wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:22 am
skuxemup wrote:
Lol you make it sound difficult it's much simpler than having a "third party program" etc just copy and rename a few folders and you're good to go lol, been doing it the the past couple days to merch with my bank char's and only because I'm too lazy to download and install a dead end game on the other pc's in the house.  

This would also be a violation of ToS.

5. License to Use
You may not (a) sublicense, rent, lease, loan, sell or otherwise transfer the Software or the Services (or any part thereof) (b) modify, adapt, reverse engineer or decompile the Software, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software; (c) create any derivative works in respect of the Software or the Service; or (d) otherwise use the Software or the Service except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Title to the Software, and all rights with respect to the Software and Service not specifically granted under this Agreement, including without limitation all rights of reproduction, modification, distribution, display, disassembly and de-compilation and all copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret and other proprietary rights and interests are reserved to AGE or its licensor(s).

So therefore by your own admition you are currently violating ToS
Advertisement

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:32 am
wizardmerlin wrote:
skuxemup wrote:
Lol you make it sound difficult it's much simpler than having a "third party program" etc just copy and rename a few folders and you're good to go lol, been doing it the the past couple days to merch with my bank char's and only because I'm too lazy to download and install a dead end game on the other pc's in the house.  

5. License to Use
You may not (a) sublicense, rent, lease, loan, sell or otherwise transfer the Software or the Services (or any part thereof) (b) modify, adapt, reverse engineer or decompile the Software, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software; (c) create any derivative works in respect of the Software or the Service; or (d) otherwise use the Software or the Service except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Title to the Software, and all rights with respect to the Software and Service not specifically granted under this Agreement, including without limitation all rights of reproduction, modification, distribution, display, disassembly and de-compilation and all copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret and other proprietary rights and interests are reserved to AGE or its licensor(s).

Do I need to start quoting your admissions to violating ToS stop being a petty little twerp like GM's said they were unaware of the stealth patch they were given and are not enforcing it in any way so as to help the community and the OP I was making people aware that they didn't need no third party software to get around the current patch so we could all live life as normal until it is decided by AGE to slaughter GF or not.
So GTFU and stop replying to me or I will be RT'ing harassment - End of.

Infamousnate

Rank 0
Infamousnate
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:39 am
wizardmerlin wrote:

5. License to Use
You may not (a) sublicense, rent, lease, loan, sell or otherwise transfer the Software or the Services (or any part thereof) (b) modify, adapt, reverse engineer or decompile the Software, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Software  

I'm no expert but I do not think changing a folder name is the same thing as modifying software. Based on that logic it seems the following would also be violations of the ToS:

1) Removing screen shots from the screen capture folder to your my pictures folder.

2) Altering screen shots using MS paint to bring attention to names or other parts of the picture.

3) Using photoshop to crop screen shots and turn them into forum signatures.

So anything created by the game in the game directory would be considered "Software"?

What if I went into the game files and changed fullscreen=0 to =1 manually instead of in game? Are these actual violations of the ToS or merely a play on words for the sake of argument?

CollinEvan

Rank 2
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:40 am
Rename this thread. Let's think of innovative ways to cheat!..

Why is playing a game honestly so hard for you people? Cheating shows absolute lack of integrity, character, and scruples. Just hope your real lives don't reflect your gaming ones.

theacate

Rank 0
theacate
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:54 am
CollinEvan wrote:
Rename this thread. Let's think of innovative ways to cheat!..

Why is playing a game honestly so hard for you people? Cheating shows absolute lack of integrity, character, and scruples. Just hope your real lives don't reflect your gaming ones.  

LOL

Can we explain this to all those ppl that keep begging for plvls up from 12 to 90?? If you're here to play a game then for pete's sake PLAY IT LOL...

And @ Infamous - I understood it as she copied it to other folders and renamed files to get around the dual clienting thing.. I haven't reread it yet.. Too busy laughing at the above comment. Either way - we were told by a few GS peoples not to try getting around this yet until the GM team can give us some answers. Use mail (for cheaper items) or log in on another machine that kind of thing. This whole thread is a joke honestly as HellHound could have easily just RT'd the questions but instead opened it up to the laugh fest that is now this thread.

~ Thea ~ Do not meddle in the affairs of Vikings, for they are grouchy and good with axes.

UncleDeprox

Rank 0
UncleDeprox
PostedFeb 14, 2013 12:57 am
wizardmerlin wrote:

5. License to Use

I was not aware that changing an archive or folder name is modifying, adapting or reverse engineering the game software. Do you even know what a software is?

Samurai882

Rank 2
Samurai882
PostedFeb 14, 2013 1:23 am
This conversation already took place months ago and the answer was definitive, you can dual log except any sort of arena. Since they're still waiting for devs answer (where the Hard are the devs btw?), i say going on this subject is pointless. I've been playing for 3 years, dual client was always here making it almost like a feature of this game. There will be many players abandoning this game should dual client be removed, most of them having capped chars because there's nothing 'there' at then end of the game besides making alts and interracting with them (dungeons, bosses, instances.. you name it). So i can only assume those against dual are just low lvls who dont know what it feels like to have played in this awesome game GF once was (arena after arena, dungeon after dungeon, guild war - a battle of insults and fierce pvp), and are struggling to get up there. You are all forgetting you are all playing a game, so do it so that you enjoy your time and you relax, not to check on what other people are doing like a bunch of old gossipping grannies. And Collin, if you're mixing real life with an online game.. you're going to have a bad time Very Happy.

Samurai22 - 90 Shadowlord
iSaidNo - 80 Demon
Serenade

mspaulding86

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 1:54 am   Last edited by mspaulding86 on Feb 14, 2013 1:58 am. Edited 1 time in total

Wow... just Wow.

I can't believe people think renaming a folder is like tampering with software.
First, renaming a folder or running two clients has NOTHING to do with software tampering. When you install the game you have the option to rename folders... Herpderp.

All AeriaGames DOESN'T want you to do is mess with their source code (decompile / edit / packet sniff / etc.) or change the way in which your client interacts with the server. This would include using strange addons (which don't seem to exist anyway), running a modded client, or finding ways to actively cheat.

Playing two characters isn't cheating. That's just silly to think it could be. If anything, they will ENCOURAGE it. Why? Because separate accounts need separate AP. That means more $$$. And any game that uses Micro Transactions will always encourage any sort of play style that spends more money.

If you want to play two characters, go for it. It doesn't make you more efficient really, unless you're just sending your sprites to mine/forage/hunt--I guess you can get materials faster? But, so what. That's the perk of having to level two characters and deal with two screens.

Finally, because this game has like NO parties running low level dungeons, it makes sense to dual-log. This way you can run your own character through a dungeon since the community often cannot be relied on. Otherwise you have hordes of newbies that don't get to experience Prairie Cave until they're level 40 and it is useless. Or Condemned Mine.

I think I'm gonna go make a second account now. I could use another character. Wutttt.

-Tornado

*EDIT* I did this in a game called Xenimus I used to play and I've done it in World of Warcraft. I just had to pay more money for two accounts.

CollinEvan

Rank 2
PostedFeb 14, 2013 1:56 am

Samurai882

Rank 2
Samurai882
PostedFeb 14, 2013 2:05 am
I appreciate the time you took for showing me this.
I will quote what i read in the second link:

"It's also interesting to note that while cheaters are underhanded dirty dealers, they're also more than twice as likely to spend real-world money to by in-game currency - 55 percent to 23 percent - and to buy "virtual gifts" for other people - 66 percent to 29 percent. 79 percent of cheaters also say that game makers should monitor online games for cheaters and ban those who are caught, compared to 36 percent of those who don't cheat."

Do you get my drift?
You're taking all to the extreme here, i fail too see how dual log in GF will make me cheat in school, not pay taxes and parking in handicapped spots.

Samurai22 - 90 Shadowlord
iSaidNo - 80 Demon
Serenade