Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 12, 2013 5:00 pm
If you don't want to pvp don't do just stay in the pve areas but don't ask for carebear stuff

Advertisement

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:08 pm
Well, I was really looking forward to the game release until I read this thread.

So we have a PvP centric game between faction...both of which are completely identical in the first place (barring changes from Alpha).

We already have people hating on "carebears".

Here's hoping we get a PvE server so I can keep playing after I hit the "gank cap".

I have nothing against people who enjoy PvP, and I'm all about encouraging people to do what they enjoy...but why to game developers seem to insist that everyone wants to play PvP?

I don't have the reflexes for PvP anymore since an engine block mashed my hands a few years ago, so PvE's pretty much all I can really do these days.

I guess if you want to play PvE in this game you'll have to settle for the table scraps the developers toss to you because you aren't good enough to get the things the cool kids get.

Now I wish I had either A. never looked at this thread or B. never heard of this game in the first place.

So much for actually looking forward to a game release I guess. My own fault for being eager and optimistic I guess.

Enjoy Scarlet Blade you guys...looks like I won't be.

/bummed the f*ck out

fallengod26

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:12 pm
Grimstrike wrote:
Well, I was really looking forward to the game release until I read this thread.

So we have a PvP centric game between faction...both of which are completely identical in the first place (barring changes from Alpha).

We already have people hating on "carebears".

Here's hoping we get a PvE server so I can keep playing after I hit the "gank cap".

I have nothing against people who enjoy PvP, and I'm all about encouraging people to do what they enjoy...but why to game developers seem to insist that everyone wants to play PvP?

I don't have the reflexes for PvP anymore since an engine block mashed my hands a few years ago, so PvE's pretty much all I can really do these days.

I guess if you want to play PvE in this game you'll have to settle for the table scraps the developers toss to you because you aren't good enough to get the things the cool kids get.

Now I wish I had either A. never looked at this thread or B. never heard of this game in the first place.

So much for actually looking forward to a game release I guess. My own fault for being eager and optimistic I guess.

Enjoy Scarlet Blade you guys...looks like I won't be.

/bummed the f*ck out  

hey dont jump de gun guy. if you wanna play then play. you cant know for sure if there will be a pvp or pve pure server or a mix until atleast maybe the CB. well may not for sure untill the official release of the game. dont get bummed out have a cookie #<(^_^<)

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:19 pm
I will have a cookie, thanks.

Maybe Aeria will set up PvP and PvE servers...here's hoping but not expecting. I'm kinda glad now that I didn't but those Aeria Points like I was going to so they would be ready for release (yeah I was one of those guys that was going to but a few AP's here and there to build a small stockpile to use on release...don't judge me lol some of you guys were thinking about it too).

Guess it's time to sit back and shift into "wait and see" mode.

Sorry for blowing a gasket in the previous post...but I was really looking forward to settling in with this game (having a new place to hang my hat for a while, ya know?) and just having something fresh to play.

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedFeb 12, 2013 8:13 pm
I'm a little nervous if it is ALL PvP later in the game, just from previous experience in games where you had to do quests in PvP areas. You couldn't get anything done on your own. So it will depend on how good the community is about helping each other with those quests. We'll see. In alpha I actually enjoyed PvP, though Caergate was pretty frustrating. But with not many people playing yet, it was harder to get a good group together. We'll see, we'll see...

Es8246D

Rank 0
PostedFeb 12, 2013 11:11 pm
TheNinjaKitten wrote:
Honestly, if you don't want to PvP this isn't the game for you. It is heavily PvP focused, and once 40+ content comes you will be forced into open-world PvP zones to level. All end-game content is also PvP driven so you'd probably get bored very quickly unless you decide to do the same dungeon over and over.  

so what you're saying is there is no endgame content. well... that's not too different from most MMOs these days.

*sigh* open-world PVP zones... one of the worst inventions in MMO history. the breeding ground of griefers... well, I'll support the game in terms of getting something less cloistered out in the west, but if that sort of lack of content is what to expect... I'll probably not play very far before dropping it.

levikokonoe, naduron... the very fact you're referring to people who expect actual content out of a game as "carebears" marks you as part of the problem. I weep for thee.

to grimstrike:
that's .kr devs for you. kr is massively huge about e-peen waving, so you get what kr wants when you play kr-made games. of course, most MMOs lately being .kr-made, you can see the results.

like grimstrike I have nothing against people who enjoy PVP; however, the people who are all about PVP at the expense of everyone else and have found a need to come up with a derogatory term for people who aren't interested... those people I have plenty against. but out of respect for AGE's effort to get something more risque out of .kr, I'll resist my usual lack of tact on the matter.

fallguysoldier

Rank 0
fallguysoldier
PostedFeb 12, 2013 11:15 pm
@ Grimstrike: Yeah, I would definitely recommend you to sit back and shift into "wait and see" mode. It's what I'm doing for now. It's still too early to make assumptions about this game, although I'll admit it isn't hard to see the direction it's heading either. But to be fair, I've played a few MMORPGs where noticeable changes have been made to differentiate the original from the localized game, for better or for worse. For me personally, my reasons for staying or leaving Scarlet Blade go beyond just the matter of PvP as there's so much more I would like done or improved on in this game, and so what happens ultimately depends on how this game ends up by the time it goes live. It would be best if you wait so you can at least try the game out and make a better decision as well. Don't let certain people here discourage you, especially at such an early stage of the game. Smile

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 12, 2013 11:51 pm
People here aren't discouraging me at all. There seems to be a collection of pretty good people here for the most part.

It's the possibility of forced PvP in a game where the game website makes no mention of it that bothers me.

From the game website F.A.Q. answering the question "Is there PvP in this game?":

"A: Players can engage in 1-on-1 duels, or in massive battlegrounds featuring 50 v 50, 80 v 80 players. There are also objective-based PvP matches which have additional conditions for victory aside from simply gathering kills."

The game's official site mentions nothing about full on PvP in it's own F.A.Q. regarding PvP. This is one of the reasons I signed up in the first place...the game's site specified duels, battlegrounds, and PvP matches. There's no mention of non-consentual full on PvP.

I'm really hoping they worded things like this because they intend to create a PvE server. That way the PvP guys can do what they want and have fun and people with my mindset can still log on and have fun just the same.

Had the PvP section of the official site's F.A.Q. mentioned full on PvP and gank-fest zones; I wouldn't have given this game a second thought or signed up to even play it. The fact that this game seemed to offer PvP and PvE from the given information is one of the things that made it stand out to me among other Korean imports and initially attracted my interest in playing/supporting it to begin with.

Link to the F.A.Q. below:
http://scarletblade.aeriagames.com/overview/faq

ChibiViolet

GameSage: Aura Kingdom
ChibiViolet
PostedFeb 13, 2013 12:29 am
I can only speak from my experience with Alpha, who knows what will change if anything from Alpha to CB besides bug fixes and localization.

Anyways, I am not much of a PvP player but when I participated in PvP in Scarlet Blade, I really enjoyed it. I actually wanted to join in the PvP battles every hour. The PvP battlegrounds open up at level 14, or at least that's when in Alpha. I didn't get to a open PvP area until I was level 25 and that was Caergate.

If there is something I can say about Caergate, when you go there you're in a safe area, you're not instantly thrown into the fray. There are also NPCs that are supposed to protect you from the opposite faction, so I have heard.

Back to the subject of PvP itself, it made leveling a little easier too. You gained experience from participating in the PvP battlegrounds. And you started gaining dogtags from level 20+ players you killed in PvP which you could use to trade for medals and get stuff. It was a pretty neat feature in my opinion.

That's pretty much my two cents, sorry for the rambling. ^^

GS_Serah . Kaori

Grimstrike

Rank 0
Grimstrike
PostedFeb 13, 2013 4:04 am
Ya know, I don't recall saying I wanted the game to be turned into a PvE game.

I do, however, recall saying that the game should be available for BOTH PvP and PvE players without PvE players being pushed into PvP just to play the game.

PvE server for PvE players.

PvP server for PvP players.

I don't want PvP guys to miss out on anything they enjoy, and I don't want PvE players to get a gimped gaming experience either.

I personally don't enjoy the thought of kitted out players roaming around and killing players that aren't equal to them (which we all know is what will happen in full-on PvP). If you enjoy that sort of thing, by all means, have at it but not everyone is into that sort of thing.

For those of us who don't enjoy that particular aspect of a game, I'm just asking for an option so we don't have to deal with it (hence a PvE server).

If the developers/Aeria made a post mentioning that they were going to strip out PvP, I would post against it because PvP players deserve to play the type of content they enjoy playing. I just want to make sure that PvP AND PvE players can both play the game and have fun. Isn't that the point of playing a game anyway? Having fun?

I would even go so far as to ask people that want PvE options to voice their opinions and let Aeria know that not everyone wants a forced PvP environment to play in.

I'm not going to crap on people that want to play PvP because they enjoy it, but I am going to support a non-forced PvP option for people that don't want to have to deal with it.

So if you want a PvE server/non-forced PvP option available in Scarlet Blade, putting up a

/signed

might be a good idea.

It isn't uncommon for most newer MMOs to support PvP and PvE without sacrificing story content for either type of player. This game shouldn't be any different since more options equal more players equal more revenue.