Sjakie13

Rank 2
PostedFeb 13, 2013 6:53 pm   Last edited by Sjakie13 on Feb 13, 2013 7:01 pm. Edited 1 time in total
I agree a TvT-like event would be more fun, especially for orcs and priests.
If it's a 1 vs 1 tho, can guards use IS on themselves, because they would be pretty much the strongest class then (unless a ranged manages to take them down)

It may also be better to hold this next week, to give everyone a chance to read this post. Some ppl don't check forums on a daily basis (although i'm sure most will hear from guildies). However, giving ppl a week longer to sign up doesn't seem to have any downsides to me.
Advertisement

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 13, 2013 6:56 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
Added the sin equivalents (of those warr skills idk how to compare for sin to Guard

b3def wrote:
alex.mihai wrote:

3. As a defender/guardian, you are not allowed to use any untouchable skill you have ( e.g. DF,POG or UT).

You should also disallow the other classes skills which are equivalent to POG (Santuary) and UT (Unbreakable), also SG (Impenetrable Guard).

The sin equivalents:
**** Lord - iron collar
Berserker - Big Coup
Frenzied Force (I think). - Frenzied Finesse

Probably won't enter but thought I'd help some with that bit Smile  

Question is, why limit skills at all? Without UT's BG's lose about 1/3 of their potential versus other combat classes. Compared to a warrior, a Bguard without UT's is relatively squishy, and has to rely on mostly 48 second/60 second recharge skills to fight (or use a crappy demon hushing/Arouse Blow).

That being said; ToC is a concept that worked in Ep3 because everyone was killable. Today, classes have very obvious weaknesses and strengths that limit their ability to even compete. Orcs are no longer killers. Pagans have undervalued HP and undervalued defense, as well as below average damage. Sins face an uphill damage battle against any toon that has around 4000 defense +. It'll pretty much be Guards, Warriors, and Hunters, and you're suggesting completely nerfing Guards....

Blackzodiak

Rank 0
Blackzodiak
PostedFeb 13, 2013 6:59 pm
yeah this should be more thought out with classes, what if you get a full rec priest / orc in uber gear that just dosent die? are they suppose to heal themselves and hope and pray to god that their FB kills the opponent? or like my class where even the high rank pvpers hit me for 2-3k and it takes a few in PvP to even get me to pot.

bjw12345678

Rank 2
bjw12345678
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:07 pm
ofc after i quit game -.-

Sin.Paz

Rank 0
Sin.Paz
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:10 pm
i think most if not all guards would agree to not use any UT if fighters couldnt black hole and ground shock, and archers couldnt mana/sp shot or use any dot that isnt pottable Very Happy

bjw12345678

Rank 2
bjw12345678
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:15 pm
Sin.Paz wrote:
i think most if not all guards would agree to not use any UT if fighters couldnt black hole and ground shock, and archers couldnt mana/sp shot or use any dot that isnt pottable Very Happy  

+1 xD

alex.mihai

GameSage: Shaiya
alex.mihai
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:31 pm
Ok peeps.
The Tournament of Champions is not anymore a 1 vs 1 tournaments. Now it's called TvT Tournament of Champions.
Please read the main post for more details about event.If you have any questions regarding the event please pm me on forums and i will answer ASAP.
Hope to see as many as possible team from both factions to participate Smile

Kind regards,

[GS]Joe

kekoaboi87

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
kekoaboi87
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:54 pm
So this is just Guild versus Guild...

kikix12

Rank 5
kikix12
PostedFeb 13, 2013 8:32 pm
Here's a bit of feedback:

Posts formatting and the like:
    1. Colored text. Don't use it. It makes the post look less serious. It tires the eyes more. For some, it makes it impossible to read. Changing color for text should be reserved for important parts. Titles, individual words you want to put emphasis on and so on. Certainly not for every single thing written.
    2. Proof-reading. It is fine that you made the post if it is your event, but you could have made the post on restricted forum, or PM someone that is good with writing and in English (two different things, as knowing language well won't make someone a good writer) to help with the wording.
    3. If the post is not definitive, it is best to first gather feedback and THEN make the official event post. It could spare a lot of confusion.
    4. Is there a reason for using such a big banner with "Rules" written on it?! A smaller would be a lot better. Also, if you use banners at all, make one for every separate part of the post. If you can't think of anything more than one...why do it at all?!

Rules:
    1. If you limit guardians/defenders and priests/oracles (which kind of does make sense), then you should limit other classes too. That would force varied teams, which would prevent fighter/warrior or archer/hunter floods. Limiting all classes to 2 (or even 1, making it at most 6vs6) would make it more fair (some classes are clearly overpowered/underpowered) and more interesting.
    2. I don't think the skill Resurrection should be banned. Being canceled by any attack, 4.5sec (which I believe is the current shortest cast time) is still quite a long time. If there will be a judge...it is no harder to say whether someone was resurrected by a skill from someone that was resurrected for example with leader resurrection than it is to see an ultimate skill being used.
    3. You probably already know the max number of participants, going by the "first come first serve" rule and the bracket image. That means you could post rewards starting with the minimum (for example, for only four-team tournament) and separately what is added to the pool along with additional teams.
    4. Isn't Dayfly actually an ultimate skill?! If yes, then it is basically mentioned twice. You should just write out the six ultimate skills you forbid and there will be no such problem.

As for this being Guild VS Guild. I don't know whether there is Party VS Party option in game, but is there much of a penalty to leaving a guild?! If it is just lack of guildhouse (if the guild did have one) and a timer before you can join another one, then nothing stops players from making guilds only for the purpose of this tourney. No one should die from being away from guild for few days (on one character).
However, if there is another penalty, then to each its own.

Blackzodiak

Rank 0
Blackzodiak
PostedFeb 13, 2013 9:02 pm
ok so what happpens if someone is full rec and just dosent die. my def is higher then full rec priests and i did a dmg test on a fighter with [20] wep and their highest dmg was 2k which if i was to bring AP pots and all that jazz with rems and what not the chances of me dieing 1v1 let alone if i get my full linked gear are very slim.