Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 06, 2013 7:48 am   Last edited by Killa_1112 on Feb 06, 2013 8:42 am. Edited 1 time in total
A5

Read this post for the reasoning.

Im torn on this after seeing both sides of the coin, my morals say abolish it but logic dictates it is now a necessity.

On the one hand, we know it can be done, however taking what i saw on gaia about 1 year after the agreement, people became nigh unstoppable, people with [20] on their armour will not die, if this is a no noss agreement i would suggest that

1) KOs be kept

OR

2) Only defensive nosses are abolished.

The reason being when everyone has [20] on everything thats 100 abs on evey peice of armor.

500 abs + 100 (for melee classes with a shield)

Add to this the HP lapis that many will have linked and when you take out 500-600 damage people simply don't drop, especially the ratio nubs. The attack power at that level simply does not exists. It turns out you NEED the extra attack for pvp simply to exists at that level.

Its for this reason i would suggest not abolishing all noss and rather focus on keeping a few crucial key ones. Or you will find pvp stagnates very quickly when nobody dies.

I would still allow KO and one or 2 minor offensive nosses while abolishing all defensive nosses. Otherwise the ubers will simply not die. Ask anyone on gaia before the server merge. Extra attack power is needed at that level for back and fourth pvp to exist.

Just my 2 cents.

I Guess by using this logic i would have to vote for keeping noss simply because abolishing it all would do much more harm than good (this coming from a vivid anti noss activist) but that is what Aeria has done.

- Courtesy of the Great Avyn
Advertisement

mekteh50

Rank 3
mekteh50
PostedFeb 06, 2013 8:21 am
A6

im oke which ever is xD
no matter how many votes u put it up still its up to the player itself to noss or no..too me this post is pretty useless since this topic been a nice pvp forum thingy but the zone doesnt change.

/waiting for result Very Happy

corky420

Rank 2
corky420
PostedFeb 06, 2013 8:40 am
mclovin365 wrote:
A4 because nos alone is not a problem, high enchants is the problem. lower enchant effects and suddenly nos is not a problem at all.  

11 REALLY!? Is usually those people with maxed gear doing the nossing. Lets try a lil self control if you get beat with what u have be a grown person about it and try again instead of running for noss to make up for your self projects short falls

TwekTwek

Rank 1
TwekTwek
PostedFeb 06, 2013 8:47 am   Last edited by TwekTwek on Feb 06, 2013 8:48 am. Edited 1 time in total
Killa_1112 wrote:
A5

Im torn on this after seeing both sides of the coin, my morals say abolish it but logic dictates it is now a necessity.

On the one hand, we know it can be done, however taking what i saw on gaia about 1 year after the agreement, people became nigh unstoppable, people with [20] on their armour will not die, if this is a no noss agreement i would suggest that

1) KOs be kept

OR

The reason being when everyone has [20] on everything thats 100 abs on evey peice of armor.

Add to this the HP lapis that many will have linked and when you take out 500-600 damage people simply don't drop, especially the ratio nubs. The attack power at that level simply does not exists. It turns out you NEED the extra attack for pvp simply to exists at that level.

Its for this reason i would suggest not abolishing all noss and rather focus on keeping a few crucial key ones. Or you will find pvp stagnates very quickly when nobody dies.

I would still allow KO and one or 2 minor offensive nosses while abolishing all defensive nosses. Otherwise the ubers will simply not die. Ask anyone on gaia before the server merge. Extra attack power is needed at that level for back and fourth pvp to exist.

Just my 2 cents.

I Guess by using this logic i would have to vote for keeping noss simply because abolishing it all would do much more harm than good (this coming from a vivid anti noss activist) but that is what Aeria has done.  

Fyi not all of us in 15 are full worship, not all of us have a dread or herioc piece and finally not all of us are [20] I can assure u its not a whole lot of fun when a maxed out player is nossing and going after the easy kills. Maxed out ppl wont die regardless of noss being allowed or not, in my opinion, or they'll die very hard and the other side wont even bother with them. I dont mind nossing, but ppl dont know how too use it, so I'll say 12

9qwerr

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 8:48 am

No Noss!

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 06, 2013 8:53 am
TwekTwek wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
A5

1) KOs be kept

OR

Just my 2 cents.

Fyi not all of us in 15 are full worship, not all of us have a dread or herioc piece and finally not all of us are [20] I can assure u its not a whole lot of fun when a maxed out player is nossing and going after the easy kills. Maxed out ppl wont die regardless of noss being allowed or not, in my opinion, or they'll die very hard and the other side wont even bother with them. I dont mind nossing, but ppl dont know how too use it, so I'll say 12  
The question everyone must ask is "what if the alternative is worse" You will nerf ubers a little, yes, but those that ARE in heroics worships dreads ect ect will still carve through you, its about them dying more, not you dying less, it needs to be, kills are kills. I saw and experienced this firsthand on gaia, i went in with a [16] wep [7] on my worship armor and was still completely ripped apart by ubers that were not nossed.

As i say its a matter of attack damage, you need the extra power there or the immortals will still be immortal.

But its up to you, i'm just throwing that out there, i don't play anymore so i can't really have a say.

corky420

Rank 2
corky420
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:00 am
12. Rems ic only

TwekTwek

Rank 1
TwekTwek
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:03 am
Killa_1112 wrote:
TwekTwek wrote:
Killa_1112 wrote:
A5

1) KOs be kept

OR

Just my 2 cents.

The question everyone must ask is "what if the alternative is worse" You will nerf ubers a little, yes, but those that ARE in heroics worships dreads ect ect will still carve through you, its about them dying more, not you dying less, it needs to be, kills are kills. I saw and experienced this firsthand on gaia, i went in with a [16] wep [7] on my worship armor and was still completely ripped apart by ubers that were not nossed.

As i say its a matter of attack damage, you need the extra power there or the immortals will still be immortal.

But its up to you, i'm just throwing that out there, i don't play anymore so i can't really have a say.  

But the problem is that they wont die, coz the ubers on noss wont focus on the ubers on the other side, they will go for the easy kill, I see what ure saying, but thats just not how it works in there anymore, ppl are more interested in getting as many kills as possible, they dont care for the challange of going after an uber that will take work too take down, obviously this is not the case all the time, but still see the misuse of nossing causing lots of problems in the zone. Maybe u should come and check it out for ureself:)
Edit: ok maybe this is not the place for all of this as the op wanted too keep it strictly too voting, srry about that:)

Killa_1112

Rank 5.1
Killa_1112
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:08 am
TwekTwek wrote:

But the problem is that they wont die, coz the ubers on noss wont focus on the ubers on the other side, they will go for the easy kill, I see what ure saying, but thats just not how it works in there anymore, ppl are more interested in getting as many kills as possible, they dont care for the challange of going after an uber that will take work too take down, obviously this is not the case all the time, but still see the misuse of nossing causing lots of problems in the zone. Maybe u should come and check it out for ureself:)
Edit: ok maybe this is not the place for all of this as the op wanted too keep it strictly too voting, srry about that:)  
I know how it is, i have seen pvp in both ways, in fact a long time ago i was a 1-15 pvper before i was a canta pvper. Like i say its up to you, and true, i don't have any new basis, i don;t know what merged 1-15 is like, i am basing this on what i know from my experiences at the start of ep4 and the no noss gaia zone.

Do as you like, but just remember that it is possible that not all of the effects of this may be positive.

Il stop now and let people vote.

Psychichampster

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:21 am
Bottom line is AGE will not do anything to balance PvP. They like getting that one stray person once ever six months that is willing to drop the 10K needed to compete in PvP the others are of no concern.

If you want "REAL" PvP you best go find another game, were PvP is based on skill not how much of Mommy's and Daddy's money you have spent. When it takes as much money as to buy a good used car to compete in PvP 99.9% of the people will just move on. This is AGE's business model, always has been , always will be. If it don't make AGE money they could care less.

And before the fanboyz and gurlz come in with "But they gotta make money or they shut the server down" BS. Shaiya is the biggest F2P (Fleece to Play) game ever and you know it. No other game out there comes close to the amount of cash need to compete in the game. Unless your willing to play decades to accumulate what the wallet warriors get from day one.

So Asking for balance in PvP is like asking someone to shut the barn door after the cows are already out.

My Vote to the OP is EPIC FAIL !!!!!!!