to deepfathom unless you're 70" rules.

xtrap will make you enter a captcha about once every 3 minutes, whether you're doing nothing or not.

Teleports will all eat teleport stones, so you'll have to walk everywhere if you don't want to cough up the money for it.

Their GM team will basically ignore you unless you've spent 10,000 NTD (~$350 at once), or 50,000 NTD overall (~$1,700) (and thus making you a "VIP member") and even then they'll charge you for most issues requiring intervention.

They do not run any events other than those you see patched into the game.

So yes, let's synchronize EN with TW, I'm perfectly fine playing by their rules.

Samurai882

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Samurai882
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:32 am
*Burned*

GSSamurai iSaidNo SIingShot Stamp
Serenade

EmilyHKO

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:45 am
@Frost, If that's what it takes, well guess that's what is it. o.o

It's more than obvious that what we have is utter failure. And theirs is not.
If it's as awful as you make it to appear, well maybe at least there would be something legit to whine about.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:54 am
EmilyHKO wrote:

If it's as awful as you make it to appear, well maybe at least there would be something legit to whine about.  

Uh..
By reverting GF EN to GF TW you just might as well shut down the game then put in the effort to do so to begin with. Their regions communities are much different than ours. Even between EU and NA regions on games, the communities are a lot different - not even speaking about GF directly.

AKFrost

Rank 5
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:55 am
EmilyHKO wrote:

so in your opinion, we should embrace a system that's even more receptive of cheating and exploiting than what we have now?

EmilyHKO

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 3:37 am
Other than the fact that we have GM's who care, its not that horrendously different.

Cheater and exploiters have a virtual playground here. Pretending otherwise is just that, pretending.

janepaget

Rank 0
janepaget
PostedFeb 14, 2013 5:13 am
Just for reference, here is the official statement made by GMs on Dual Clienting in GF. There is no use or reason to argue over it until we hear a clarification in relation to the issues which arose due to Monday's patch. Anything else is just shooting yourself in the foot.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=12274335#12274335

geekgirl101

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 9:03 am
Glad to hear they're looking into it.

As for other people saying that "other MMOs don't let you multibox on same machine" I would like to point out that Final Fantasy XI and World of Warcraft allows it. Some other games have some workarounds which could be considered against TOS if the game rules themselves imply that multiboxing on the same computer or running 3rd party programs or modification of the game is disallowed, and there are some games that just aren't designed for it because of too much complexity in the game engine (SWTOR for example.)