Bioghost20

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 1:57 am

Paladin the weakest player.

Hey everyone, this is XXBerserkXX might have seen me around town. Any who I want to bring attention to the Paladin and how much it's starting to suck lvling it up and what not.

#1 When will the str stat be fixed? I have put some good amount of points into it and it hasn't done anything to speed up the killing of mobs.

#2 How is that and WM get's to have a pet when lvled has more HP than a Paladin? And why are they able to lvl u faster than a Warrior and Paladin. I tell you why they are able to AOE anything around them and just heal non-stop. Mean while we have to wait 3min to heal and use pots like no other.

#3 We don't even live up to our "TANK" name. A SM and a WM tank? Including WM water pet. I don't get it? Investing in CON is a bunch of BS. It does nothing but add 100hp each lvl.

#4 Fix the rune system, it's becoming to much of a problem collecting runes and having a bunch of them fail. And if you fail you loose all runes. Fix that please.

So far that's it for now. I'm not the only Pali who has this issue. We're tired of running around asking for buffs from players who are suppose to be asking us for help. Thanks.

I hope the next update will fix much of Paladins nurfing that was done to it.
Advertisement

GMDropkick

Game Master
GMDropkick
PostedFeb 12, 2013 6:22 pm
Thanks for the feedback Bioghost20. We agree with points you are making about the Paladin class.

I think at the moment, the main issue which has a lot of people feeling lackluster about leveling up is the lack of an effect the attributes have when you invest points in them. This is one of our main goals to get sorted out so players can feel more rewarded when they level up and unlock that new talent point.

We will also continue to keep an eye on Paladins and their tanking capabilities. If we feel they are being outshined by the other classes, then we can suggest some slight buffs to get them where they need to be.

pollux88

Rank 0
pollux88
PostedFeb 12, 2013 6:37 pm
From my understanding, paladins in most games are seen as the tank, the defender, capable of withstanding a lot of damage but not really relied upon for offensive prowess. Why you are trying to put strength into a paladin, I don't know. If you wanted damage I would have built a warrior. Notice that most skills of paladins are either beneficial to other party members or are stuns.

Besides that one point, I pretty much agree with as do most paladins out there. I am truly tired of hearing of SMs at a lower level than myself gloat about how they have more defense than me. Also, CON really should add to defense (if only a little) as well as hp. I have literally placed all of my points into CON only to have 1k more hp (not that much) than these SM tanks, who can place the majority of their points into offensive-related stats.

I really don't care if we can't hit harder (I wouldn't really care if our damage was nerfed - which it shouldn't) as long as I can truly outshine any other class in damage absorption if I place all of my skill and stat points into defense over offense (which isn't the case at the moment).

Bioghost20

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:11 pm
I still have my doubt about Paladins being fixed at all. I just saw a yet another WM with water element tanking Elites in the Desert.....

Out of kindness to other player's I always buff anyone I can with my Paladins buffs. But it almost hurts to know that I should be the one taking the role of a true TANK and not be showed up my a water pet.

I will continue to invest in STR and CON point's. But it's becoming way to much of a annoyance to have to watch other players zoom by you in lvls because they are able to tank and DPS at the same time. We have one AOE skill and it's all the way at the bottom of the left tree, while others have it almost right out of the gate.

Also 1 stat point for lvl is really absurd. And you will agree.

iv5d

Rank 1
iv5d
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:48 pm

What does wm mean

Sehlyet

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:56 pm
not going to go over everything related to the paladin but i'll cover some stuff and add some things about the shadow mage and some of your other more off topic suggestions.

1. You want to be a tank yet you are statting strength ok... first problem. str for paladins i believe gives 1 atk dmg vs 1 point in con which adds 30 hp and unlike atk there are 2 party buffs which give 15% additional hp for a total of 30% poppets not included. So whyyy are you statting str?

2. over time your defense will over take a shadow mage due to warrior/paladins armor having higher defense, dodge, and magic resistance. A shadow mage also uses pots like crazy i use non stop mp pots because i chose to not stat wis, if you had more con Wink the hp regen would help reduce the amount of hp pots you use. In the end with 33+ mobs a shadow mage cant really tank all that many mobs anymore 2-3 silvers and i just run, its way too mp intensive to heal non stop.

3. The main issue with pve balance comes from the lack of incentive for people to join parties. If there was a party mechanic that increased exp etc. to that of what one could do solo then a lot more people would join parties. Even now my shadow mage actually only slightly makes more gold/exp solo than when i am in a duo with a warrior and that is because unlike most sm i took deaths cauldron to increase my aoe dps.

4. Honestly lower the cooldown of heal for paladin from 3 minutes to 1 minute and tweak their aggro abilities further and maybe give them a passive def buff and they would be fine. Their tanking abilities aren't that bad right now and in max gears i expect paladins will have a possible 8k+ hp. and their main job in pvp is support which is like any other game.

5. As far as runes are concerned yea it sucks but seriously all mmo's are like that otherwise everyone would be in max gears in a couple of days and what would be the point.

Anarchist69x

Rank 4
Anarchist69x
PostedFeb 13, 2013 5:45 am
The only real issue that i see with paladins is their aggro gain. Any class and their mother can take aggro regardless whether they are 1hand or 2handed. Should also be an option on support tree to reduce heal cool down so that they can be considered support/offtank.

They are however the biggest threat, really the only threat, a SM has in PvP. Not because of their armor or life it's because they have stuns and can chain them at opportune times.

Runes is a good system it's a marketing scheme to make players invest into lucky scrolls. I personally like it. Prevents people from having maxed runes without big risks.

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 13, 2013 6:47 am
Con does only add HP and HP Regeneration, it should aswell add some Defense.
Paladins have the advantage to Heal themselves, even though it has a 3 minute cooldown, it is still a life saver.
Paladins also have very useful Defense Buffs, compared to DPS oriented Warriors, only a small HP Buff.
Some players demand a "Stat Fix" and some players think the stats are just fine. In my opinion, Str should add more than just 1 Attack per Statpoint because it should have been the Warriors main stat that will determine how much damage he's going to do, but Warriors are better if they choose full Con or full Dex instead, because the effect they have give you a better advantage than investing in Str, which almost doesnt do anything.

[EU Server] Eternal - [Website] [Forum Topic]

Shadowslord

Rank 0
PostedFeb 14, 2013 1:51 pm
I agree and disagree with some of the posts on here.

I am currently almost level 39, the Paladin is and always will be my only class.
Playing a tank has been my game style through many years of gaming dating back to Asherons Call.

In it's current state the paladin is not a true tank class at all, more like the throw away tank class as it is in WoW.
The reason being we cannot re establish aggro once it has been lost, we cannot protect group members, we cannot charge into the fray but most of all and by definition we cannot active a skill that when all else fails we will and should be the last person standing amongst the onslaught of mobs while our companions flee to safety, Yes we will die but die with honor that brings me to Last Stand it does not work.

I do not wish to hit as hard as a warrior in fact I shouldn't but I do expect to be able to grab the attention of all our enemy's and keep my team safe, but it seems this task has fallen to the shadow mage with defense, not only can they tank better they can heal everyone and keep aggro no matter how hard you hit the mobs.

coitus14

Rank 0
coitus14
PostedFeb 14, 2013 4:19 pm
Anarchist69x wrote:

Runes is a good system it's a marketing scheme to make players invest into lucky scrolls. I personally like it. Prevents people from having maxed runes without big risks.

They can always lower the success rate in each rune slot.

example:
1st rune = success rate 60%
2nd rune = success rate 50%
3rd rune = success rate 40%
and so on.

With that kind of system players will still buy lucky scrolls.