ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 22, 2013 7:20 pm
Just downloaded ignite and shaiya and reinstalled checked with AVG malwarebytes and advanced systemcare 6, and found nothing so either they fixed the problem (if it was in the download/updates or it was something that got into my PC through old files from shaiya.

As for burden of proof yes in hindsight i should have saved the file locations and had some sort of proof, but i deleted them straight away once i found them, its quite sad that i have only notified people of what i found and alot of people (not all) have decided to mouth off talk total nonsense and generally troll poorly, im not interested in wasting my time making up silly stories about some ijji.AVA.dll files and for anyone that thinks i am well then your just plain pathetic.

Alot of people have had there files infected with this and other trojans through Aeria you only need to check the forums for proof.

It seems not everyone has had the missfortune of having these on there PC's (thankfully)
so not finding them is pretty much a good thing.

This was brought to attention to help people if they had this problem, not to help the under educated trolls come out of hiding and then start to keyboard warrior like a dumbass.

Like i stated before, i dont personally know any of you so if you dont bellieve what i write here its not like im going to curl up into a ball and cry myself to sleep lol, i am only notifiying people that i too have had Aeria files comprimise my PC just like others have had too.

Maybe instead of attacking people on the forums when they offer a suggestion or information a bit of maturity and sef discipline should be acitvated before you type.

Advertisement

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedFeb 23, 2013 3:30 pm
ShieldWarr wrote:
Maybe instead of attacking people  
ShieldWarr wrote:
bit of maturity and sef discipline should be acitvated before you type.  
ShieldWarr wrote:
for anyone that thinks i am well then your just plain pathetic.  
ShieldWarr wrote:
under educated trolls come out of hiding and then start to keyboard warrior like a dumbass.  
It's best to get your own house in order before complaining how messy other people are being. The only person I see attacking anyone is you.

I see no trolling. I see people disagreeing with you and asking you to prove your claims (which you were unable to do). Disagreeing with you is not the same as trolling. Also, the people disagreeing have a lot more computer experience than you do and really know what they are talking about.
You asked why a DLL would remain after a program was de-installed. It's pretty common knowledge that if a file is in use when a program is de-installed then Windows cannot remove it - it takes a reboot for that to happen.
ShieldWarr wrote:
Alot of people have had there files infected with this and other trojans through Aeria you only need to check the forums for proof.  
Um... that's not proof. A false positive is still a false positive even if a lot of people report it. Everybody used to believe the world was flat, but that didn't make it so.

If I make a claim that the government is spying on me and is out to get me then it is up to me to provide some sort of proof that this is happening. It is not up to the government to prove that it is not. Similarly, if you make a claim that Shaiya has a trojan virus then it is up to you to provide proof that this is true - it is not up to other people to prove you wrong.
Proving that something is not true is immensely harder than proving that it is true - which is why we have a presumption of innocence in our justice system.

RIP Kizzd

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 23, 2013 3:53 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:

claim that the government is spying on me and is out to get me  

They stalk your facebook when you've been bad. Wink

-Retired.

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 24, 2013 5:18 am
MerlinMcTav wrote:
ShieldWarr wrote:
Maybe instead of attacking people  
ShieldWarr wrote:
bit of maturity and sef discipline should be acitvated before you type.  
ShieldWarr wrote:
for anyone that thinks i am well then your just plain pathetic.  
ShieldWarr wrote:
under educated trolls come out of hiding and then start to keyboard warrior like a dumbass.  
It's best to get your own house in order before complaining how messy other people are being. The only person I see attacking anyone is you.

I see no trolling. I see people disagreeing with you and asking you to prove your claims (which you were unable to do). Disagreeing with you is not the same as trolling. Also, the people disagreeing have a lot more computer experience than you do and really know what they are talking about.
You asked why a DLL would remain after a program was de-installed. It's pretty common knowledge that if a file is in use when a program is de-installed then Windows cannot remove it - it takes a reboot for that to happen.
ShieldWarr wrote:
Um... that's not proof. A false positive is still a false positive even if a lot of people report it. Everybody used to believe the world was flat, but that didn't make it so.

If I make a claim that the government is spying on me and is out to get me then it is up to me to provide some sort of proof that this is happening. It is not up to the government to prove that it is not. Similarly, if you make a claim that Shaiya has a trojan virus then it is up to you to provide proof that this is true - it is not up to other people to prove you wrong.
Proving that something is not true is immensely harder than proving that it is true - which is why we have a presumption of innocence in our justice system.  

All that time just to make a post in a thread you have not even contributed too, thankyou for proving my point, wow, your my hero.
How about learning from your own book of faults and remembering what your parents would have taught you, dont give your opinion if you havent contributed to a conversation as no one will be interested in it. Seems you have some house getting in order to do yourself, hypocrit.

MerlinMcTav

Rank 5.1
MerlinMcTav
PostedFeb 24, 2013 11:22 am
ShieldWarr wrote:
All that time just to make a post in a thread you have not even contributed too, thankyou for proving my point, wow, your my hero.
How about learning from your own book of faults and remembering what your parents would have taught you, dont give your opinion if you havent contributed to a conversation as no one will be interested in it. Seems you have some house getting in order to do yourself, hypocrit.  
I'm not sure that makes any sense - how can anyone ever contribute to a thread then if they have to contribute first? My parents certainly told me a lot of illogical things, but that wasn't one of them.
While I haven't contributed earlier, that's because what I would have said was covered by several others. I have been following it though.
Instead of attacking me, how about reading what I said and thinking about it? I don't know what point you think I proved but I'm pretty certain I didn't.

RIP Kizzd

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedFeb 24, 2013 11:55 am
If we go through this list...

Well, that's all I'll say.

LedZepMan92

Rank 5
LedZepMan92
PostedFeb 24, 2013 2:47 pm
Gotta love using subjective (and fallacious) arguments in an attempt to validate an objective claim.

Derp.

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedFeb 24, 2013 4:59 pm
My antivirus program, AVG, still reports that config.exe has a trojan virus. Config.exe is in the same directory as game.exe

Now, the new thing that developed a couple days ago is the backup copy of Shaiya that I made before EP6 is also reporting that config.exe has a trojan virus.

I have renamed the config.exe to config.doc and I still get the virus warning.

So far I just ignore it because several people have talked about false positives. But it is a bit on the odd side that my anti-virus program is only targeting the config.exe files in the shaiya directories.

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedFeb 24, 2013 5:19 pm
LoDebar wrote:
My antivirus program, AVG, still reports that config.exe has a trojan virus. Config.exe is in the same directory as game.exe

Now, the new thing that developed a couple days ago is the backup copy of Shaiya that I made before EP6 is also reporting that config.exe has a trojan virus.

I have renamed the config.exe to config.doc and I still get the virus warning.

So far I just ignore it because several people have talked about false positives. But it is a bit on the odd side that my anti-virus program is only targeting the config.exe files in the shaiya directories.  

What is it being flagged for?

If it says Generic anything, it's likely false positive.

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 24, 2013 6:07 pm
MerlinMcTav wrote:
ShieldWarr wrote:
I'm not sure that makes any sense - how can anyone ever contribute to a thread then if they have to contribute first? My parents certainly told me a lot of illogical things, but that wasn't one of them.
While I haven't contributed earlier, that's because what I would have said was covered by several others. I have been following it though.
Instead of attacking me, how about reading what I said and thinking about it? I don't know what point you think I proved but I'm pretty certain I didn't.  

i will make it simple for you to understand, "before" you posted you never actually contributed or posted in this thread, simple enough for you ??? therefore to come here and just spout your opinion over something you havent contributed too....hope that cleared it up for you keyboard warrior.