arrabellaoro

Rank 0
arrabellaoro
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:30 pm   Last edited by arrabellaoro on Mar 25, 2013 11:45 am. Edited 26 times in total

[Forum Game] Werewolf

An obscure community game people probably won't play!
I wanted to do a little game for my pals at DWO! Especially since they help lift the mood of the forums... as long as no one rages at this one. This is probably supposed to go to... Odds and Ends or whatever... and if it gets moved there, I won't mind too much, but I mainly want this to address to DWO players because that's where all of my ... friends? ... um, the people I talk to are. They probably won't see it if it's in Odds and Ends v.v'

Edit: That was fast. Wish flame-threads were locked that fast. Anyway, friends or no friends, let's see if people are willing to play I guess...

This game is Werewolf, and ol' game I'd play back during my Whirled days.
Okay, so this one's a little bit more complex than the average forum game, and only about half of it is actually done through forum posting. The rest is mainly PMs. Don't worry, there's no spam or chain-mail.

The game is split up into multiple segments, mainly involving Night and Day cycles. I'll put up everyone who wants to participate into a randomizer to determine their roles. There will be at least 2 werewolves and at least 1 seer-- everyone else will be Villagers. (Except me, I can't play cause that'd be cheating. You'll understand why soon.)

I'll be PMing participants their roles. You can tell everyone your role, but I'd advise against it for being a werewolf, and if you're not a werewolf, it's tough for people to believe you.

We'll start with a Night cycle, and when everyone fulfills their job, we'll switch to Day, and alternate as such. This may sound confusing, but will be understood when the game goes underway.

So now, how to play:

Night Phase

Werewolf
The Werewolves will know the role of only a select few other people: other werewolves. The werewolves must come to an agreement (privately) of which of the non-werewolves they want to eat this night. During the next Day Phase, it will come with an announcement that said player has been eaten and is kicked from the game. I feel bad for the first person to get eaten... If an agreement can't be had, I will randomize from a list of the werewolves' chosen victims.

Seer Ah, Seer, you rare person you. During each Night Phase, (except the first), you may PM me the name of ONE player. I will PM you back whether they are Werewolf, Seer, or Villager.

Villager Sucker. You're sound asleep. All you can do is hope you're not eaten.

Day Phase
EVERYONE participates in the Day Phase!
The village is pretty angry at their people getting eaten by werewolves. ALL OF THE PLAYERS must discuss publicly, and publicly post their vote on whom they think is a werewolf. (Or Werewolves voting on some unlucky innocent fellow.) The player with the most votes is considered "lynched", and kicked from the game. Their real role will be announced when this happens as well.

Win Conditions
Villagers/Seers win when all the Werewolves have been lynched. Werewolves win when the amount of non-werewolves and werewolves become equal (i.e. if there are 2 werewolves alive, they win if there are only 2 villagers remaining.)

Is everything understood? If so, let's move on to
STAGE I - SIGN-UP

If you're willing to be a player in this seemingly complex yet surprisingly fun probably-not-met-for-forums game, go ahead and post below that you're willing to join in! After a while when I get a good list, I'll give everyone their roles, and start Stage II Smile

We'll need at least 6 people to play. More is desirable.
And thank you very much if you don't flame me! Very Happy Even more if you participate ^^

... wooow that was a lot to type out...

CURRENT REGISTRATION

silverpelt13

yinyangmatrix

jordonboy8

BestOfAllNoobs

yepitsme348

[Necessary Slot]

[Extra Players]
Advertisement

strobava

Rank 5
strobava
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:42 pm
A certain some one likes 1 eyed mollusks in butter sauce,So I will join (likely as the first second breakfast)

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:03 pm
I'm not really interested. However, may I suggest using chat for this game? A private chat for werewolves, and public chat for the day phases? It can make things much easier.

On a side note, this kind of reminds me of that death note DS game that was only released in japan...

arrabellaoro

Rank 0
arrabellaoro
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:09 pm
Technature wrote:
I'm not really interested. However, may I suggest using chat for this game? A private chat for werewolves, and public chat for the day phases? It can make things much easier.  

I would, but I'm not certain if people would be devoted enough to the game for that. In this case, I made it this way slightly intentionally to make things slower that way it can be more casual and players can commit less time to it and just come by when they have the time. Doing it through a chat typically means getting it done in one sitting, which not many people have the time for, and it's tough getting that many people on at the same time. At least not without interruptions.

If I have enough people interested in a chat version though, and I can find a way to make these custom chats and incorporate it into the forum, then definitely yeah I could do that.

Technature

Rank 5
Technature
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:23 pm
Fair enough.

If nothing else, it can be used if everyone happens to be on at the same time.

Ever wonder how Technature lives the life of a soldier?How about asking a person that doesn't actually exist questions? Then drop by Technature's blog and drop a letter.

SilversoulGS

Rank 2
SilversoulGS
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:46 pm
This is an interesting game indeed...I'll take part, but you'll definitely have to rally people up to play.

Nick: SilverSoul.WU1/Rank: Support General

arrabellaoro

Rank 0
arrabellaoro
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:50 pm
SilversoulGS wrote:
This is an interesting game indeed...I'll take part, but you'll definitely have to rally people up to play.  

Yeah... any ideas how I can get more players? I don't want to go spamming or advertising where it doesn't belong.

Two down, at least four to go. If we do only 6 though, I'll have to either take out a werewolf, or take out the seer (probably the former.)

SilversoulGS

Rank 2
SilversoulGS
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:58 pm
arrabellaoro wrote:
SilversoulGS wrote:

Yeah... any ideas how I can get more players? I don't want to go spamming or advertising where it doesn't belong.

Two down, at least four to go. If we do only 6 though, I'll have to either take out a werewolf, or take out the seer (probably the former.)  

You can try to ask in the DWO Shoutbox around peak hours (or whenever really). Only way I can think where people would see it.

Last resort is asking people in game but I'm not sure how successful you'd be.

Nick: SilverSoul.WU1/Rank: Support General

Rokushin1

Rank 1
Rokushin1
PostedFeb 13, 2013 1:47 am
I shall join in this cause as well Smile

BestOfAllNoobs

Rank 4
BestOfAllNoobs
PostedFeb 13, 2013 10:16 am
I WANNA PLAY

*Insert witty signature here*