bl1ndman1

Rank 2
bl1ndman1
PostedFeb 08, 2013 2:55 am

Sign the Respect Pledge !

Step towards a better community
Hey guys,

There is a lot to be said on this topic and countless stories to attest to the fact that the community of AVA is extremely antagonistic. So many people are trolling people and calling each other out rudely with no end of insults. Arguments lasts for days and it leaves both the parties in a sour mood, which never fails to spawn more hate towards another player. This snowball effect has changed the environment of AVA to be less enjoyable for most players regardless of skill level.

Change must be made and this is my step towards a better community.

I realize there is no way to enforce this, nor is there a way to make anyone take this pledge but one must learn to crawl before learning how to run.

The idea? Simple. Copy and paste this pledge filling in your appropriate information and strive to keep acting on your personal promise. Think of it as a New Years Resolution. Hopefully the word catches on to others and more pledges are filled out!

I, [your ign], pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, [your ign], will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

Thank you for your time and consideration! Please pass the word along and / or bump this for others eyes.

Advertisement

bl1ndman1

Rank 2
bl1ndman1
PostedFeb 08, 2013 2:56 am
I, Bl1ndGun, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, Bl1ndGun. will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

CurvedScissors

Rank 5
CurvedScissors
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:04 am
Its hard to copy paste on iPad, someone do it for me D:

ramsisthe3rd

Rank 5
ramsisthe3rd
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:04 am
I, [GS] Ramsis, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, [GS] Ramsis, will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

Former Game Sage for Alliance of Valiant Arms and Soldier Front 2. Member of the AVA community for 5 years

ZiggyIsGrape

Rank 5.2
ZiggyIsGrape
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:10 am
I, [GS]Ziggy, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, [GS]Ziggy, will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

And bring justice to hackers

Devipwny

Rank 0
Devipwny
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:14 am   Last edited by Devipwny on Feb 08, 2013 3:28 am. Edited 1 time in total
I, Devlus, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, Devlus, will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

It's about time the community cares less about made-up drama and more about being remotely nice.

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
oSkOrpion
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:20 am
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

Lol, you mean 'bring just to the community'

I, Ace, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, Ace, will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

Pr3dikt0ru

Rank 4
Pr3dikt0ru
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:24 am
oSkOrpion wrote:
ZiggyIsGrape wrote:

Lol, you mean 'bring just to the community'

I, Ace, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, Ace, will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.  

I think he meant "bring hackers to justice", but sometimes these nasty words tend to jump and switch places...

shemesh.ps

Rank 0
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:30 am
I, lSuNlpS, pledge to create a positive environment for all players of the community. To make the effort to not discourage others and to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it. I, lSuNlpS, will not falter from this pledge and continue to pursue this endeavor.

sofunmate2

Rank 3
sofunmate2
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:31 am
I, evisin, pledge to sometimes create a positive environment for all players of the community. To sometimes make the effort to not discourage others and 30% of the time, to keep a positive atmosphere in all aspects of AVA, or at very least strive towards it somewhat. I might be busy. I, evisin, may or may not falter from this pledge and may or may not continue to pursue this endeavor.