JamesGodden
PostedFeb 08, 2013 1:06 am
mclovin365 wrote:
evan713 wrote:
mclovin365 wrote:
7_deadly_sins_7 wrote:
fix sins!!!!!!!!!

no one plays them and ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya ya  

sins, correctly done, are awesome at pvp. people don't play them because they take brains to play them correctly.  

Sin advantages= speed taken out by swift and im sure ppl who play sins can add to that  

I play sin, not necessarily in pvp but I can see how they are disadvantaged, but I also see their advantage. stealth makes you untouchable for a short time, then you can use a powerful attack without them knowing where you are. get that strong hit off (end game Gore is probably extremely powerful) and then repeatedly stun them. I am not sure if skills with set damage are affected by absorption but if not that makes sins pretty dam powerful since stun skills have set damage.  

Gore is pointless in end game no decent rogue has it, in fact I don't think any rogue has it in 80 pvp, decent or not xD

A couple have the poison skill (mainly because poison tends to do more damage than most other rogue skills now in 80 pvp) you can repeatedly stun some people, however, those some people are the idiots. Stun Crash is set damage and does a whole 1 non crit as abs does effect it, along with Gore and BZ (another useless skill in end game)

rogues theorectical top attk power is about 7500 with very high rank, double STR Rem, perfect gear, [20]ed weapons and 12 double rec'd STR stats, (I have 6750 atk-ish) the other 3 physical atk classes can surpass 7500 easily without any double rec's or needing full STR base builds xD and 2 of those 3 have much high HP and defence

Advertisement

sparky114

Rank 4
PostedFeb 08, 2013 1:42 am
Would just like to add that rangers/sins also have one of the lowest base atk on weapons from dps characters, and as far as I can see from the enchantment scaling bonuses it is also one of the lowest for dps characters. Like mentioned earlier their speed is nothing now that swift/flash are in the game meaning other classes can attain max atk speed while only giving up 2 slots and gaining 1k+ more attack. Would also like to point out that all of their skills are POTTABLE (except lure/confusion, but they are % based and have decent amount of CD time) , back when DP wasn't pottable it was ok. Fighters get Ground shock... which isn't pottable, (idk why.. it makes no sense to me) and the CD is smaller than the actual effect time, which basically makes it spammable. Also would say ground shock unless dispelled, destroys any classes ability to fight/heal properly ( in end game its 5 lvls slower in attack speed) which imo is a ridiculous OP skill. Would like to see a sin/ranger be able to complete a chain while having Ground Shock on them..

Ranger/sin class is naturally squishy and don't have the largest hp pools, but even with the supposed "dex" advantage to help buffer that, unless you put an extraordinary amount of points into dex, which means you won't hit hard at all, you will still get hit fairly often because dex doesn't seem to work like it is supposed to and because of the fighter/war accuracy buffs.

If any class needs to get some boosts or revamps, imo I would say it would be the ranger/sin class. Everything that they are "supposed" to be good at or be advantageous at, has basically been taken away and given to other classes.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
PostedFeb 08, 2013 3:50 am
sparky114 wrote:
Would just like to add that rangers/sins also have one of the lowest base atk on weapons from dps characters, and as far as I can see from the enchantment scaling bonuses it is also one of the lowest for dps characters.  

I think a trick was missed on the rescaling.

1. It supposedly doesn't help with Magic attack from some things I've read, though pretty sure it effects my personal magic attack I'm not a pagan so i'll let them indicate there.

2. They had many ways they "could" have affected the rescaling. As an example on the 79 level weapons somethings like the below were the opportunities they had, obviously the figures would be less for low lvl and less enchanted weapons Very Happy

a. Increase the base atk of a [20]ed weapon by the same amount on ALL weapons, say 2000 increase on them all.

b. increase them in line with their visible atk, on a roughly 1:1 ratio i.e. a weapon with atk of 1500 @ 20 would really be 3000, a weapon of 2250 would become 4500.

c. increase them reversally in line with visible atk, i.e. the opposite of b. increase the 1500 one by 2250 and the 2250 one by 1500 etc.

d. (the one they picked) some randomly and arbitarily selected values that bear no relationship beyond a VERY loose relationship to the visible attack, with multiple exceptions.

The rescaling as a concept is good, and it has had a semi-desired effect, the higher atk does mean that even ISed high Rec toons can be killed. It also gave a good boost to Archer/Hunter, which as a class they imo needed (though that is also attributed to the bizarre way the new IS/PS etc work too). Unfortunately it also helped out the 2 classes least in need of the help imo Very Happy

Vejeku

Rank 0
PostedFeb 08, 2013 7:06 am
well i hit 80 a few days ago on UM mage and... i did pvp for 2-3 days, guess what, already made a fig last night. Mage are just 2 weak compared to the other class's makes me not wanna play shaiya at all, i've never played a game where the pvp was so unbalanced as in shaiya, i hit ppl 3-5k they hit me 10-15(3 times in 1 second) which makes it... pretty much non-playable for mage Smile

MITSUNARI44

Rank 1
MITSUNARI44
PostedFeb 08, 2013 8:34 am
With all my Respect to Sins/Rogues this Post was Made about Magic Attak and how it Should be treated .. Confused

U say Sins/Rogues Can't Compete With Warriors/Fighters in PvP ? Thats a problem ye, but Guess what ? Mages/Pagans can't Compete With Anything !!! Rolling Eyes

Shaiya has Made Casters Literally a Non Playable Class at EndGame [ no idea about 1-15 or Canta cause never played a Pag there ] ... Confused

Its Time to Do Something about this , and pls No more " We Will discuss " Casters Been Asking for Changes for Years !! if u Gona do Something tell Us about it !! and Make a DATE when its gona happen , if ur Not Gona do anything tell us about it too, either way Suite Us ...

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedFeb 08, 2013 10:50 am
They have been spending over a year on "Class Balancing", its one of the things that is really really needed in this game and they are refusing to fix it. Shaiya as a PvP game doesn't work properly when its just a few classes in PvP, its just a massive attack of the clones, i.e. fighters/wars.

Unfortunately knowing the games track record of getting things that we actually need done in the game this will probably never happen. So you may as well join one of the OP'ed classes because they don't seem to realise that they will get more customers playing the game if all classes are an option and probably make more money as well because more gear is needed for that class.

ChildOfTheArbat

Rank 1
ChildOfTheArbat
PostedFeb 08, 2013 11:03 am
Tiny_T. wrote:
...because they don't seem to realise that they will get more customers playing the game...  
What they DO realize is that more customers means more money for... Nexon. A rival company that payed a fortune for acquiring Shaiya rights and that snatches 60% or even 70% of the money AGE milks form AP buyers. By the way doesn't AGE distributive rights end this year?

Did you know your messy death would be a record-breaker?

filtereyeblind

Rank 2
filtereyeblind
PostedFeb 08, 2013 11:14 am
Kmon sins/rangers don't need more power, they have unique advantages. Fighters/Wars specialty is power it's what you expect.

I agree with Legacy though with new gear and arcane protector it's a poke fest. I see the advantages to Magic Classes but definitly more challenging to play.

BTW I enjoy poking you Legacy Wink.

Tiny_T.

Rank 3
Tiny_T.
PostedFeb 08, 2013 11:15 am
ChildOfTheArbat wrote:
Tiny_T. wrote:
...because they don't seem to realise that they will get more customers playing the game...  
What they DO realize is that more customers means more money for... Nexon. A rival company that payed a fortune for acquiring Shaiya rights and that snatches 60% or even 70% of the money AGE milks form AP buyers. By the way doesn't AGE distributive rights end this year?  

I don't think it works that way, I believe that AGE purchase the rights from Nexon to publish the game for a certain amount of time and Nexon only gets the what AGE pay upfront for it. It could be ending soon but I doubt it, the game is not dead yet and there are still quite a few people buying AP. They won't want to stop this game until it is no longer bringing in a good amount of money and from what I see compared to other games this one brings in a LOT more then them.

7_deadly_sins_7

Rank 4
7_deadly_sins_7
PostedFeb 08, 2013 11:53 am
filtereyeblind wrote:
Kmon sins/rangers don't need more power, they have unique advantages. Fighters/Wars specialty is power it's what you expect.

I agree with Legacy though with new gear and arcane protector it's a poke fest. I see the advantages to Magic Classes but definitly more challenging to play.

BTW I enjoy poking you Legacy Wink.  

and all the advantages that sins/rangers get are in forms for other classes by lapis......

move faster ---> sonics
attack faster ----> flash/swift
stun ---> pain 6/7
dark panic ----> blindside
phantom assault ---> slumber
halt kick ---> silence