Giovanna_X

GameSage: DK Online
Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 11, 2013 4:09 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
It's not the single words, but the full phrase that get traslated and 90% of the times is totally mixed without any sense.. that is what i mean as "i had to traslate the traslation"  

The point remains the same; the two words are more or less synonymous in modern parlance (even the "Dizionario Italiano-Inglese / Inglese-Italiano" renders "realm" into Italian as "regno" in more than one place), and so, unless the context of the phrase you have run through the translator clearly indicates something like "factions" or lists the names "Eos" and "Dione" along with others or the like, I regard this as a flawed translation.

Furthermore, the Lead GM for DKO has heard nothing of any plan for more than 2 "realms," while the introductory discussion of the world of Ledise in-game refers to "the four major kingdoms," (shown on the map in the same introduction in-game as the four kingdoms I named previously; viz., Ledise, Raden, Emtlant, and Cronove), and speaks of the two goddesses who created the world of Ledise (Dione and Eos).

Advertisement

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 11, 2013 4:12 pm
The four realms i found are these: Dione - Eos - Halrandeu - Gryon

What i did is just traslate each page... well i didn't, the google traslate did..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 11, 2013 4:15 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:

Shocked !!!

If this is coming to our version, it is good news indeed.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 11, 2013 10:52 pm
Giovanna_X wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:

Shocked !!!

If this is coming to our version, it is good news indeed.  

I wouldn't complain, but whose going to fill them? Even During Castle Siege PVP seems to end up one sided, and for Castle siege there is a potential of 10-20 different "Factions."

We really need 4 super guilds to make this feasible.

Taz

Aeria: Product Manager
Taz
PostedFeb 11, 2013 11:05 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:

What i did is just traslate each page... well i didn't, the google traslate did..  

I couldn't find anything like this on their website, aside from their rankings which is due to how their servers are set up (one premium, one F2P.) If you send me a PM with the link I can try and get some clarification for everyone.

-Taz

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 11, 2013 11:30 pm
Taz wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:

I couldn't find anything like this on their website, aside from their rankings which is due to how their servers are set up (one premium, one F2P.) If you send me a PM with the link I can try and get some clarification for everyone.

-Taz

Can't really say what is the link, because the flash menu don't get traslated since these are images.. i just clicked all around each link i found and i discovered this board with these 4 names, like something similar to a realm board, where each realm can open topics and post replyies..

Here is the Link of the main page traslated in english.. or what google was able to traslate.. just mess around with the flash menu at the top and you will find it. Of course, feel free to edit the post Taz if you think that is necessary to hide the link.

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 13, 2013 11:02 pm
We definitely need HP/MP Regen to be quicker.

Atm, it's 1 tick every 10 seconds. That's a very hard rate to make any kind of build utilizing it, even with pots.

The Valentine's patch really drove this home though, as the new buff adds +40 HP and MP Regen. It takes 3 Green runes of EACH to create that effect.

I'm still draining MP, even with 180 MP Regen.

Why? Because I easily use 400-500 MP every 10 seconds on average. And I am not a healer.

Suggestion: Make the tick rate 6 seconds, if the effects are going to be the same based on runes.

Otherwise, Wis is Useless, and Con is Useless, except for the sole purpose of a slight gain in HP or MP.

Antillion08

Rank 0
PostedFeb 16, 2013 4:38 am
Rekikyo wrote:
KitsuneXero wrote:
Antillion08 wrote:
I feel like this game has a lot of PvE potential a majority of casual gamers aren't into pvp as they don't have the time to dedicate to the crafting of their charecters than some of the more hardcore players. Can their be like a PvE only server I for one will probly stop playing if I can't do the things I enjoy cus someone else looking to increase their rank by farming weeker charecters or charecters they have an advantage over. This is a fun game but I instictivley don't enjoy PvP so hopefully a PvE server or create an arena for those who do enjoy PvP  

I can actually agree with the concept of a PvE server, same thing with a Role-playing server. Personally I am not a fan of PvP and believe that any "MMORPG" should hold at least a small focus on Role-playing, at least to have it's own server. I enjoy making my characters look as cool as they are, as well as giving them a back story and fitting them in with the world that has been created. This, however, is only my thought...  

Don't take this the wrong way:

I don't understand why a pve-er would want a mmo of the style that this game is, to have an enriched Role Playing Story line ....

Korean Grinders aren't designed with quality flavor text, quality quest initiating NPCs, and the quests ALL seem to be redundant: Kill 20 mobs, move to next quest, Kill 20 more mobs.

Imo Role playing was best served by console games, of license purchase games, because those games are the most willing to add quality NPC's and a story line.

You will never find a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG's focus to be PVE to the level that you wish it was. Its focus is the "Massive Multiplayer" Part. And At this time, nothing is massive about DKO, except the pvp expectations. The bosses are killable in parties of 2-3. The mobs are killable in solo.

I'd suggest some titles, but that would be against the ToS.

I also feel that if you had a purely PVE server with the game as it is, all you would do is thin out the population in a game that currently feels like a demo release (at 42 this does not feel like a full game).  

I'm not saying get rid of pvp at all or any correlation issues I'm just saying that when the game is fully released and as a casual gamer who plays a little more for the pve side nothing is more frustrating than some one coming out of nowhere and killing you and honestly some of your pvp content sounds fun I'm just hoping there will be a server without open world pvp on full release

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 16, 2013 6:48 am
Antillion08 wrote:

I'm not saying get rid of pvp at all or any correlation issues I'm just saying that when the game is fully released and as a casual gamer who plays a little more for the pve side nothing is more frustrating than some one coming out of nowhere and killing you and honestly some of your pvp content sounds fun I'm just hoping there will be a server without open world pvp on full release  

As it stands, there isn't global pvp in any shape or form NOW. But, I think we need it. Without it, Pvp will never flourish in this game, regardless of how many new "optional" events they add, simply because fear is more powerful than optional participation. And, most players of most mmo's tend to fear one thing: Losing.

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 17, 2013 12:14 am
Rekikyo wrote:
Antillion08 wrote:

As it stands, there isn't global pvp in any shape or form NOW. But, I think we need it. Without it, Pvp will never flourish in this game, regardless of how many new "optional" events they add, simply because fear is more powerful than optional participation. And, most players of most mmo's tend to fear one thing: Losing.  

The only way I will support Open World PvP is if the death penalties are removed entirely (and no other death penalties are added -- which means that all those of you who lust after free-for-all PKing in order to loot people's corpses will remain out of luck). Among other things, this would primarily be removal of the XP loss on death. Otherwise, we would just wind up with the same griefing behavior seen in far too many MMOs, which is only fun for the griefers (and tends to produce 1. a cycle of abuse and 2. loss of players/customers).

If the death penalties are removed, then I also oppose any penalties for PvP (especially a simplistic legalism masquerading as some sort of "ethical system"). Otherwise, I have mixed feelings about penalties; although I'm opposed in principle to penalties for PvP, I'm equally opposed to griefing, so yeah: death penalties <<-->> PK penalties (for those who don't get that, "<<-->>" represents "if and only if," or, to put it in a fuller translation: "If Condition A, then Condition B, and if Condition B, then Condition A").