Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 08, 2013 6:52 am
I played a MMO that gave you a lot of exp for quests and I was max level in under two days and never played again. I like to grind not be at end game in less then a week

Advertisement

Hadas1

Rank 0
Hadas1
PostedFeb 08, 2013 8:40 am
Ievikokonoe wrote:
I played a MMO that gave you a lot of exp for quests and I was max level in under two days and never played again. I like to grind not be at end game in less then a week  

In some way i agree. It's bad when it's to easy, and hardcore player can get max lvl in few weeks. But it also bad when grinding is extremly hard, like in old days Lineage II, where you had to grind 1% for whole day after lvl 75.
I would give SB 8/10 for now, as i really like it, but here still was plenty of annoying bugs in alpha.

Nyancoro

Rank 0
Nyancoro
PostedFeb 08, 2013 9:09 am
10\10 all set. This game got everything: boobs, visuality, non-hardcore configuration or hard set of craft\alchemy\weaponry\ where you need collect thousands of items from all universe just to be sure it wont fail during craft or else.

And most important - conversation. All meaning of MMO is chat and have fun with other players. Right - HAVING FUN! Its not for grind or mastu.... oh, sry....

Anyway, If you dont like grind - find some guild and chat with others. It would be thousand times better than grind solo 24/7. At least you still will be grind, but it would be more interesting =^_^=

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedFeb 08, 2013 9:16 am
Ievikokonoe wrote:

I think you are using the wrong words. If you liked to "grind" then there is nothing stopping you from killing monsters all day even at end game. I suspect it is not the grind, but something else that you like. Possibly grouping without the need for drop drama.

liruhong7965

Rank 0
PostedFeb 08, 2013 9:18 am
It is your standard MMO, just needs to see how the cash shop is. If top items are those gachapon things, then I'm just going to avoid this.

AMVwolfy

Rank 0
AMVwolfy
PostedFeb 08, 2013 10:59 am
atm i would give it 8.5/10

I hope to give it higher score after we have got to play cbt and that Razz

spookmgg

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
spookmgg
PostedFeb 08, 2013 8:33 pm
I give the game 8/10 for the Alpha, which when u consider the messed up text and mob names is pretty darn high.

I also agree completely with Levikokonoe, I do all the quests, dungeon groups when I can, but I really don't mind grinding. It's a great time to chat with friends while killing a mob, then another and another Razz If you give me a game that takes me a year to get to max level then you have me hooked for at least a year. But if I can get to max level in a week, then your game must really be awesome for me to still be around a week after that. so don't change anything at all about your leveling system to match the so-called western players. I'm a western player who wants to play an eastern game so don't change anything that will allow faster leveling.

PoArVl

Rank 0
PoArVl
PostedFeb 09, 2013 1:34 am
6/10

The game has a good potential. But so did many others, before they was screwed by some third parties petitions about the rights of some questionable groups and pay to win game play. Along with complete ignore of the players community and lots o unfixed bugs.
So I wont get ahead of the time. Since the game has its share of issues. Like broken PvP, with all that cybercluster-like items and variety of 1-2 hit-kill skills. Imbalanced rare drop system, when one faction/guild/group can become considerably stronger then others. The story-line that literally withers as you grow in lvls , turning in to just "go kill/go gather" one sided quests. The lack of other activity from grinding questing and PvP'ing. The club is fun, but its gets boring to just see the same dance over and over again without anything more to do in there. Also, the cash shop items, if they make all items with a time limit (like a costume for a weak and then it disappears or a bag for a mouth and then its useless), I see little point in spending money on such items, those it will take away a fare share of joy of this game from me. Since I still would want a cool looking bike or bigger bug. And grinding, well there is a people that have tons of free time on their hands that love to just kill mobs for hours. But there is some who doesnt like that. So, leaving 80% of the experience bar to the grind, will, make some people to just quit the game. So leaving no more then about 30-40% of the experience bar to grinding at the end of each 9-th lvls (29, 39) would help. All who like mindless monster grinding would "scream" from joy, killing mobs for hours, and those who prefer questing and do other stuff, would just do dailies and get theirs lvls in a few days.

"I will deliver you bad luck"

lingu023

Rank 2
lingu023
PostedFeb 09, 2013 5:23 am
liruhong7965 wrote:
It is your standard MMO, just needs to see how the cash shop is. If top items are those gachapon things, then I'm just going to avoid this.  

Yea, cash shop is definitely one of those deciding factors in the long run. Still ignoring Tera EU because they decided they wanted to charge 1 retail copy per character slot. Trying to somehow make 6 times the profit of F2P than they made of the original game.

I mean, it is 160+ dollars in F2P to get what everyone else got for 5-50 dollars in the past? GameForge clearly do not want Tera to succeed and just want to make as much money as possible from people too dumb to count.

I'm hoping Scarlet Blades lives up to my expectations with MICRO-transactions. You know, those pay 5-10 dollars for something cool and feel that it was so worth the money. Instead of the pay 20-25 dollars and feel ripped off and think about which MMO to move on to for better returns.

Gazzprom

Rank 0
PostedFeb 09, 2013 1:23 pm
9.5 / 10 lol...

The game is more like 4/10 + 1 for boobs.