TStarKnight

Rank 1
TStarKnight
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:00 am   Last edited by TStarKnight on Feb 15, 2013 3:03 am. Edited 1 time in total
Grimstrike wrote:
This thread in and of itself is a fantastic demonstration why PvP and PvE servers would be a fabulous idea.

This thread went from zero to full on hate in no time. Imagine what the in game chat's going to be like.

PvP guys (not all of them but a lot of them) will be hating on the "carebears" and going out of their way to gank them.

PvE guys (not all of them but a lot of them) will be raging over the constant PKing and the antics lots of PvP guys pursue.

If the game doesn't fully allow for the PvP guys and the PvE guys; all of the servers will most likely end up being a hate fest...  

the problem i have with separating it to pvp and pve servers is doesn't it split the community? what if you like both? i make a character in a pvp server i cant take that same character in pve server i dont want to make a second character unless i want to make another class or in this case play with people on Free Knights faction
Advertisement

fallengod26

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:03 am
Grimstrike wrote:
This thread in and of itself is a fantastic demonstration why PvP and PvE servers would be a fabulous idea.

This thread went from zero to full on hate in no time. Imagine what the in game chat's going to be like.

PvP guys (not all of them but a lot of them) will be hating on the "carebears" and going out of their way to gank them.

PvE guys (not all of them but a lot of them) will be raging over the constant PKing and the antics lots of PvP guys pursue.

If the game doesn't fully allow for the PvP guys and the PvE guys; all of the servers will most likely end up being a hate fest...  

wat is up with ppl!?!?!?!?!?!?!. omg!!!!! it is catorgarized as a PVP MMORPG. is it or is it not??? dont go to a slasher film and expect some type of romantic comedy to come out of it!!! <---this is called an analogy. ._. sux i had to point that out cuz this forum just looks like a hate forum. if you like a PVE pure game yeah go to a diff game. if you like pure PVP and open world PVP go to one of those games. this game tries to incorperate both. its still in the testing phase. sooo just chill the **** out!!! carebears this, pk'ers doing this, yadda yadda yadda. i thought this was a game for A-D-U-L-T-S. didnt know ppl would argue like little high shool girls pmsing >_> im sure from the heat aeria is getting about this game from the sentinel censor to the pvp vs pve players, i think they gonna try to take our community's gripes and concerns to LivePlex to see if they would try to change some more stuff to suite us. just dont get bent out of shape and enjoy the game as it is. the pve and pvp server thing is a GREAT idea but since there is a pvp server any ways. i think they would have to maybe do some major changes on the pve server to keep up with the pvp'ers with the loot and exp gains. but oh well. EAT COOKIES!!!!! calm down. i got lots of cookies #<(^_^)># cant wait to play with yall when the CBT happens with wat ever they decide to do with it Very Happy

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:12 am
Naduron1 wrote:
Why are you leveling solo?

It's obvious that you are meant to be leveling in a group, everyone in QB are leveling in a 4-5man groups.

And shadow walker are useless against groups that has a Sentinel in it, tho considering that Sentinel is heavily censored in SB so will it be hard to find one.  

I can't tell if you are serious or not. Why is there a solo instance option?

And for the record, I don't want servers split, or anything changed, including the Sentinel. I haven't even played the game yet so I'm trying not to judge the game itself yet.

I'm all for teamwork and stuff, but if I have to LFG just to grind trash, then that is just silly.

MrMandC

Rank 1
MrMandC
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:19 am
fallengod26 wrote:
it is catorgarized as a PVP MMORPG. is it or is it not???  

Where is this? I keep hearing this, how this is called the pure pvp game, but I've been following it for awhile, and haven't seen that. I came for the hot girls in sexy clothes, honestly. Even if I saw a huge banner that said "Scarlet Blade, THE pure PVP GAME", I'd still want to play for the girl pixels and stuff. I'm wrong all the time, so show me where it's "catagorized as a PVP MMORPG".

fallengod26

Rank 0
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:24 am
MrMandC wrote:
fallengod26 wrote:
it is catorgarized as a PVP MMORPG. is it or is it not???  

Where is this? I keep hearing this, how this is called the pure pvp game, but I've been following it for awhile, and haven't seen that. I came for the hot girls in sexy clothes, honestly. Even if I saw a huge banner that said "Scarlet Blade, THE pure PVP GAME", I'd still want to play for the girl pixels and stuff. I'm wrong all the time, so show me where it's "catagorized as a PVP MMORPG".  

i was asking the question if it was or not cuz i myself havent seen it advertised like that but i have seen things boasting about the pvp. i just want to keep the peace and you know eat cookies while we wait ^_^. sory if the question came out wrong but i was seriously asking if it is or not XD

TStarKnight

Rank 1
TStarKnight
PostedFeb 15, 2013 3:28 am
its no pure pvp it turms an mmofps how ever there is a heavy focus on pvp
http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/news/68967/scarlet-blade-pvp-dev-blog
what the wiki page list in terms of pve
http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=PvE_and_Quests&game=scarletblade
obviously this is not final and subject to change as time passes and cb then final release
then main wiki page for more info incase no one botherd to read it
http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page&game=scarletblade
and again this game is nowhere near final just got out of alpha
oh and as fallengod26 said eat cookies while we wait
there good for you just dont over do it like this guy you'll end up in a bathroom cooking them on a spoon

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 15, 2013 4:09 am
I keep seeing that too, but if you go to the official site and look at the game's official FAQ...it mentions NOTHING about this being a PvP specific game, nor does it mention full-on PvP as a feature. It only mentions specific, concentual PvP in it's game features. Period.

Link to the official FAQ:
http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/overview/faq

What it says regarding PvP for those that don't feel like clicking:

Q: IS THERE PVP IN THIS GAME?

A: Players can engage in 1-on-1 duels, or in massive battlegrounds featuring 50 v 50, 80 v 80 players. There are also objective-based PvP matches which have additional conditions for victory aside from simply gathering kills.

The official FAQ says nothing even close to "this is a PvP-centric game containing full-on, non-concentual PvP". It mentions Battlegrounds, Duels, and PvP Matches...which are all concentual PvP under controlled conditions.

The Korean Queens Blade may list and say those things, but this isn't that version of the game, and the official site doesn't claim being PvP driven in it's own official FAQ for new and potential players. If it had, I wouldn't be here and wouldn't be posting this right now. Consentual PvP ala Battlegrounds, Matches, etc. are things I don't have a problem with. Everyone who queues up knows that it's a free for all and I'm cool with that. It's the unchecked ganking, lowbie killing, griefing, and exploiting in the free roam game environment that I have a problem with.

So to those who keep saying it's a self-proclaimed PvP specific game: click that link up there, read that FAQ and you'll find it says exactly what I have posted it does.

UminoKorasu

Rank 0
UminoKorasu
PostedFeb 15, 2013 6:08 am
I'm mostly a pve type of girl and I'll tell you why, but first I'd like to say that I don't mind the PVP system in general. What I ABSOLUTELY LOATH is childish and immature players that ruin the entire system of it.

I'll delve deeper into that here. Now I haven't played a great many games with open PVP. I think I played one and that was a PVP server on Vanilla WoW when I first started. At the time I was relatively new to the whole pvp thing and didn't quite know what I was getting myself into. I happily questing in a Contested zone (I was a very low leveled player) and then suddenly this ?? lvl (I'm going to assume that he was cap at 60) Tauren came out of nowhere and slew me right then and there!! I was a tad bit confused and went to go find my body once I did I looked around to see if he had left. It looked it to me as he was not around anymore so I raised myself thinking I was safe. Then not a minute later after I raised he killed me again! I rinsed and repeated this and soon got terribly fed up with his idiocy and logged off as I couldn't finish the quest I was on since he was preying on me.

Some time after that I quite WoW and went back to it as my family wanted to play together (which is always awesome. Playing with the fam that is. ^^) and this time we started on a PVE server. I started to do BGs and had pretty fun with it for a long while till I think about the BC expansion happened and I noticed that there where some people yelling hysterically at people who "weren't do a good job" in their eyes. While I wasn't part of that group of people who were getting yelled at I thought it was very ridiculous and uncalled for that they were getting yelled at. I mean it's a game right? Not a job. It's supposed to be fun. Even if you were to loose at least you had fun and enjoyed yourself.

However, later on, I noticed a HUGE influx on these PVP "elitists" who think that they're all that and a bag of chips. I mean they wouldn't be loosing in BGs if they swung their swords more instead of their mouths. Their horrid attitude ended up ruining PVP for me. I even got insulted through an entire Arathi Basin BG just because I wasn't living up to that person's expectations. "Um, excuse me? I don't have to live up to anyone's expectations other then my family's expectations. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know." is what ran through my head when he said that. His hostility really ruined my mood and demoralized me and never bothered with BG's, duels, arena (I never did arena's anyway. lol XD), and anything that dealt with PVP and elitist jerks who like to kill fun for other people just to satisfy themselves.

After that I came the conclusion that those types of jerks who don't know the word "sportsmanship" ruin PVP in its entirety in just about any game as they're in abundance and decided to stick to PVE and only PVP with my family and/or friends who I know won't resort to childish and immature yelling and insults just because I happen to suck at the duel or something. Who knows. I'm probably not the best PVPer, but I'm just a human after all. I'm not perfect. I see no reason to get butthurt about it. I don't mind PvP (BGs and such), but I LOATH and ABHOR PKer's a whole lot more.

Now as for Scarlet Blade I am actually looking forward to trying out the PvP in it as I've spoken to a great deal to the community here and have noticed how nice, kind, and warm they are! Though in the back of mind and deep down in my heart I'm still a little scared to try it as I don't want the types of people that I've meet as I've stated above (which there seems to be a few in here from some of the posts) to ruin SB for me as it has so much potential in the PvP aspect of it. I'll gladly brave the PvP waters once it comes out however. ^^

On a side note:
Wiesior wrote:
I do not understand this PvE carebears.  

Also~ OMG!! CARE BEARS!! I absolutely love that show! They're the most adorable bears EVER!! <3 I don't really have a favorite because I like them all. I have at least three stuffed Care Bear animals. They're really snuggable~ You should get one might ease the angst that's going on~

Aura Kingdom: Hydra: Bellona (Leader of Jigoku guild), Cethin, UminoInori, Alaricus, Melaena, EnmaAi Siren: Vyrsalia, Astharoshe, Teriant Chimera: Bellona

Cakecicley

Rank 0
Cakecicley
PostedFeb 15, 2013 6:16 am
carebears!!!.....♥

<center></center>

donmaldo151

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
donmaldo151
PostedFeb 15, 2013 8:53 am
I wish is game was all PvE. It just seems it would be much more fun. Honestly pvp anywhere is just for jerks that like to come up and kill you without warning. Kinda cowardly to me but some people like to behave that way.

Lets just keep it as it is...