LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 12, 2013 11:59 am
Have you never modded PC games or had mods installed for your games, like the skyrim or star wars mods?
Sometimes you take the risk of downloading hundreds of thousands of files for your own entertainment, from complete strangers and nothing bad ever comes from it. Even a few times when the antivirus system says it might possibly a virus, but expert modders then clarify that the use of some files act like a program (etc) and an antivirus system can sometimes think the file is using suspicious activity in your PC game.

To the original OP:
I haven't had any issues with those Sys. files in the avital folder. Removed them in december and my PC was fine, I eventually had them back when the patch was updated recently. Probably just the antivirus system you use. What was it you used? My friend had the same problems as you, and he uses AVG. Some antivirus systems are so strict as well, like norton was for me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Iji files.. I looked for them but I can't find any of them anywhere on my system, not even hidden in system folders or Aeria ones.

-Retired.
Advertisement

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 12, 2013 4:24 pm
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
Have you never modded PC games or had mods installed for your games, like the skyrim or star wars mods?
Sometimes you take the risk of downloading hundreds of thousands of files for your own entertainment, from complete strangers and nothing bad ever comes from it. Even a few times when the antivirus system says it might possibly a virus, but expert modders then clarify that the use of some files act like a program (etc) and an antivirus system can sometimes think the file is using suspicious activity in your PC game.

To the original OP:
I haven't had any issues with those Sys. files in the avital folder. Removed them in december and my PC was fine, I eventually had them back when the patch was updated recently. Probably just the antivirus system you use. What was it you used? My friend had the same problems as you, and he uses AVG. Some antivirus systems are so strict as well, like norton was for me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for Iji files.. I looked for them but I can't find any of them anywhere on my system, not even hidden in system folders or Aeria ones.  

Im not talking about false positives, im talking about 4 ijji.AVA.dll files staying on our PC's and remaining very difficult to find even AFTER you have deleted all related aeria files off your PC and keeping a port "open". the very fact they are keeping a port open gives them the correct terminology of a generic trojan as thats exactly what they are, regardless of wether or not a anti virus says so or not, they are there other people have found them too, and they are quite dangerous.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 12, 2013 7:00 pm
ShieldWarr wrote:

Yes they were very much hidden away making it extremely hard to pin them down, i could find the folder direction but when i tried to type it into the search function it could not be found.  

Do you still recall the names of the folders? Even 1 of them and where abouts they were located?

-Retired.

TotallyJay

Rank 3
TotallyJay
PostedFeb 13, 2013 3:11 am
ShieldWarr wrote:

Im not talking about false positives, im talking about 4 ijji.AVA.dll files staying on our PC's and remaining very difficult to find even AFTER you have deleted all related aeria files off your PC and keeping a port "open". the very fact they are keeping a port open gives them the correct terminology of a generic trojan as thats exactly what they are, regardless of wether or not a anti virus says so or not, they are there other people have found them too, and they are quite dangerous.  

What makes you think they are quite dangerous? Keeping a port open does not mean it's a trojan or even remotely dangerous. Without giving me any wireshark or tcpdump results, or any screenshots, or any directories, or anything even remotely valid to prove your statements, you're just talking nonsense.

You're claiming that DLLs are opening ports. What process did they hook? If you were able to find the linked DLLs that were being used, you'd have to know what process tree it was from. So what process was using them? That's important to know and determine whether or not they are indeed malware or not.

Open ports DO NOT mean trojans. Keep in mind when you download Ignite and any AGE game, you agree to a peer to peer sharing agreement via Akamai. You AGREE to letting them open ports and use your computer.

ShieldWarr

Rank 2
ShieldWarr
PostedFeb 13, 2013 7:16 am
TotallyJay wrote:
ShieldWarr wrote:

What makes you think they are quite dangerous? Keeping a port open does not mean it's a trojan or even remotely dangerous. Without giving me any wireshark or tcpdump results, or any screenshots, or any directories, or anything even remotely valid to prove your statements, you're just talking nonsense.

You're claiming that DLLs are opening ports. What process did they hook? If you were able to find the linked DLLs that were being used, you'd have to know what process tree it was from. So what process was using them? That's important to know and determine whether or not they are indeed malware or not.

Open ports DO NOT mean trojans. Keep in mind when you download Ignite and any AGE game, you agree to a peer to peer sharing agreement via Akamai. You AGREE to letting them open ports and use your computer.  

Even when the programs are deleted ? seems your talking more nonsense then me on this one, why would they need to be open if the programs are no longer there ? seems kinda odd doesnt it !!! like i said, since you have so much valualble troll information regarding such things, go and delete all associated aeria files and go find the 4 files yourself, run a diagnostic test on them and then provide your own evidence or are you too lazy ? Since i dont know you or even care about you why would i go through all the trouble of giving you proof off my own back just to back up things that you should be quite easily be able to figure out yourself since you seem to know so much, the proof is there for you to find, you as a person mean nothing to me if you dont trust my word its not like im going to get upset and lose sleep over it, the evidence is there for you to find stop being lazy and go find it, money were your extensive mouth is please, if you cant manage it stop posting simple as that.

@LordKataro sorry for late reply i have man flu so kinda trying to chill out right now, i cant remember were the exact extension for the files were i used advanced system care 6 program and ran its tool called disk explorer and found them right away hope this helps, also another player took the files to college (or university i cant remember which) and showed them to her proffesors in computing (whitehats, if you know the terminology) and they confirmed that these 4 files are very dangerous and possibly even illegal to use as a business to keep a backdoor "open" her thread was deleted as she stated she had her parents lawyers involved, even though the thread was deleted quite a few people read it.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 13, 2013 10:23 am
It's a conspiracy!

more so I can track thread to amuse me when I need a giggle

DaddyoDX

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 12:50 pm
wow the post took an odd subject twist there for a while but nice to see it got back on track.

i think like some others have said that the file is part of the peer to peer element. it was picked up with malwarebytes but not with avast or spybot. so likely nothing too serious or a false positive. i'll continue to watch things. i haven't uninstalled shaiya (although i haven't played for a while).

thanks to those who provided some input.

see you in the world!

laytape

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 4:26 pm
Bump

laytape

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2013 4:17 am

laytape

Rank 0
PostedFeb 17, 2013 6:34 pm
bump up bump