tswamp

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 3:18 am

battle ground

suggestion
I've been playing this game for a couple of months and I've noticed how unfair the battlegrounds can be. I've read alot of the forums on this same subject. And I understand
it's a game. But I've noticed alot of the smaller players in the battle grounds just sit in the start area cause the bigger players gang up on them cause we are easy kills. They won't attack a player the same size or bigger then them cause they might lose. The thing is I don't care if I die, but obsessively get killed by the same player 20 lvl's above me it's just not right. Y cause they can kill me with 1 hit. So what's the point of me even trying. So my suggestion is Maybe have them lose honor. Because there is nothing honorable about killing a player 20 lvl's below you obsessively cause it's quick and easy.
Advertisement

silent.bob004

Rank 0
silent.bob004
PostedFeb 06, 2013 5:51 am
I agree, it can be frustrating but on other hand if you think more about strategy in battleground, you should work as team so stronger players should cover others or use them for luring. Also you can use sneaky tactic and try to avoid these high level players. So i can say it is all about cooperation of teammates.
Hunt or be hunted Smile

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedFeb 06, 2013 6:25 am
Things will go smoother when the patch 1.50 hits our server. Battleground will be changed into tiers of 10 levels diference, things will be a lot more fair to players.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 06, 2013 8:09 am
It's broken right now, no doubt. There are a lot of dirty things going on in BG and it's one of the reasons I don't do it anymore, and many others have done the same. I would say it's sadly going both ways right now, as you have bullies on one hand and low levels building up dryads to take 400 honor off people on the other hand.. and they're not all targeting bullies, they're also going after those people who DON'T pick on lower levels just because they can.. either way I'd say it's a broken system that's being exploited by the majority right now and I think it's lame, thus the reason I walked away. All I can tell you is that there are some high levels trying to look out for the little guys right now if they see them being bullied, and to look for those people.. if a high lvl is singling you out or just not giving the little guys a chance (make sure it is that, if you ask someone to intervene because a higher lvl killed you a couple times, they may not want to help you in the future), see if someone on your team will help you with that person.

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:51 am

Re: battle ground

suggestion
tswamp wrote:
I've been playing this game for a couple of months and I've noticed how unfair the battlegrounds can be. I've read alot of the forums on this same subject. And I understand
it's a game. But I've noticed alot of the smaller players in the battle grounds just sit in the start area cause the bigger players gang up on them cause we are easy kills. They won't attack a player the same size or bigger then them cause they might lose. The thing is I don't care if I die, but obsessively get killed by the same player 20 lvl's above me it's just not right. Y cause they can kill me with 1 hit. So what's the point of me even trying. So my suggestion is Maybe have them lose honor. Because there is nothing honorable about killing a player 20 lvl's below you obsessively cause it's quick and easy.  

I fully agree here
And yah with the 1.50 patch will help but wont stop
lvl 49 from farming 40/41 so nothing will change

So yah i'm all for a penalty for it.
Would say a 5 lvl gap would fix both before and after the patch
Instead of gaining honor for the kill
would get nothing and lose a consecutive increments for repeat attacks.

I know we got this druid (or what ever it is) buff but that doesnt stop the bs lvl gap farming kills in battlefield.
There has already been a auto kick in place that pretty much forces low lvls into the slaughter zone of these players.
Kinda encouraging this sort of harassing behavior.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 06, 2013 11:25 am
1.50 will deal with this.

After this is implemented I would not agree with a penalty for hitting lower level players for various reasons:
1 - the game allows us to hit people 10 +/- levels in wilds when plundering, why should bg be any different?
2 - bg does not guarantee that there will be someone within 5-levels of you on the other side. It is very possible to have all players on one side being within the lower 5 levels of the tier or have high levels who are afk for whatever reason... who does the higher level in that tier fight?
3 - until you hit the person, unless you know them, you have no way of knowing what level they are. This will be a bigger issue with cross-server battlegrounds, which is what is coming, since you cannot know the level of every player on every possible server that might be involved.
4 - there are only 15 people max on each side anyway, the number of targets isn't that many, especially when bg isnt full or if people are afk, such penalties become too restrictive.

It is only natural that people go for those they know they can beat. The aim of bg is to gain honor to unlock higher ranks and medals. Higher ranked people lose honor for losses, so hitting someone you can't beat is unproductive. Also a lot of people (myself included) will avoid guildies where possible, whether they are high or low level, as I feel even though bg is a non-guild affair I would rather my guildies benefit from bg and grow rather than me being the one that hampers their growth. If i wanted a challenge fight, to test my strength I can do that in arena or even pk in guild chamber or in wilds for a live fight, to me bg is not for that.

One possible solution is that once you attack someone and win 5 consecutive times you are barred from hitting them for the remainder of the battle or for a fixed time, this would prevent bullying - but this is hard to implement and I don't expect anything forth coming regarding implementation.

silent.bob004

Rank 0
silent.bob004
PostedFeb 06, 2013 11:35 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:

After this is implemented I would not agree with a penalty for hitting lower level players for various reasons:
1 - the game allows us to hit people 10 +/- levels in wilds when plundering, why should bg be any different?
2 - bg does not guarantee that there will be someone within 5-levels of you on the other side. It is very possible to have all players on one side being within the lower 5 levels of the tier or have high levels who are afk for whatever reason... who does the higher level in that tier fight?
3 - until you hit the person, unless you know them, you have no way of knowing what level they are. This will be a bigger issue with cross-server battlegrounds, which is what is coming, since you cannot know the level of every player on every possible server that might be involved.
4 - there are only 15 people max on each side anyway, the number of targets isn't that many, especially when bg isnt full or if people are afk, such penalties become too restrictive.

It is only natural that people go for those they know they can beat. The aim of bg is to gain honor to unlock higher ranks and medals. Higher ranked people lose honor for losses, so hitting someone you can't beat is unproductive. Also a lot of people (myself included) will avoid guildies where possible, whether they are high or low level, as I feel even though bg is a non-guild affair I would rather my guildies benefit from bg and grow rather than me being the one that hampers their growth. If i wanted a challenge fight, to test my strength I can do that in arena or even pk in guild chamber or in wilds for a live fight, to me bg is not for that.

One possible solution is that once you attack someone and win 5 consecutive times you are barred from hitting them for the remainder of the battle or for a fixed time, this would prevent bullying - but this is hard to implement and I don't expect anything forth coming regarding implementation.  

Very true!

ToBeFeared

Rank 4
ToBeFeared
PostedFeb 06, 2013 1:57 pm
silent.bob004 wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:

Very true!  

Not fully true.

-In the Wilds, the game does not allow you to hit anyone more then 10 levels bellow you.

-In the BattleGrounds, you can still see what lvl everyone on the opposite side is. On the far right under your star points and overall points, you can open a window where it shows participants from both sides, the opposite side participants names being highlighted in red. You can click on each one and fully view their stats. Granted, it is time consuming and once the battle begins, those names move around and you lose track of whom you have inspected and whom you haven't.

Battlegrounds and Wilds is different. In the Wilds, honor is not affected and the reward is not insignia, only gold and any other bonuses received from being a VIP member. You are also only limited to only 5 plunder attempts in the Wilds, while in Battlegrounds you are only limited by the duration of battle grounds or the speed of the wining side assuming they achieve the needed amount of points before time runs out.

What I would like to see is the possibility to kick someone from battle grounds if they are inactive/afk. Until now, some people had no choice but be inactive do to the great lvl difference in the participants. After 1.5, they will not have that excuse anymore, only their lack of ability to PvP.

Love what you do and do what you love.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 06, 2013 2:53 pm
ToBeFeared wrote:

Not fully true.

-In the Wilds, the game does not allow you to hit anyone more then 10 levels bellow you.  

I already said this, you can plunder people +/- 10 levels in wild so when new bg comes out this shouldn't be any different, and should not be limited more.

-In the BattleGrounds, you can still see what lvl everyone on the opposite side is. On the far right under your star points and overall points, you can open a window where it shows participants from both sides, the opposite side participants names being highlighted in red. You can click on each one and fully view their stats. Granted, it is time consuming and once the battle begins, those names move around and you lose track of whom you have inspected and whom you haven't.  

this turns the game more into a chore

Battlegrounds and Wilds is different. In the Wilds, honor is not affected and the reward is not insignia, only gold and any other bonuses received from being a VIP member. You are also only limited to only 5 plunder attempts in the Wilds, while in Battlegrounds you are only limited by the duration of battle grounds or the speed of the wining side assuming they achieve the needed amount of points before time runs out.  

you have a larger number of targets in the wilds than in bg, also in this game, although easy to come by gold is quite valuable, everything we do requires it so loss of gold is a true loss

What I would like to see is the possibility to kick someone from battle grounds if they are inactive/afk. Until now, some people had no choice but be inactive do to the great lvl difference in the participants. After 1.5, they will not have that excuse anymore, only their lack of ability to PvP.  

whislt i understand wanting the power to kick, this is also open to misuse. I just wish that the idle atuo-boot really worked, because currently it doesnt

GoodNameTaken

Rank 2
PostedFeb 06, 2013 3:08 pm
RollaR_50248 wrote:
ToBeFeared wrote:

Not fully true.

I already said this, you can plunder people +/- 10 levels in wild so when new bg comes out this shouldn't be any different, and should not be limited more.

this turns the game more into a chore

you have a larger number of targets in the wilds than in bg, also in this game, although easy to come by gold is quite valuable, everything we do requires it so loss of gold is a true loss

whislt i understand wanting the power to kick, this is also open to misuse. I just wish that the idle atuo-boot really worked, because currently it doesnt  

yes we all agree the lvl limits of wild however yoru trying to compare apples to lead pipes
The rewards from bg vastly differ and effect the game more then the handful of gold and few kyn u get from wilds.

As far as a chore lol spoken by someone who fully does what being discussed.

You are given what 3-5 minutes (BG is usually way to late for me to do but 1 day a week) of wait before the match even begins. Am quite sure everyone checks who they vs. and got more then enough time to check out the opponents before things start moving.

can pretty much bet the farm when in BG you NEVER challange anyone your level, u single out those many many many levels below you. Cause you dont want COMPETITION.