sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 11, 2013 6:22 pm

List of pop culture references in this game.

I've gone through quite a few pop culture references in EE that were hilarious. Just trying to list them here for the lolz. I bet there are more.

1- "Justin Bieber cologne" is mentioned somewhere in a quest in Highlands.
2- There is a boss called Doubledoor that has a giant white beard and a wizard's hat. (Dumbledore)
3- Four turtle bosses (with TMNT names) and a rat boss representing TMNT in Crooked Vein dgn.

Anyone got any more references to add ?
Advertisement

SolunaFate37

Rank 0
SolunaFate37
PostedFeb 11, 2013 6:29 pm
An NPC in Sunrise Plains references Gangnam Style. ._.

Black.Lilium

Rank 0
Black.Lilium
PostedFeb 11, 2013 6:59 pm
There's a quest in uh... Wetlands (Not sure but I'll check sometime) that mentions Bieber Fever

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 11, 2013 7:30 pm
There's an NPC in Arid Wilds called "Derp." I don't know if this was intentional or not..

katashi65

Rank 3
katashi65
PostedFeb 11, 2013 8:00 pm
The first boss in Uncharted drops a Guitar that claims that Justin Bieber songs are particularly destructive on it.

HP.Lemon

Rank 2
HP.Lemon
PostedFeb 11, 2013 8:23 pm
Not listing repeats here, and this is just off the top of my head - I can imagine I'd find some more if I dig a little harder.
Note - the Gangnam Style reference is only in the story quests related to that NPC, so it's a large 'if you hurry and close the quest windows, you'll miss it' matter.

Some boss items:
(Uncharted Cave, Ulysses's Torture Tools) "They can transform a sane person into a raving maniac in a matter of moments, much like a political debate on Facebook."

NPCs:
Secretary Waver was once an adventurer like you until he took an arrow to the knee. (You need to read the window AFTER making an Eden Crystal)
GG Bank Never will tell you about how it's the only bank in the world founded by leprechauns and built out of reinforced double rainbows.
Mine Garrison Lead Akafon, in addition to Gangnam Style... '"Hey, newbie, if you stay here, we'll party all day and night. It'll be smashing, baby!" Akafon's Austin Powers reference was both horrible and outdated.' This is also story-quest only.

Items:
Luscious Kimono series: "This kimono was made for flouncing, that's just what it'll do, and one of these days this kimono is gonna flounce all over you. That didn't make as much sense as I thought it would..."
The Everyday Uniform Dress series strikes a resemblance to the outfit worn by Vocaloid Miku Hatsune - the male's Everyday Uniform series, very similar to this image in the video, of a commonly accepted Miku Hatsune genderbend (maybe not the voice, but for the appearance moreso)

The TVtropes page for Eden Eternal has some more, too, that haven't been listed here (though quite a few of them listed here, are listed there)

sweetxdevil357

Rank 3
sweetxdevil357
PostedFeb 11, 2013 9:08 pm
Haha, EE has a TVTropes page..

anyway, picked this from there:
One summon Boss awards you with the achievement "Don't fear the Reaper".

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedFeb 11, 2013 11:06 pm
the one so obvious even tvtropes missed it:
Flying monkeys.

DarylValentine

Rank 2
DarylValentine
PostedFeb 12, 2013 1:50 pm
I take credit for the TV Tropes Shout Outs, thank you :< (And Giant Space Flea From Nowhere :>)

I did it a while ago, I missed anything recent :3

Don't forget that Crooked Vein is a massive TMNT parody.

AriaSaitcho

Rank 3
AriaSaitcho
PostedFeb 12, 2013 4:40 pm
the flying monkeys would be pretty old actually, think "Wizard of Oz"; though I suppose you could use "The Great and Powerful Oz" but it hasn't been released to theaters yet. >.<