Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:33 pm
DV8, there are still a few members kicking in it, it was a very old guild on lailah, it existed before i started playing and moved to gaia on its second day of opening, unfortunately there are very few people active in it since worm quit.

DR is also Ancient if you are looking for one of the oldest active guilds, not sure if it is 'the' oldest active guild though.

The first guild ever made was Asylum, they were the top guild on lailah before the GRB became a weekly thing and even then remained top for a few months before DR finally moved into first place.

Anything further back than that i do not know of, almost everyone who started playing this game when it was released has left and fewer of those actively read the forums so won't even see this thread.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn
Advertisement

ColtAustin

Rank 1
ColtAustin
PostedFeb 12, 2013 10:45 pm
.TheLoudOne wrote:
Avitra wrote:
Ah sorry, should have said before - it was on light Teos. I don't think it can really be classed as still active though. It's not dead, but all active members have their most active toons in UTK now. You may be lucky to see a KAOS tag hanging around apulune wh keeper or in ah though ^^

Funnily enough, the gl of KAOS and a few officers are still active so can still accept people to KAOS Laughing  

Teos did not exist 1 month after Beta I believe, Lailah was first and then Etain, and then Teos and then Gaia.... I am not sure as to the times between, but Teos was not alive 1 month after beta I would bet on it. SE, you still there?  

Lailah and teos were first two servers

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=234549

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:10 am
I suppose it kinda depends on 2 things in the OP's questions.

1. Do guilds forced to disband and remake due to the merger's naming being ugly for guilds that have common names on other servers still count as "oldest" ones or is the OP thinking they don't count

2. What is the definition of "existing" TGB from Teos is one of the extremely old guilds of the server (aka a day1 one) and it still exists, but solely for the reason of keeping the name alive.

Personally I think those forced to remake should still count, and for a guild to be existing it needs "active" players not just a guild name on the guild list

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
PostedFeb 13, 2013 8:38 am   Last edited by rugrog on Feb 13, 2013 8:57 am. Edited 2 times in total
.TheLoudOne wrote:
mclovin365 wrote:
the oldest guilds I know of are Astralis and Slaughterhouse  

Slaughterhouse is voided as I believe it had to be remade when the merge happened... I BELIEVE!!! <---- see what I wrote there?  

NOT! Never renamed/remade...and to see the order that guilds were made simply go to the Etin manager in the GRB room. DONT click anything! The guilds are listed in order of creation or at least that was the only way to check before the merge. I assume that listing is still correct.

rugrog

Rank 2
rugrog
PostedFeb 13, 2013 8:40 am
.TheLoudOne wrote:
Avitra wrote:
Ah sorry, should have said before - it was on light Teos. I don't think it can really be classed as still active though. It's not dead, but all active members have their most active toons in UTK now. You may be lucky to see a KAOS tag hanging around apulune wh keeper or in ah though ^^

Funnily enough, the gl of KAOS and a few officers are still active so can still accept people to KAOS Laughing  

Teos did not exist 1 month after Beta I believe, Lailah was first and then Etain, and then Teos and then Gaia.... I am not sure as to the times between, but Teos was not alive 1 month after beta I would bet on it. SE, you still there?  

Lailah, Teos, Etain, Gaia

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedFeb 13, 2013 8:41 am
JamesGodden wrote:
I suppose it kinda depends on 2 things in the OP's questions.

1. Do guilds forced to disband and remake due to the merger's naming being ugly for guilds that have common names on other servers still count as "oldest" ones or is the OP thinking they don't count

2. What is the definition of "existing" TGB from Teos is one of the extremely old guilds of the server (aka a day1 one) and it still exists, but solely for the reason of keeping the name alive.

Personally I think those forced to remake should still count, and for a guild to be existing it needs "active" players not just a guild name on the guild list  

-This is true for a lot of active guilds. -Eternity- unwantingly became -Eternity--2 after Etain, Gaia, and teos Merged, and then after Lailah also merged, it became -Eternity---2 (wth lol), so a lot of us (original guilds) HAD to disband in order to reclaim the original guild name.

-Active guilds I guessing is what the Op is looking for, not just an old guild name without active members, but dont quote me on that.

OneAndOnlyNISMO

GameSage: Shaiya
OneAndOnlyNISMO
PostedFeb 13, 2013 8:59 am
UNDEROATH was the 7th or 8th guild on lailah back in Jan 08 was renamed due to harassment from an co leader new name is Family Affair
UNDEROATH was the 3rd or 4th guild made on day1 ( was 2 guilds were already made then when UO was created there was 4 so another guild was made at same time ) guild made on gaia and is still there

natascha1977

Rank 4
natascha1977
PostedFeb 13, 2013 11:09 am
after -Eternity- became -Eternity-2-2 we left guild [it still existing] and remade it correctly.
-Eternity- was made about one week [max 2] after opening of Teos.

billdoor

Rank 5.1
billdoor
PostedFeb 13, 2013 3:36 pm
.TheLoudOne wrote:
Avitra wrote:

Teos opened Apr 25th 2008, roughly five months after beta.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?p=790846#790846

I think Etain opened Dec 18th or 19th 2008, and Gaia Jun 2nd or 3rd 2009. I believe I still have a guild leader toon made on Etain Fury the day Etain opened, but that guild has long since ceased to function.

SeasonsEnd/MadManMoon/Uigeadail - retired from Shaiya as of May 10th 2014.

.TheLoudOne

Rank 2
PostedFeb 13, 2013 5:08 pm
I had Teos and Etain switched...sorry.... Even so, probably the oldest ACTIVE guild around would be DR...... Active is the key word...