nucle8

Rank 0
nucle8
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:10 pm

PvP Raid Size

Expand it please!
Now that the servers have merged, I have observed a constant problem with the maximum size of raids. Most of the time we have to juggle 2 raids in Canta PvP, and it really stinks. During events it is an absolute nightmare.
How about expanding it to at least 8 tabs? I am very certain many other people feel the same way!

Advertisement

Micheal20

Rank 2
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:24 pm
im down for that - the one potential problem tho is one faction filling a raid while the other struggles to fill 4 tabs...

nucle8

Rank 0
nucle8
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:34 pm
Shouldn't matter, as it is now you have the same problem, only you are going against the same amount of ppl in 2 raids. At least with one bigger raid ppl would get the kills they deserve, and there would be no ks bickering between raids.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:37 pm
Micheal20 wrote:
im down for that - the one potential problem tho is one faction filling a raid while the other struggles to fill 4 tabs...  

This, increasing raid sizes only works on the principle that both factions have similar overflow, atm if its 36 vs 24, the 6 soon disappear or wait to join the 30 queueing, bigger raid size would lead to 36 v 24 to continue the example, the 36 would likely all othr things being equal overpower killing pvp for all 60 people. I'd personally prefer to wait to join a raid and have 54 people PvP, than have bigger raids and often possibly having noone pvping

nucle8

Rank 0
nucle8
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:45 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
Micheal20 wrote:

This, increasing raid sizes only works on the principle that both factions have similar overflow, atm if its 36 vs 24, the 6 soon disappear or wait to join the 30 queueing, bigger raid size would lead to 36 v 24 to continue the example, the 36 would likely all othr things being equal overpower killing pvp for all 60 people. I'd personally prefer to wait to join a raid and have 54 people PvP, than have bigger raids and often possibly having noone pvping  

I would have agreed with you at one time, but since merge of servers it seems that every time we get any overflow at all another raid gets created and a tab or 2 from the first raid drop and join the second for balance. The downside of this is ppl get half the kills....

We are frequently in a 2 raids with 3-4 tabs each situation, and nobody likes it.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 11, 2013 2:56 pm
heh in an ideal world, and much like every other game I've played PvP zones (read maps) would cap out at a certain number of players (30 in Shaiya's case) and match the numbers and have set timed pvp with the addition of optional openworld pvp servers.

unfortunately that aint likely on a 5 year old game.

Its not a huge problem outside of events/bosses though anyways at least not for the zone/faction I play in, we tend to just have a waitlist to join the raid with people realising creating rival secondary raids = death of pvp. ofc that is helped by multiple maps. If there is raid pvp in dino that has a long wait list end game pvpers have options, I will concede 15/30 players don't, but those zones I don't think the Devs ever considered to be places people would permanentlly play in, but then the Devs aren't particularly farsighted anyways xD

nucle8

Rank 0
nucle8
PostedFeb 11, 2013 3:00 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
heh in an ideal world, and much like every other game I've played PvP zones (read maps) would cap out at a certain number of players (30 in Shaiya's case) and match the numbers and have set timed pvp with the addition of optional openworld pvp servers.

unfortunately that aint likely on a 5 year old game.

Its not a huge problem outside of events/bosses though anyways at least not for the zone/faction I play in, we tend to just have a waitlist to join the raid with people realising creating rival secondary raids = death of pvp. ofc that is helped by multiple maps. If there is raid pvp in dino that has a long wait list end game pvpers have options, I will concede 15/30 players don't, but those zones I don't think the Devs ever considered to be places people would permanentlly play in, but then the Devs aren't particularly farsighted anyways xD  

I play in Canta, and it is a constant problem. Wait lists would be great if if weren't for favoritism. In an ideal world, the map itself would only allow X number of people from each faction into it at any one time, and the raid would automatically add you when your turn came up. Like a 99 Restaurant, sit in the queue and wait your turn. Very Happy