gothalls

Rank 2
gothalls
PostedFeb 13, 2013 4:36 pm

Questions for a GM and players to read about multi logging

OK

Let say multi log on 1 pc gone for good lets just say this for now And say it for sure so ask other questions.

1)Will it be OK to use a 2 computer for playing your alt since it's not multi log if it was removed from the game?

2)There are third party programs let players Multi log say if have 1 pc . Will these programs be considered bannable to use them?

From my understanding they don't change game client there seperate your pc hard drive into like 2 hard drive disc area making game read them as on diff pc but only letting game run times 2.

I won't name programs as thats not right just looking for clerification on these 2 things if dual log is perm removed some like there lover on map when they grinding for buff this why i'm asking.

(Note this tread is not about asking GM if we get back or at all it ask about the other options out there and if it will be treated as bannable because players need know before the do stupid things)

TY for your time in this matter GMs

The man who flees from battle come's back to kill another Day MUHAHAHAAH
Advertisement

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
PostedFeb 13, 2013 4:43 pm
Lets just wait to see what the GM/Devs have to say about this before jumping into it.
We don't know if it was intended to be implemented yet.

gothalls

Rank 2
gothalls
PostedFeb 13, 2013 5:02 pm
Look at it this way dual client was prob never intended as you did have to bypass the game launcher to do it because the game client always ended the 2 running game.

This would meaan if was never intended for us to acually bypass the game launcher to dual log but players did and GF staff said it was OK .

This is why i would ask about a program lets run game times 2 .

Before you could run game times 10 the way it was before so maybe this is better in the long run .

If you can dual log it only being 2 clients and not more .

Dual logging was never ever intended they just finally fixed the back door to dual logging why would they break it if it was intended it should worked with main launcher not a back door kind of thig all are guilty of using

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:39 pm
gothalls wrote:
Look at it this way dual client was prob never intended as you did have to bypass the game launcher to do it because the game client always ended the 2 running game.

This would meaan if was never intended for us to acually bypass the game launcher to dual log but players did and GF staff said it was OK .

Before you could run game times 10 the way it was before so maybe this is better in the long run .

Dual logging was never ever intended they just finally fixed the back door to dual logging why would they break it if it was intended it should worked with main launcher not a back door kind of thig all are guilty of using  

Where was it EVER stated dual logging was not intended for Grand Fantasia?

The client never ever did that for me, unless you were literally trying to bring up two launchers then yeah of course you're gonna get weird stuff. Pretty sure that goes for 99% of the games out there. But having up a client that was started via launcher, then bringing up another client through the launcher again has never ever given me problems though my time of playing over the span of 4 computers used to do this.

No one I know has ever had a problem multi-logging clients without bypassing the launcher either. So no, I wouldn't say it's correct to assume this was some fix for something originally unintended that was put off for 3+ years. Maybe the devs implemented this to fix problems and exploiting done by dual logging sure, but not what you're saying.

But again, this patch was a stealth patch from the devs and the GMs were not aware of it. It might be something that wasn't even supposed to implemented to our version.

GMMokona

GameMaster: USA
GMMokona
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:45 pm
This isn't really something we can comment on until we hear more information from the developers about if this was an unintended issue or an intentional (and ninja) patch.

When we have more information we will comment, but until then it would be speculations and we do not want to cause confusions with 'what ifs" from the GM team.

AKFrost

Rank 5
PostedFeb 13, 2013 9:00 pm
use of third party tools to interface with the client has never been allowed in any circumstances.

TOS, Section 9 wrote:

You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by AGE, including but not limited to the use of "bots" and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.  

---

Kalashnikovaa wrote:
gothalls wrote:

Where was it EVER stated dual logging was not intended for Grand Fantasia?

The client never ever did that for me, unless you were literally trying to bring up two launchers then yeah of course you're gonna get weird stuff. Pretty sure that goes for 99% of the games out there. But having up a client that was started via launcher, then bringing up another client through the launcher again has never ever given me problems though my time of playing over the span of 4 computers used to do this.

No one I know has ever had a problem multi-logging clients without bypassing the launcher either. So no, I wouldn't say it's correct to assume this was some fix for something originally unintended that was put off for 3+ years. Maybe the devs implemented this to fix problems and exploiting done by dual logging sure, but not what you're saying.

But again, this patch was a stealth patch from the devs and the GMs were not aware of it. It might be something that wasn't even supposed to implemented to our version.  

you're both sort of right and sort of wrong in this case.

It's both "intended" and "unintended" at the same time, because single-client had hitherto been enforced via xtrap on TW, and thus the client itself has no function preventing multi-clienting.

Removing xtrap was an explicit request from the old PM/GM team at the beginning of the game, and thus indirectly, Aeria had requested the removal of the single-client limitation. However, given that every other version had xtrap, there's no way for Aeria to know that this would be a consequence of the removal of xtrap, on the other hand, the devs removed xtrap and did not introduce new single-client enforcement, which could be taken as them allowing multi-client expressly for us.

Thus, there is no point debating the "original intention" of the developers or Aeria, because that is no longer knowable or arguable, as the developers are out and the original GFO team is no longer here. Aeria will conduct further action after discussion with the developers, so please be patient.

gothalls

Rank 2
gothalls
PostedFeb 13, 2013 9:22 pm
[quote="AKFrost"]use of third party tools to interface with the client has never been allowed in any circumstances.

TOS, Section 9 wrote:

You agree not to use any hardware or software, including but not limited to third party tools, or any other method of support which may in any way influence or give you an advantage in the use of the Services which is not authorized by AGE, including but not limited to the use of "bots" and/or any other method by which the Service may be played automatically without human input.  

---

OK i like to break this down.

1) A third party program players already use was allowed thats a game clock but i don't use it myself.

2)It states cant use a third party program with out age consent .This why we are ASKing only GM can say yes or no.

3) a person with 2 pc would do same as a program that lets pc run 2 games.

4) the program does not alter game . And yes still have to be human to play.

(in the terms of service there more about botting things make gold ect ect. lots players are starting to use programs to multi . So i would think it was good to ask a GM . At the moment the GM want to talk to X-Legend and once they do i'm sure we get an answer.)

This was to help the GMs make an Informed and detailed answer on a few questions .

Rember a rich person can still use 5 pc and nothing will change for them .

I just thought it was of sound mind to discuss this with a GM for all players to see as a guid for later on.

TY for your time GS but ToS question is grey and not answered right till a GM touches on it but good effort

gothalls

Rank 2
gothalls
PostedFeb 13, 2013 9:24 pm
GMMokona wrote:
This isn't really something we can comment on until we hear more information from the developers about if this was an unintended issue or an intentional (and ninja) patch.

When we have more information we will comment, but until then it would be speculations and we do not want to cause confusions with 'what ifs" from the GM team.  

TY dear for the update later when you have more info post here i will watch this tread TY

AKFrost

Rank 5
PostedFeb 13, 2013 9:33 pm

1) A third party program players already use was allowed thats a game clock but i don't use it myself.  

If they get caught using it, AGE is free to ban them. Just because AGE hasn't banned has no bearing on this discussion.

2)It states cant use a third party program with out age consent .This why we are ASKing only GM can say yes or no.  

that's not how "consent" works. If the GM does not comment, then you cannot do it. They must explicitly say yes (aka, give you consent) for you to be able to do it.

3) a person with 2 pc would do same as a program that lets pc run 2 games.  

That's irrelevant.

4) the program does not alter game . And yes still have to be human to play.

And what part of "not limited to" do you not get? Being able to dual-client is an advantage, and if you're using a third-party tool without consent (which you don't have), you're violating the ToS.

skuxemup

Rank 1
skuxemup
PostedFeb 13, 2013 10:07 pm   Last edited by skuxemup on Feb 14, 2013 12:35 am. Edited 1 time in total
Lol you make it sound difficult it's much simpler than having a "third party program" etc just copy and rename a few folders and you're good to go lol.