A.J.HellBunny

Rank 0
A.J.HellBunny
PostedMay 09, 2013 12:20 pm
I really miss domo too just like everyone else I've tried playing other games and its just not the same!!!!

I loved the fact I could do all jobs on one character and the costumes and pets and the community most of all!!!

I really do wish they would bring it back even if I had to start from scratch again, I would!

Sayuri~Hime Onyx Server
Advertisement

soysauce2rice

Rank 0
soysauce2rice
PostedMay 11, 2013 7:14 pm
Domo's great. All classes were interesting and stood out their "feature" especially when in teams. I have to admit though, level grinding was quite boring. Still, AoE teams made that a bit easier. Some people would duo, and tbh if I found more partners I would've leveled quicker. But that's just the community; and despite what felt like slow leveling, people still eventually came back. One thing I did love about the gameplay though was Alchemy. Alchemy made gearing a lot easier, and it's usually obtainable at your level.

What made Domo great was that it's a very casual game. I know a couple people who just chat with their friends more often than leveling. I always had Domo up just sitting on the side while I do other things like watch a movie on my comp. Aeria made it even more awesome by allowing players to keep 2 windows, so long as neither are doing the same thing.

It got even better when everyone found out that costumes are permanent and tradeable, even after equip. Not only that, but costumes weren't outrageously expensive where it feels like it would take an arm and a leg just to obtain one. Most costumes weren't even in the millions, and some were very cheap at about 250k tops. I manage to get my costume very early, and I was just leveling and selling mob drop items.

The only problem was just content. There were basically no updates at some point. I personally didn't feel bothered by it because if I got bored of Domo, I know I'll eventually come back. I don't know why either but I just do. I haven't really befriended people on other games compared to Domo. Some people I met really help out or I can help them, so we start to become good friends.

I do like Domo for the game itself, but not alone. I like the community too. People can pretty much gear you up to 40 no problem. Aoe teams existed considerably often. Prices weren't insane. Usually people who helped me are people I can rely on, and that goes pretty far.

RIP DOMO :(

iDerz

Rank 3
iDerz
PostedMay 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Guess I'm the only one who doesn't miss the game Razz

Kiatei

Rank 2
Kiatei
PostedMay 15, 2013 9:25 am
I miss the game itself, at this point not so much the players as just the uniqueness of the game. I wish I could play it as a stand alone client, with every single item obtainable in stores for gold. A lot of the reason I didn't farm was because I couldn't find what I wanted to buy for sale so it didn't matter. I could see myself spending more time on a standalone DoMO leveling farming and upgrading gear than I would play on a massive game like Skyrim.

Think about the time it would take, to gather materials, make all your gear from scratch, farm the money for the upgrade materials from npcs to be able to solo those lair bosses to unlock your level caps. Sure elder quests would be different with no guild, a personal fame thing, which could be used to unlock things. The game would be so epic as a standalone. Best make sure you get backup copies of your save files, could take years to redo what you lose.

As for the game coming back, there came a point where Aeria quit caring about the game. They didn't want to keep hosting it, nor will ever want to bring it back. It was set in stone, and I knew in advance what time the game was closing, yet hoped otherwise. I wish they had renewed for one more year. And where the eff was that server merge that would have given us that year?

This is Aeria games though, they don't care about the players, they care about their income. Aeria needs to show us otherwise that they still have a heart.

Jiveswag

Rank 0
PostedMay 17, 2013 1:11 pm
Ohh hi there Alice funny seeing you here.. I too miss playing this game which is why i looking it up on google to see if there was a Private server around or someone else planning to host this but then i came along this Forums post it would be nice to bring domo back since it has some interesting features you cant get from many other games

But apparently Aeria decided to Block my old accounts and telling me i violated terms of service weird..

Ric/Remix~

minuzaki

Rank 4
PostedMay 17, 2013 4:24 pm
Jiveswag wrote:

Aeria decided to Block my old accounts and telling me i violated terms of service weird..

Ric/Remix~  

Terms of Service wrote:
Your User ID may be deactivated if you do not use it within six months after the date that it was created or for any continuous period of six months after creation. If you do not use your User ID for six or more months, it may be removed and deleted by the Website administrator at their sole discretion. We will use reasonable efforts to notify you by e-mail before we delete your User ID.  
Sounds like this may be your problem if you truly feel like you did nothing wrong. And even so, you may send in an appeal here.

has moved to aeriagames.com/user/Ayvii

salmun

Rank 0
salmun
PostedMay 19, 2013 3:43 am
Woodrows comments regarding the domo interface are so true. For me personally, I always appreciated the way domo gave us the option to point and click to move around, or to use wasd keys if we prefer. I liked to point and click because it meant i could type and chat without having to press enter first. It just felt more free like that.
All other mmos force me to press enter first and then type to chat, which i find annoying and intrusive to the gameplay.
I'm sure most people preferred the wasd method though...

<a> photo kilowog-1.jpg</a>

geo152

Rank 0
geo152
PostedMay 21, 2013 9:48 pm
I miss the game also, but if it means starting over I don't know if I could do it.

sushieaselove

Rank 0
PostedMay 22, 2013 7:45 pm

Isn't there anything we can do?

I miss this game so much, i spent good 3-4 years into it. i dont even mind starting over.
Game master please if there is anyway we can help to bring it back, tell us Sad

Mythyc

Rank 5
Mythyc
PostedMay 22, 2013 11:15 pm
I haven't been to these forums in a long time...

But I return now to say I too, miss DoMO. Proof: I had to google DoMO to see if maybe it was coming back. Silly me...

But alas, it's not. Maybe one day another developer somewhere in the world will create a bigger and better "DoMOesque" game for me to return to. But for the time being, I satisfy myself by listening to the soundtracks of all the maps to which I grinded to for god knows how many hours back in the day...ah the nostalgia Sad

EDIT: Lol my sig is so old XD