BlackRa1nbowz

Rank 0
BlackRa1nbowz
PostedFeb 12, 2013 5:37 pm

Connection Problems

"Connection with the server has been lost"
I've been playing Soldier Front since 2007-ish back in Ijji, and I've never had this problem. I came back after a year or two to play Soldier Front on Aeria, and a couple seconds after it loads, a pop-up appears saying, "Connection with the server has been lost". It then forces me to close. My internet connection has always been pretty decent, I don't know what would cause this to happen. I've already deleted the files from the old Soldier Front.

Screenshot Link:
http://imgur.com/M6Gzd4m

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks.

Soldier Front 2007-2013
Advertisement

WoodPecker.

Rank 5
WoodPecker.
PostedFeb 17, 2013 5:15 pm

Rc

Thats wierd.
Ur ping is really bad on sf it says, is your browsing on chrome or whichever browser your using fast?
Im not good with this type of stuff cause i never really had any problems, but since no one else will help u, ill give it a shot.
Is this still happening?
Try to reinstall soldierfront
Make sure you have all your software and windows updates updated.
Restart your computer ( my soldierfront sometimes lagg if i hibernate it to long)
Reset your modem/wireless router.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

dakone12

Rank 1
dakone12
PostedFeb 26, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Connection Problems

"Connection with the server has been lost"
BlackRa1nbowz wrote:
I've been playing Soldier Front since 2007-ish back in Ijji, and I've never had this problem. I came back after a year or two to play Soldier Front on Aeria, and a couple seconds after it loads, a pop-up appears saying, "Connection with the server has been lost". It then forces me to close. My internet connection has always been pretty decent, I don't know what would cause this to happen. I've already deleted the files from the old Soldier Front.

Screenshot Link:
http://imgur.com/M6Gzd4m

Can anyone help with this problem?

Thanks.  

Downloads- will take moderate bandwidth so usally this wont cause it but it can add up.
Uploading- can eat bandwidth up if you have slow upload speed [uploading videos]
Sharing- more importantly if your sharing your internet with other computers can take up bandwidth as well and even spike up your ping in game reasons [they could either be downloading uploading and such] which ends up slowing down the overall speed of your internet.

from what i can see from your screen shot. Do you connect through a router or are you directly connected ?

If you do use a router how many computers do you currently have connected to the router?

If direct have you tested your internet speed to see if its your provider causing the problems ?

Go to http://www.speedtest.net/

pkim18

Rank 0
PostedMar 08, 2013 5:48 am

I have the same problems

I don't know why my SF is doing this but please if anyone knows of a way to help us out, please do so! We would both greatly appreciate it.

pkim18

Rank 0
PostedMar 08, 2013 3:07 pm

SOLVED!

Hey, you need to download hotspot shield and then run it before playing SF. It works, I just got it to work too. It's not a bannable program and I'm going to have my good pal GameSage Deusexarma talk to GMs to get this issue resolved. Best of luck!!