921siegelbird93

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2013 12:07 pm

garbage servers

see my FPS in the corner? im in minimum spec mode.

first off i think i hold the record of lowest FPS. during this last RvR my fps dropped to .38 at one point. not even 1 fps.

so good job to you AGE you guys are doin great with ur thousands of dollars but u make a game with a server older then 5 years. just plain stupid. its like buying a car thats 100 years old and continuing to "fix" it. i think its time to get new servers cuz this is just garbage. but no go ahead and keep playing with ur thousands of dollars u get per day and claim that devs are "fixing" the server. ya i bet. think about the players for once would u?
Advertisement

filipvarga

GameSage: DK Online
filipvarga
PostedFeb 07, 2013 12:14 pm
FPS is not Server-sided.
The Developers are working on optimizing the game to improve FPS.

Music270

Rank 0
PostedFeb 07, 2013 12:16 pm
Well...usually im not the kind of person who complain, but i have to agree the lag was horrible during RvR and it killed all the fun.

GMLeo

GameMaster: USA
GMLeo
PostedFeb 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Re: garbage servers

Hey there siegel, thanks for the feedback on this. We're working with the developers of the game to help optimize the coding to improve the FPS issues. I do want to address a couple of things from your post so that maybe we can understand each other better Smile
921siegelbird93 wrote:
so good job to you AGE you guys are doin great with ur thousands of dollars but u make a game with a server older then 5 years. just plain stupid. its like buying a car thats 100 years old and continuing to "fix" it.  

Aeria is a publisher. We work with developers, who create, update, and fix errors in the game. What we do is market the game to players, provide customer support, and work with players to see what direction the game should go next. Unfortunately, the developer owns the rights to the "code" of the game, and we cannot simply change things without their consent. It's the same reason the company that publishes your favorite books can't go in and change chapters around; the author owns the rights to modify the content Wink
921siegelbird93 wrote:
i think its time to get new servers cuz this is just garbage. but no go ahead and keep playing with ur thousands of dollars u get per day and claim that devs are "fixing" the server. ya i bet. think about the players for once would u?  

We actually haven't released commercially yet, so as it stands players cannot spend any AP on the game. Also, the lag you are experiencing is actually not related to the servers, but has to do with how your computer processes and renders all the objects on your screen.

If it was server related lag, players would still be able to move around but the actions taken would not be recorded right away. Things like delays on monsters taking damage or "rubberbanding" while moving would occur, but the FPS would (for the most part) not really be affected.

Here's a good article on the differences between server lag and graphics lag -

http://www.virtualworldlets.net/Resources/Hosted/Resource.php?Name=FPS-Lag

I hope this helps ease your frustration a bit, and I again I appreciate you voicing your concerns to us Smile

New siggy to come soon!

Bryan.Fury

Rank 3
Bryan.Fury
PostedFeb 07, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: garbage servers

GMLeo wrote:
Here's a good article on the differences between server lag and graphics lag -

http://www.virtualworldlets.net/Resources/Hosted/Resource.php?Name=FPS-Lag

Specificatelly here on DK game we need a new article: one that speak about FPS and uncorrectly coded game engine, that don't use the graphic card hardware but instead move all the work on the CPU Wink

Don't you think Leo? Rolling Eyes

BryanFury - Leader |Site|Forum|

fedefo123

Rank 0
fedefo123
PostedFeb 07, 2013 1:57 pm
There are many posts about this issue... at this point, it should be known that is not about the machine and that the lag experience is actually RELATED to the game at least in a big part, but seems devs have no clue. There was always low FPS, since Closed Beta in all kind of computers, huge machines. In my case, is the first Aeria game in which I experiment FPS problems (I have played Shaiya, GrandFantasia and LC and runs like silk). I'm planning to stop play DK only for this issue until at least officialy launch and then try again.

coitus14

Rank 0
coitus14
PostedFeb 07, 2013 5:34 pm
Never had problems with the FPS during any event or whatnot. During RvR I have 50 to 60 FPS. Castle Siege worst FPS I got was 40. Using Intel i5 NVidia 660ti and on my other computer I'm using Core2Duo Nvidia 9800gt not having any FPS problems too. Try updating your video card drivers it helps alot. Also if your computer is like 4 years old or more do not try putting your settings on maximum.

KaOs2983

Rank 0
KaOs2983
PostedFeb 07, 2013 5:42 pm
Not having any FPS problems either i get a steady 50 FPS in RVR i think it might be time to upgrade your pc x.x

Liendra 42 shadowmage DKO Liendra 27 Punisher SB Hopscotch 52 Gun/wiz AK

pollux88

Rank 0
pollux88
PostedFeb 07, 2013 5:51 pm
yeah, i never get less than 30 fps either.

fedefo123

Rank 0
fedefo123
PostedFeb 07, 2013 8:30 pm
They improved the engine or whatever in the last update. I noticed a slight improvement in my game but still I don't see enought. They said they are working on this issue for futures updates.

January 2013

01-31-13

Bug Fixes
Game Optimization to improve FPS
**This is meant to be a small improvement to the FPS issues and in no way completely fixes the issue. We are still working on a long term fix that will take a couple months to develop.

http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=1808869