Author Message

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
404
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 24, 2013 6:13 pm
TotallyJay wrote:
If we go through this list...

Well, that's all I'll say.  


The only true fallacy here is pretty much you, you sum it up in perfection, so far (after i shut you up in your first trolling attempts) the only times you have posted here is when someone else chimes in and speaks then you come along and act all superior off the back of the person posting.

You remind me of the little mouthy kid at school who if you walked past them in the hallway wouldnt say a thing to you....then when around some so called bigshot friends try to be hard in front of there tough friends and mouth off like a fool, sums you up exactly to be honest.

And with ledzep no point in even going there...pretty much exactly the same thing.

Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedFeb 24, 2013 6:16 pm
LoDebar wrote:
My antivirus program, AVG, still reports that config.exe has a trojan virus. Config.exe is in the same directory as game.exe

Now, the new thing that developed a couple days ago is the backup copy of Shaiya that I made before EP6 is also reporting that config.exe has a trojan virus.

I have renamed the config.exe to config.doc and I still get the virus warning.

So far I just ignore it because several people have talked about false positives. But it is a bit on the odd side that my anti-virus program is only targeting the config.exe files in the shaiya directories.  
Another thing that points to it being a false positive is the fact that the backup config.exe has suddenly been flagged. This is a file that is many months old and hasn't changed in all those months, yet it has suddenly become a virus?
As Jay said, if it is flagged as a "generic" virus this means that avg hasn't found any specific virus in there, but there is some code that bears a bit of resemblance to a known virus. This isn't to say that the config file actually behaves like a virus though. Even virus writers will write code that is fairly "normal".
One of the things that sets anti-virus programs apart from each other is the number and nature of false positives they report. There have been instances of anti-virus software bringing down the entire operating system because they quarantined essential Windows files.
AVG ranks mid-table for false positives & I think it's pretty safe to assume that this is one.

RIP Kizzd

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
Joined
19 Dec 2008
Posts
7246
Location
New Zealand
PostedFeb 24, 2013 6:26 pm
ShieldWarr wrote:
i will make it simple for you to understand, "before" you posted you never actually contributed or posted in this thread, simple enough for you ??? therefore to come here and just spout your opinion over something you havent contributed too....hope that cleared it up for you keyboard warrior.  
Nope, still not getting it. How can you contribute to a thread if you have to contribute to the thread before you do?

Instead of getting defensive and going off the deep end again, please try reading what I said. I didn't attack you, just pointed out some inconsistencies in what you were saying and disagreed with some other stuff.
That is not the same as attacking, it is also not trolling. It is possible to disagree with someone without attacking them - and this is what I did.
This is not the first time you have taken disagreement as an attack. You have valuable things to contribute to the forums (and I have made this comment before), but this sort of response will make a lot of people dismiss you as very young and excitable. Instead of getting defensive and posting abusive responses, please try reading what others say and thinking about it for a while before responding.

RIP Kizzd

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
Joined
27 Jan 2011
Posts
404
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 24, 2013 7:21 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:
ShieldWarr wrote:
i will make it simple for you to understand, "before" you posted you never actually contributed or posted in this thread, simple enough for you ??? therefore to come here and just spout your opinion over something you havent contributed too....hope that cleared it up for you keyboard warrior.  
Nope, still not getting it. How can you contribute to a thread if you have to contribute to the thread before you do?

Instead of getting defensive and going off the deep end again, please try reading what I said. I didn't attack you, just pointed out some inconsistencies in what you were saying and disagreed with some other stuff.
That is not the same as attacking, it is also not trolling. It is possible to disagree with someone without attacking them - and this is what I did.
This is not the first time you have taken disagreement as an attack. You have valuable things to contribute to the forums (and I have made this comment before), but this sort of response will make a lot of people dismiss you as very young and excitable. Instead of getting defensive and posting abusive responses, please try reading what others say and thinking about it for a while before responding.  


You have a very good point tbh, im quite defensive very naturally in these forums a heck of alot more then i am in the WoW forums pretty much due to certain individuals/groups that are on here and it makes me either irratable or overly defensive or pretty much both... i have never quite met the likes of some people in here on any other forum and i suppose my mind set is set to defensive mode before i even think about what i type, my apologies for it.
I made a mistake of not SSing my infected files and with the nonsense over talk of burdening proof, have had a bit of pressure in this thread, even though why i would make such a thing up and post it here is beyond me so no idea why people find it so hard to believe.

Articwind8

Rank 0
Joined
20 Dec 2009
Posts
27
Location
United States
PostedFeb 24, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: Removed via Maleware Bytes!

Same problem!
brodysmash14 wrote:
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.70.0.1100
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.02.09.08

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x86 NTFS
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421
Jody Rutter :: JODYRUTTER-WIN7 [administrator]

2/9/2013 6:40:03 PM
mbam-log-2013-02-09 (18-40-03).txt

Scan type: Custom scan (E:\Home\AeriaGames\Shaiya|)
Scan options enabled: File System | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | Heuristics/Extra | P2P
Objects scanned: 735
Time elapsed: 3 minute(s), 35 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Values Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Data Items Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Folders Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Files Detected: 1
E:\Home\AeriaGames\Shaiya\game.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)  


this looks just like what happened to me. what idd you do? delete it? when I quarantined it I could not play shyia. did Aeria games put this on in their latest patch?
when you deleted it were you able to play shyia?

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
Joined
17 Dec 2010
Posts
1583
Location
United States
PostedFeb 24, 2013 8:20 pm
Trojan.Agent is a common false positive for MBAM (Google for yourself).

It uses a heuristic scan to test basic activity of an executable. Game.exe acts just like some trojans (hiding itself in memory, decrypting from a file to memory, etc)

Articwind8

Rank 0
Joined
20 Dec 2009
Posts
27
Location
United States
PostedFeb 24, 2013 8:36 pm
so then are you saying that it is not a trojan? it is safe then?

I want to be sure.

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
Joined
18 Jun 2011
Posts
1228
Location
Tacoma United States
PostedFeb 24, 2013 8:54 pm
Correct, it is safe. This falls into the category of a "false positive." Adding the file to you antivirus program's exception list should clear things up for you.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
Joined
17 Dec 2010
Posts
1583
Location
United States
PostedFeb 24, 2013 8:59 pm
Articwind8 wrote:
so then are you saying that it is not a trojan? it is safe then?

I want to be sure.  


I'm not actually saying that. I'm saying it's not likely at all.

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
Joined
21 Sep 2007
Posts
4105
Location
Orlando, FL United States
PostedFeb 24, 2013 10:20 pm
ShieldWarr wrote:
TotallyJay wrote:
If we go through this list...

Well, that's all I'll say.  


The only true fallacy here is pretty much you, you sum it up in perfection, so far (after i shut you up in your first trolling attempts) the only times you have posted here is when someone else chimes in and speaks then you come along and act all superior off the back of the person posting.

You remind me of the little mouthy kid at school who if you walked past them in the hallway wouldnt say a thing to you....then when around some so called bigshot friends try to be hard in front of there tough friends and mouth off like a fool, sums you up exactly to be honest.

And with ledzep no point in even going there...pretty much exactly the same thing.  

So basically:


Display posts from previous:   Sort by: