filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 10, 2013 4:10 pm
At the moment, PvP is optional and there is no Open World PvP, so you should be safe in enjoying PvE content.
New PvP Systems will be based on Guilds, so that shouldnt cause you any problems aswell.

[EU Server] Eternal - [Website] [Forum Topic]
Advertisement

robbill923

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2013 5:40 pm
I'd actually say that the PvE content is worse than the PvP at the moment.

In level 35+ zones Questing / Daily's without a party is both very difficult and very time consuming. I personally don't want to spend 1 1/2-3 hours per Quest/Daily.

Farming gold at lvl 42 = killing lvl 30 mobs = Boring.

My 2 cents.

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 10, 2013 8:32 pm
Antillion08 wrote:
I feel like this game has a lot of PvE potential a majority of casual gamers aren't into pvp as they don't have the time to dedicate to the crafting of their charecters than some of the more hardcore players. Can their be like a PvE only server I for one will probly stop playing if I can't do the things I enjoy cus someone else looking to increase their rank by farming weeker charecters or charecters they have an advantage over. This is a fun game but I instictivley don't enjoy PvP so hopefully a PvE server or create an arena for those who do enjoy PvP  

This game is not hard. When you can level 42 in a week, there is really no excuse for what you are claiming.

You're arguing points like shaiya points: the reality is no one in DKO is invincible. 30's can kill level 42's. And linking is very random. I know 42's who refuse to link level II runes because of the failure rates.

As Flip said, atm PVE has no correlation to PVP either ....

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 10, 2013 11:01 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
MPure wrote:
also, another rvr suggestion - 3rd even 4th faction. 2 factions, one will always be better then the other.  
There is gonna be 4 realms, you know?  

While I would dearly love to see at least three factions ("realms" in the in-game jargon), I've seen no hint of a plan for four realms.

You mean the "four major kingdoms"? Ledise, Raden, Emtlant, and Cronove?

The realms are based on the two goddesses who created the world of Litos.

KitsuneXero

Rank 0
PostedFeb 10, 2013 11:25 pm
Antillion08 wrote:
I feel like this game has a lot of PvE potential a majority of casual gamers aren't into pvp as they don't have the time to dedicate to the crafting of their charecters than some of the more hardcore players. Can their be like a PvE only server I for one will probly stop playing if I can't do the things I enjoy cus someone else looking to increase their rank by farming weeker charecters or charecters they have an advantage over. This is a fun game but I instictivley don't enjoy PvP so hopefully a PvE server or create an arena for those who do enjoy PvP  

I can actually agree with the concept of a PvE server, same thing with a Role-playing server. Personally I am not a fan of PvP and believe that any "MMORPG" should hold at least a small focus on Role-playing, at least to have it's own server. I enjoy making my characters look as cool as they are, as well as giving them a back story and fitting them in with the world that has been created. This, however, is only my thought...

Rekikyo

Rank 5.1
Rekikyo
PostedFeb 11, 2013 5:52 am
KitsuneXero wrote:
Antillion08 wrote:

I can actually agree with the concept of a PvE server, same thing with a Role-playing server. Personally I am not a fan of PvP and believe that any "MMORPG" should hold at least a small focus on Role-playing, at least to have it's own server. I enjoy making my characters look as cool as they are, as well as giving them a back story and fitting them in with the world that has been created. This, however, is only my thought...  

Don't take this the wrong way:

I don't understand why a pve-er would want a mmo of the style that this game is, to have an enriched Role Playing Story line ....

Korean Grinders aren't designed with quality flavor text, quality quest initiating NPCs, and the quests ALL seem to be redundant: Kill 20 mobs, move to next quest, Kill 20 more mobs.

Imo Role playing was best served by console games, of license purchase games, because those games are the most willing to add quality NPC's and a story line.

You will never find a Massive Multiplayer Online RPG's focus to be PVE to the level that you wish it was. Its focus is the "Massive Multiplayer" Part. And At this time, nothing is massive about DKO, except the pvp expectations. The bosses are killable in parties of 2-3. The mobs are killable in solo.

I'd suggest some titles, but that would be against the ToS.

I also feel that if you had a purely PVE server with the game as it is, all you would do is thin out the population in a game that currently feels like a demo release (at 42 this does not feel like a full game).

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 11, 2013 7:30 am
Giovanna_X wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
MPure wrote:
also, another rvr suggestion - 3rd even 4th faction. 2 factions, one will always be better then the other.  

While I would dearly love to see at least three factions ("realms" in the in-game jargon), I've seen no hint of a plan for four realms.

No, i really means REALMS. That is what i discovered from the Korean Website.. there is gonna be 4 REALMS. Don't ask how, because google traslate need a traslation itself and was hard enough to understand that to me... and yes, i know that it's not a trustable source, because we have our own game, but this don't mean that we may not get something similar to them..

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

llbelavic

Rank 0
llbelavic
PostedFeb 11, 2013 8:10 am
I hope that archer class is coming soon. Until then i'm taking break from game Smile

Giovanna_X

Giovanna_X
PostedFeb 11, 2013 3:56 pm
Bryan.Fury wrote:
Giovanna_X wrote:
Bryan.Fury wrote:
MPure wrote:

No, i really means REALMS. That is what i discovered from the Korean Website.. there is gonna be 4 REALMS. Don't ask how, because google traslate need a traslation itself and was hard enough to understand that to me... and yes, i know that it's not a trustable source, because we have our own game, but this don't mean that we may not get something similar to them..  

Per un madrelingua del inglese, la parola "realm" è sinonimo della parola "kingdom". Una traduzione meccanica dal coreano in una lingua indoeuropea (particolarmente nel inglese) può comportare una o l'altra delle parole, "regno" o "reame."

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 11, 2013 3:58 pm
It's not the single words, but the full phrase that get traslated and 90% of the times is totally mixed without any sense.. that is what i mean as "i had to traslate the traslation"

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|