Ginzi

Rank 0
Ginzi
PostedFeb 15, 2013 7:29 pm
Pointless fact: Everyone was so busy arguing noone noticed title says Scarlet Blabe.

Advertisement

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 15, 2013 7:32 pm
Ginzi wrote:
Pointless fact: Everyone was so busy arguing noone noticed title says Scarlet Blabe.  
I knew...

rend1986

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
rend1986
PostedFeb 15, 2013 8:18 pm
FallenGods26 wrote:
lol when you make sense and bring maturity and logic to the conversation they dont hate on you XD cookie (>^_^)>#  

I know right? im kinda disappointed was hoping for some entertaining responses *sigh*

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedFeb 16, 2013 1:51 am
Hadas1 wrote:
But i personally dont understand, where is fun in killing stupid mobs all day long? Yes i like sometimes to grind too, but i cant imagine mmorpg without pvp at all, that just so boring.  

The "fun" is not in grinding on trash mobs to level, the fun is taking on a world boss or a dungeon instance that requires extreme teamwork. It is extremely hard to put together a good team of five or so players that are capable lvl , skill, and gearwise, and also able to communicate well in order to take down the games hardest bosses for a rare chance at the games best gear.

Killing one more smack talker while they weren't paying attention for one more point on a leaderboard pales in comparison.

The fun or challenge doesn't come from grinding trash mobs. Grind is grind. It comes from the results of that dull grind, the work you put in, in order to kill the biggest, baddest boss of the game, and get the best gear.

Beating another player is not hard, and no one will ever like you for being the best pvper for a second, and no one will care when someone beats your score.

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedFeb 16, 2013 2:10 am
I've been playing GW2 some, as I know some of you have too. WvW battleground seems like a good idea, yet ppl constantly complain that it's a zergfest, and that's pretty much right. Individual skills or player ability doesn't come into play when its 20 v 3.

As for the structured PvP, hardcore e-sportists claim its not up to par. But what I see is that High Burst DPS, plus stealth maybe, wins, and the losers cry "Inbalance"

I don't see a way to satisfy PvPers with an MMO. You crave validation from numbers, from points on a board. You want to be the best ever, but even if you are, no one will like you for it, and you will soon be replaced. It makes alot more sense for your personality type to maybe play shooters or fighting games.

I say this because makers of MMO... RPG's create a world. A fantasy world. Hopefully complete with fantasy or sci-fi environments, flora, fauna, and lore. But the PvPer doesn't care about any of that. They just want to beat someone, and feel awesome and talk **** for a second.

Do PvE carebears have an attitude? Maybe, and we should. You dont' see the game, you don't see the artwork, don't hear the music, don't read the lore, you don't care about the gameworld.

You just want one more kill so you can be special.

If a PvPer loses, then the game is "unbalanced"
If a PvPer wins, then the game is 'not a serious e-sport"

Get on Street Fighter and let me kick you in the face with Chun-Li. It's true that you won't be able to brag to all your friends online if you beat me, but no one wants to hear that anyways. No one cares if you win.

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedFeb 16, 2013 2:51 am
Ginzi wrote:

I totally noticed it. English seems to be a second language for many posters here. I only speak one language, so I sort of thought it would be rude to point it out.

Hadas1

Rank 0
Hadas1
PostedFeb 16, 2013 3:35 am
MrMandC wrote:

The "fun" is not in grinding on trash mobs to level, the fun is taking on a world boss or a dungeon instance that requires extreme teamwork. It is extremely hard to put together a good team of five or so players that are capable lvl , skill, and gearwise, and also able to communicate well in order to take down the games hardest bosses for a rare chance at the games best gear.

Here are plenty of instances with bosses, and here are plenty of world bosses, so all you pve lovers will have what to do. In fact while we sucessfully killed big boss in pvp zone plenty of times, we failed to kill big boss in pve zone. So here is your chalenge, looks like this game have plenty of pure pve content for players like you. I personally enjoy it all, bosses, instances, battlegrounds, pvp and pve. So probably i'm one of these lucky ones who can enjoy this game at its fullest Razz.
Also funny thing is that my char is not even suited for pvp, atleast not solo one - medic, but i still enjoy it. For me it's fun even when ganker fails to kill me and i safely run away from him/her to safe spots, that would make him/her mad Very Happy. And i dont care much about kills i make, i'm pretty happy with fact that i survived it and/or helped my team mates to survive.

krzychh

Rank 0
krzychh
PostedFeb 20, 2013 1:55 am
MrMandC wrote:
I say this because makers of MMO... RPG's create a world. A fantasy world. Hopefully complete with fantasy or sci-fi environments, flora, fauna, and lore. But the PvPer doesn't care about any of that. They just want to beat someone, and feel awesome and talk **** for a second.

Do PvE carebears have an attitude? Maybe, and we should. You dont' see the game, you don't see the artwork, don't hear the music, don't read the lore, you don't care about the gameworld.

You just want one more kill so you can be special.

If a PvPer loses, then the game is "unbalanced"
If a PvPer wins, then the game is 'not a serious e-sport"  

Seriously I don't know where did you get this idea. If I play PvP it's purely for fun (or items Very Happy ) and I do care about world and lore. I've been playing quite a few MMos (including GW 2, you mentioned) and I didn't see what you wrote, except for few isolated cases.

mjollnir77

Rank 3
mjollnir77
PostedFeb 20, 2013 2:45 am
Funny, 9 pages of thread and nobody has brought out the class balance thing.

I don't know at higher levels (been just up to 28 in alpha), but man, seriously, melee classes will always be an easy prey for ranged/sw/next OP class.

OFC we can go in party, but TBH is not always possible to have ppl online (everyone got also a real life).

For the ganking part, that can be a serious problem, especially for low levels or non OP classes, I only hope that the whole FvF thing will promote cooperation even between unknown people, but humans always disappoint me when speaking about "thinking as a group" (a couple of events in Caergate during Alpha proved this true once again).

For the just PvE people worried about rare gears dropped just in PvP Areas, well, don't worry, that''s where trade comes in Wink, everyone thinks about MMOs just in terms of PvP or PvE, but there's a third "faction" ^^, Merchants. what cannot be done with gold, can be done with more gold. On another game, I've played just "the merchant" for a couple of months (due to PC toasting I wasn't able to keep up with lags), and discovered this particular way of playing, just farming items in PvE to make the initial capital and then buy/sell.

However, we'll see.

Kawwah85

Rank 0
PostedMar 13, 2013 2:02 am
I think it's kind of interresting to see how the players in this thread who support PvP go into 100% defense mode when PvE players state their opinion and personal wishes for the game. It's kind of like that kid in public school who wouldn't share his candy, and I support people like Grimstrike who actually stands for "something for everyone". It is afterall an mmo, so there really should be room for us all. A lot of people in this thread seems to totally have missed what these so called "carebears" are saying. No one is trying to ruin your pvp experience, people just want some balance.