jmcasmith

Rank 2
PostedFeb 09, 2013 5:57 am

D2 PVP idea

I have been spending a bit of time in D2 grinding my pagan recently, and I think that this dungeon should be level restricted, and my reasoning is as follows:

1/ Some of the most epic pvp battles ever have been over Kimu - its a fun pvp zone.

2/ Would give people who miss Goddess Zone somewhere to pvp

3/ Means that 80's wouldn't come kill my nub Pagan .. and I wouldn't then ask for help to kill the scu ..... err Alliance Razz

4/ Some people like me like to grind in the PVP zones (can't wait to get to Jungle) but there is a limit on fairness - yes I could go Lan/Pando but I would like the opporunity to pvp against my own level .. the jump from 30 pvp to 70/80 PVP is a lot of levels ... and leaching is only fun for about 2 seconds.

There would obviously need to be a change to the spawn .. i.e u spawn inside or you would need a curtain like OI or Jungle/DD ports.

I know that this would probably never happen and its a shame because I for one would love to see it.

If you kill me in D2 ... my Pagan's name is Odd.Job ... please remember to say HI

Feedback on this would be Welcome

Thanks

Odd.Job/ Dakz
Advertisement

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedFeb 09, 2013 6:33 am
would be nice and this isn't the first time something like this was suggested. you are right that Nexon would never do this. thy made their money from goddess and they took it away when the cash flow slowed.

Adesigns

Rank 0
Adesigns
PostedFeb 09, 2013 6:55 am
i go to dd1 and dd2 for lvling and farming dual lapis and MORE lvl 80's dark kill me....is the same for 2...darks and lighting is the same situation....

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedFeb 09, 2013 7:50 am

Re: D2 PVP idea

jmcasmith wrote:
I have been spending a bit of time in D2 grinding my pagan recently, and I think that this dungeon should be level restricted, and my reasoning is as follows:

1/ Some of the most epic pvp battles ever have been over Kimu - its a fun pvp zone.  

While that's absolutely true, and how I miss D2 pvp, you defeat your idea on the second sentence. There's Kimu down there, it's a unique boss, so it cannot be capped.
on the other hand, D1 has no unique drops (boss only drops the heroic 50-53 set that also drops in D2 and Aur/stigma), but mobs' level is too low for a "goddess" zone.
both DD1 and DD2 have unique drops (duals and accs), so not an option either

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 09, 2013 8:02 am
Pharos boss dungeon is lvl and zone capped but still drops decent items, CR quest boss, too.
I see no reason for kimu to not also be 35 - 60 capped. Maybe I'm missing something here?

-Retired.

GJVV

Rank 1
GJVV
PostedFeb 09, 2013 8:17 am
LordKotaro1011 wrote:
Pharos boss dungeon is lvl and zone capped but still drops decent items, CR quest boss, too.
I see no reason for kimu to not also be 35 - 60 capped. Maybe I'm missing something here?  

Only thing you are missing is the level 80's greed and the need to farm every boss possible.

mclovin365

Rank 4
mclovin365
PostedFeb 09, 2013 8:23 am
GJVV wrote:
LordKotaro1011 wrote:

Only thing you are missing is the level 80's greed and the need to farm every boss possible.  

greed, the destroyer of nations and the destroyer of Shaiya

styfz

Rank 1
styfz
PostedFeb 09, 2013 9:56 am
LordKotaro1011 wrote:

your post says it all:

CR boss is a quest boss, hence why it needs capping or there would be massive QQ from questers and grief from farmers, and furthermore it's drops are kinda outdated with the new dread dungeon

pharos and rapioru are in a capped pvp zone, they are not capped dungeons themselves, and also have quest bosses.
following your "comparison" would mean capping all of d-water to 60, and that means no DD1/2, Jungle, SC and so on.

GJVV wrote:

That's grief talk all over and misconception that only 80's are greedy... It is part of every MMO having bosses that are hogged by ppl, and part of human nature to be greedy.
Example: SC boss has been around forever and can be solo'd by a 70, yet it is still the "main" boss in the game, dropping the most valuable items, and sometimes having multiple raids of the same faction waiting on it. It's not greed, it's lack of newer content, so blame it on the Devs, not the players.

Point here is, it doesn't matter if 80's are hogging said zone or not (I don't believe many 80's are farming accs lapis in DD2), but as long as it has unique drops or bosses, it will stay open for all levels.
Also, I was always a supporter of goddess PvP provided it had some purpose, like an actual 31-60 map with a couple relics, maybe a dungeon of their own, not just a makeshift capped zone fixed from a random limitless zone (I.E. an intentional "glitch" like old goddess map)

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 09, 2013 11:51 am
There is nothing unique about Kimu anymore.

Capping D2 is a far smarter and less cited option than capping DD1/2 and Dino all 3 of which drop "useful" stuff that you can't get anywhere else. (lvl4 lapis do drop rarely outside of D2, but aren't exactly useful so kinda moot)

demie87

Rank 0
PostedFeb 09, 2013 12:01 pm
the only unique lapsis that drops from kimu are ele lvl 1s. where as u can farm the ele 2s in the jungle dungeon CS from dios . In my own opinion making d2 a 60 zone dungeon would not hurt the game anymore than it already is. Besides having kimu there would actually encourage goddess pvp. It would give them something to fight for and as already mentioned d2 pvp was awesome back in the day lol.