Arthur5174
PostedFeb 17, 2013 10:26 pm
trojans keep ourselves safe.

Advertisement

LoDebar

Rank 3
LoDebar
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:56 am
For the last couple days, my antivirus program, AVG, has been alerting me that the Config.exe file has a trojan virus.

A couple months ago game.exe came back as tagged with a virus. I deleted it and reinstalled the game, and it hasn't been tagged as being a virus since. But now config.exe is being tagged as a virus almost daily.

JohnytheGod

Rank 3
JohnytheGod
PostedFeb 19, 2013 6:59 am
Hmm This is weird. So many people are discussing about this problem but I haven't experianced problems like these. Maybe you guys downloading it from other Site? Don't know what to say...

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 19, 2013 12:02 pm
It doesnt matter what you say about these virus's to be honest, simple people with simple minds with over great expectations of themselves troll the thread thinking they are either funny (which there not) intelligent, even though they cant be bothered to check for proof (kinda says it all) or massively more intelligent then the average human of which they think they are well above( which again there not).

The virus's are real not a joke not a conspiracy not a scam to get players to run from Aeria etc etc.

4 files keeping a port open even after ALL associated files from the program they use are deleted /permanently wiped shows exactly what they are.

And we are not talking about false postives (for the overly imaginitive of you) as if they were false positives then the 4 files wouldnt be there, hence the term "false" positive, so since they ARE there i suppose you could call it a "positive" positive. ( just maing it simple for the overly imaginative).

M8B

Rank 1
PostedFeb 21, 2013 10:13 am
Everyone becareful...my account was recently compromised and all of my AP were spent. That d-bag actually used my account to play Grand Fantasia and used all of my AP. I never shared my account info with anyone ever so this is a surprise to me that someone can get into my account like that.

This morning I scanned my entire computer and what pops up as infected? The Shaiya game.exe was identified as a Trogan.Agent. So I uninstalled everything that has to do with Aeria Games and changed all of my passwords.

This is the only explanation I can come up with to how my account got hacked into so be alert all.

Sent a ticket but doubt Aeria Games will do anything due to the wonderful customer service that they are known for...

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedFeb 21, 2013 11:36 am
ShieldWarr wrote:

All trolling aside now. You keep saying "research it yourself" etc etc, but you are the one making a claim. The burden of proof is on you. You say you found orphan .dll files, but cannot tell us where you found them. You say they are keeping ports open but cannot tell us what information is being sent/received. Basically, your statement comes down to "I found this stuff somewhere that I don't remember and it's doing stuff that I think is bad bud don't really know what it's doing. Prove me wrong!" Shifting the burden of proof: a common logical fallacy.

Anyways, logical fallacies aside, just for fun, I dug a little deeper. I have been completely unsuccessful in locating the mystery .dll files, with and without Shaiya, Ignite, or any other AGE game or software installed. (Search was done directly and also using Advanced SystemCare 6.1 Pro.)
With all Aeria products uninstalled, and before running any type of scan, I used a small utility called CurrPorts which allows me to view all open ports on my computer. Nothing out of the ordinary there.

Furthermore, after game.exe initially flagged as a generic trojan agent, I contacted Malwarebytes support and provided them a copy, asking if they could check for a possible false positive. While they have not replied to me directly, at this time nothing within the Aeria Games folder on my PC is coming up as a virus.

Are you sure that these .dll files you found came from AGE? I did a quick google search of "ijji.ava.dll" and the only results that came up were links to your posts here on the Shaiya forums and some links discussing hacks and cheats for the game A.V.A.

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedFeb 21, 2013 11:41 am
MasterExplodr wrote:
some links discussing hacks and cheats for the game A.V.A.  

I stopped responding when he kept trying to put the burden of proof on me. Useless argument.

But lulz. It was clearly just his AVA hacks.

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 22, 2013 6:06 pm
TotallyJay wrote:
MasterExplodr wrote:

I stopped responding when he kept trying to put the burden of proof on me. Useless argument.

Never played AVA ever your a crap troll lol.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 22, 2013 6:20 pm
ShieldWarr wrote:
TotallyJay wrote:
MasterExplodr wrote:

he is right in one sense for sure though, you've said a lot in this thread and proved nothing, the proof is on you noone else.

i.e. As Jay says the burden of proof is on you.

Personally I couldn't care less, my machine is fine, the issue is yours not mine

brodysmash14

Rank 2
brodysmash14
PostedFeb 22, 2013 6:29 pm
JamesGodden wrote:
ShieldWarr wrote:
TotallyJay wrote:
MasterExplodr wrote:

he is right in one sense for sure though, you've said a lot in this thread and proved nothing, the proof is on you noone else.

i.e. As Jay says the burden of proof is on you.

Personally I couldn't care less, my machine is fine, the issue is yours not mine  

Scan it with Maleware bytes!

I don't kill lights for merit, I kill them because I want to kill them! Bwahahahahhahaha! -5 Year Player