Author Message

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
Joined
05 Oct 2010
Posts
4849
Location
Whale hunting in Norway
PostedFeb 13, 2013 1:09 am
wizardmerlin wrote:
Scam? at 1% you wont last long... and the lower % your hp's the more points you earn.
The lower hp's both have the faster the matches go and the more matches you can get in.

It's working as designed, if you don't like how the design is don't play it.
Only thing HoJ is for is blueprints and some horrible looking class outfits.

If you don't care about the blueprints then why you playing HoJ anyway?

EN players are so competitive and whiny that if they can't be the winner all the time they RQ and QQ about it. It's a game just play have fun and quit worrying about it. The more you guys try to be the best of the best and/or QQ the less arena will open. So if you don't want pvp keep the great work at being self centered.

If you want more arena then change your attitudes and give a little so others can enjoy it to.
Everyone goes to arena for the same thing, to win prizes. The exception are the trolls that want to take it away from everyone trying to be the best of the best. Who really cares how good you are! Play casual and more will likely join to play and have fun. I can't think of a single person that enjoys stepping on the battle field to die 1 second later over and over again. And I really doubt anyone likes to be locked up in fear for 5 to 20 mins. It comes down to your guys attitudes towards others that will make or break arena.  


Yeah, you won't last long if you're actually planning to fight, but when you're trading kills, there's no downside of lowering your HP, and it's simply exploit. The system itself is working as designed, but I seriously doubt the devs intended for HoJ to consist mainly of people trading kills.. last time I checked, it was supposed to be a PvP arena.

You're way off. Is your definition of playing casual = exploiting? If that's so, I suggest you read the rules for arena again, as exploiting is actually a bannable offense. The OP brought up the issue of kill trading in HoJ, not the issue of fear locking.. how do you even come to the conclusion that fear locking is causing every negative PvP related thing? <_>

theacate wrote:
They do trades at 1% to get their talents faster.. Nothing wrong with it..  


Nothing wrong with exploiting?

Advertisement

wizardmerlin

Rank 2
wizardmerlin
Joined
05 Jul 2010
Posts
513
Location
United States
PostedFeb 13, 2013 1:49 am
skuxemup wrote:
Stuff  


I was referring to Sai3L or whatever her name is.
I know your Avatar is noob and is why you keep QQ'ing about fear as well as your DK, it's the only one that can't take chunks of HP off a Saint so the logistical fault is with you and the way you use your characters, like I said don't try trolling a Saint knowing that if you do we will troll you right back and even if we didn't it's not like you have a god mode on either of your characters so why expect the rest of us to baby you in arena.

Get over the accusations of
"somethings wrong with everyone else's attitude & not my own"
because it's most likely your attitude at fault not EVERYONE else's.

& I would rather one or two challenging arena's a day than ending up in a stacked arena on baby mode.[/quote]

Seeing that I'm rarely ever in arena, not likely I QQ much. But you are right fear locking is so competitive what was I thinking... I don't care to be in god mode, it would be nice to 'play' in arena now and then rather than sitting still staring at a saint that is so bored all they can do is fear lock for 20 mins. So much fun there... preventing other from being able to play. I just figure if all the troll saints are going to do is fear lock why bother playing at all. So I don't bother. Let you guys enjoy the dead arena. I'll find something more constructive to do.
And yes there are good saints that don't fear lock and actually know how to play the class. Fear lock = baby mode for them cause that's all the fear locking saints seem to know how to do.

iBambi you say it's exploiting. so if I go into FA and only go for the crystal, I don't pot up and I die in one hit because I'm under geared and your not getting your ego satisfaction of all powerful that I'm exploiting by feeding you kills. Interesting concept.

If 2 players go in HoJ at 1% to try and get max points not trading kills but doing their best they can for what they have it's exploiting.... hmm have to think about that for a bit. Seeing at 1% it's whomever hits first is going to win that round I don't see much exploiting but go ahead and go for the lower points, max hit points, so you can feel all mighty.

Iressa

Rank 1
Iressa
Joined
25 Jul 2011
Posts
206
Location
Slovakia
PostedFeb 13, 2013 1:54 am
Disable trading kills and watch it become another ghost arena which no one ever joins.
Even now with the game super dead you have problems to do more than 4 HOJ/hour, because you spend 45/60 mins waiting for someone in your bracket to join. Idk how about the late HOJs tho, maybe it is more active. But those available for EU players in normal time are usually just sitting&waiting till someone joins because there are only like 4-5 people doing it.
Imo HOJ was really a bad idea, you can just duel in kaslow and the only difference is different timing and place. Well and rewards. People only want their talents and you cant blame them for making it fast and smooth. It is a human nature to be lazy and look for ways to do stuff easily. Stop them and most of them will never join again because they will just say the talents not worth the work and pots/candies.

Iressa 90 SL // kiwiboo 8- Saint

Samurai882

GameSage: Grand Fantasia
Samurai882
Joined
07 May 2010
Posts
745
Location
Auto-following Tora Romania
PostedFeb 13, 2013 2:16 am
I remember HOJ at start. After a few duels, everyone started leaving when they saw me, with a few exceptions such as kinetic, polina, xphoenix and a few more others, players who actually do pvp. I guess the reasons for that is simple, SL can only be killed by another SL, no other exception (especially in HOJ where we can leech HP from each of the 6 crystals and can use candy making saint's fear useless). So if you think about it, it was just a waste of time. And back then, the game was still active, now it's very dead. I personally only log to do HOJ sometimes and Endless trial for the mats, and this is sad since i love GF arena but i can't experience that anymore. We're a bunch of 81-90 players left, sad to see we are arguing over this. Trading HOJ is fine by me, everyone is happy and can get their talents in one month. Why is it some of you still dont realize that, besides asking for a duel, everything PVP related in this game is gone and will never be back. Just accept reality and go play another game for PVP, because here nothing will change in good. GMRomeu and PManex were the ones who animated GF, since they're gone, the results are obvious. I will say no more regarding this, im just happy i got the chance to post before Mokona will lock this thread also. Yes, a good GM wont be locking a thread of interest to players and throw a few words that will always end in "please be patient". A good GM will communicate but i guess you dont know none of that, apart from SB where you talk about cats and what you had for lunch, and let me tell you something: everyone lost their patience. Heck i dont even know why i bother writing here anymore, lol.

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 13, 2013 2:24 am
The only thing GMs can do without the help of devs is start putting up notices that this behavior is not tolerated, is considered an exploit, and will be a bannable offense. Just like what happened with the healing point "exploit" before in GVG before it started. GVG was said to be watched for awhile by GMs, a few people got banned, the amount of people doing it died down.

The majority of this regions population has made it extremely clear over the years that they want to get through the game and get what the want/need with as little PVP as possible. Unfortunately, it seems its only our region who has this mindset and the devs just aren't going to literally make a new game out of Grand Fantasia just to pacify our region. A lot of our content is actually pretty "PVP" heavy despite the simplicity of it, but it takes people who actually enjoy PVP for PVP to make the content spin.

HoJ is just one of the many examples of the problems our regions community has. But we can't "enforce" morals, ethics, anything else with each other as a community because it's been this way for so long. So, unfortunately, it's just going to have to be reprimanded by the GMs with force eventually.

dx0520

Rank 3
dx0520
Joined
22 Feb 2010
Posts
1435
Location
Morphine, Dreamland United States
PostedFeb 13, 2013 2:33 am   Last edited by dx0520 on Feb 13, 2013 2:39 am. Edited 1 time in total
Kalashnikovaa wrote:
The only thing GMs can do without the help of devs is start putting up notices that this behavior is not tolerated, is considered an exploit, and will be a bannable offense. Just like what happened with the healing point "exploit" before in GVG before it started. GVG was said to be watched for awhile by GMs, a few people got banned, the amount of people doing it died down.

The majority of this regions population has made it extremely clear over the years that they want to get through the game and get what the want/need with as little PVP as possible. Unfortunately, it seems its only our region who has this mindset and the devs just aren't going to literally make a new game out of Grand Fantasia just to pacify our region. A lot of our content is actually pretty "PVP" heavy despite the simplicity of it, but it takes people who actually enjoy PVP for PVP to make the content spin.

HoJ is just one of the many examples of the problems our regions community has. But we can't "enforce" morals, ethics, anything else with each other as a community because it's been this way for so long. So, unfortunately, it's just going to have to be reprimanded by the GMs with force eventually.  


Population size.

The greater it is, the higher the pool of players, and the less likely you'll encounter your "exploit" buddies.

Pretty much can be applied to any aspect of the game. Every bracket in our region is a small knit community of players such that one person can easily influence the behaviors of players in each group, and then you get threads like these.

Edit: So much so that you actually need significant micro-management from GMs and/or GSes to steer behaviors to a desired goal.

AKFrost

Rank 5
Joined
10 Jan 2008
Posts
4860
Location
Berkeley United States
PostedFeb 13, 2013 2:33 am
Uh, not to rain on your parade, but at least in TW, everybody farms arena/HoJ. This 1% trade kills thing was running on TW the day it came out, because anyone can see it's more efficient than actually doing HoJ.

I'm not condoning this behavior, but let's not be so quick as to condemn our region for it.

ready009

Rank 0
ready009
Joined
25 Jan 2013
Posts
43
Location
Dominica
PostedFeb 13, 2013 3:21 am

Re: well

ofc
sababafiddle wrote:
the way that HOJ is setup its prime for trading kills. Most players think duels are silly (rightfully so). And like others said they are there just to get the blueprints. maybe if the 1% wasn't there and the points recieved weren't horrible when you lost OR had a draw OR played a match that lasted more than 3 rounds ther would be less trading, but than again it might also be dead, insert duels are silly.  




No point in real fighting with sucky points,takes forever to get just 1 blue print unlike pvp ones i find to be much better to get.this dude has it all covered

Kalashnikovaa

Rank 4
Kalashnikovaa
Joined
23 Mar 2010
Posts
1934
Location
Hell United States
PostedFeb 13, 2013 3:32 am
AKFrost wrote:
I'm not condoning this behavior, but let's not be so quick as to condemn our region for it.  


Why not? Our region is the only region who has most of the problems we're having. It's pretty normal to have logical assumptions and crappy expectations given the history of this community.

Besides, to my knowledge no one said it was only our region doing it. So, no parade really rained on.

ston102

Rank 0
ston102
Joined
25 May 2011
Posts
80
Location
Dominica
PostedFeb 13, 2013 3:35 am   Last edited by ston102 on Feb 13, 2013 6:02 am. Edited 1 time in total
Samurai882 wrote:
I remember HOJ at start. After a few duels, everyone started leaving when they saw me, with a few exceptions such as kinetic, polina, xphoenix and a few more others, players who actually do pvp. I guess the reasons for that is simple, SL can only be killed by another SL, no other exception (especially in HOJ where we can leech HP from each of the 6 crystals and can use candy making saint's fear useless). So if you think about it, it was just a waste of time. And back then, the game was still active, now it's very dead. I personally only log to do HOJ sometimes and Endless trial for the mats, and this is sad since i love GF arena but i can't experience that anymore. We're a bunch of 81-90 players left, sad to see we are arguing over this. Trading HOJ is fine by me, everyone is happy and can get their talents in one month. Why is it some of you still dont realize that, besides asking for a duel, everything PVP related in this game is gone and will never be back. Just accept reality and go play another game for PVP, because here nothing will change in good. GMRomeu and PManex were the ones who animated GF, since they're gone, the results are obvious. I will say no more regarding this, im just happy i got the chance to post before Mokona will lock this thread also. Yes, a good GM wont be locking a thread of interest to players and throw a few words that will always end in "please be patient". A good GM will communicate but i guess you dont know none of that, apart from SB where you talk about cats and what you had for lunch, and let me tell you something: everyone lost their patience. Heck i dont even know why i bother writing here anymore, lol.  




As i read this i smile because thats what i have been saying months now, alot of the original stuff and ideas have been changed.turned the game into a pure business.I really do miss the old Gm's. As this guy said HOj is just another fail attempt to try to bring pvp back to game,player builds are way too imbalance for some classes and if for once anyone thinks its going to change then good luck.this topic is gonna get lock by all means, because the truth hurts.



I MEAN NO DISRESPECT TO ANYONE I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: