haozoPT

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:01 am

Good/Big Population?

I'm downloading the game right now and I just want to know if the game has a good population.. just because I don't want to play a ghost game, I think you will probably understand why..
Advertisement

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:08 am
Not a ghost town, but it certainly doesn't have a very big population anymore. If your location information is correct.. I recommend you download the Portuguese version of GF. The game is pretty much the same, but their version is highly populated and active.

Kendozsan

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:11 am
EN version: Ponchee server (main channel is ch1) has a decent population, Quill server (main channel is ch2) is dying but hopefully somewhere down the line they will merge.

haozoPT

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:13 am
Portugues version from Brazil right?

PS: just because I'm portuguese from portugal, I don't have nothing against them I'm just asking..
and I don't know why but sometimes they don't like us... or just some of them. I'm not going to tell you why I know this

Jaia2442

Rank 2
Jaia2442
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:25 am
Kendozsan wrote:
EN version: Ponchee server (main channel is ch1) has a decent population, Quill server (main channel is ch2) is dying but hopefully somewhere down the line they will merge.  

Actually Quill isnt dieing, its actually increasing. Good amount of players play there.

Kendozsan

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:01 am
Jaia2442 wrote:
Kendozsan wrote:

Actually Quill isnt dieing, its actually increasing. Good amount of players play there.  

I dunno what you consider a good amount of players but the population of Quill, in my experience, has declined. The op prices and small quantity of items on the AH, the ease with which people can hunt GB's, the empty cities and forlorn looking stragglers outside PT looking for parties, the dead and dying guilds...these things are all symptoms of a dying server imo but i admire your positive attitude and i hope you are right. Point is Ponchee is way more active than Quill and a better choice for a new player, i know this because i play on both servers.

iBambi

Rank 5
iBambi
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:19 am
haozoPT wrote:

PS: just because I'm portuguese from portugal, I don't have nothing against them I'm just asking..
and I don't know why but sometimes they don't like us... or just some of them. I'm not going to tell you why I know this  

I'm not sure if the Portuguese version is from Brazil or Portugal, but I've met people from both countries there. Personally I think playing on GF PT is a lot more fun, due the super high activity and better economy, but the language barrier is what's keeping me on EN. I would say you should give GF EN a try first, but if you find the population to be too small, I would recommend checking out the Portuguese server. o/

haozoPT

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 9:10 am
well thank for your awnsers.

I'm playing in the BR/PT version and it seems to have a good population Smile

Spikerip

Rank 1
Spikerip
PostedFeb 12, 2013 3:48 pm
iBambi wrote:
haozoPT wrote:

I'm not sure if the Portuguese version is from Brazil or Portugal, but I've met people from both countries there. Personally I think playing on GF PT is a lot more fun, due the super high activity and better economy, but the language barrier is what's keeping me on EN. I would say you should give GF EN a try first, but if you find the population to be too small, I would recommend checking out the Portuguese server. o/  

i guess the big question is what are the other servers doing that is making theirs so popular VS the EN version?

iSnacks

Rank 0
iSnacks
PostedFeb 12, 2013 4:23 pm
Spikerip wrote:

i guess the big question is what are the other servers doing that is making theirs so popular VS the EN version?  

I play EN, PT, IT and TW and the only differnce really is the community's attitude. the worst attitudes and overall sportsmanship is in this version. PT has a bunch of nicee people and the drama only starts really with the bigger guilds

Nah you cant really say its the APs items/prices cuz TW is not cheap AT ALL lol. It really comes down to people dont rq or treat each other like crap in the other versions people play for fun and dont try to cheat every other match. not to say they dont have drama at all cuz they do but its nowhere like the nasty attitudes in EN. people here scare off new players like its a sport