ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedFeb 05, 2013 5:42 pm

PWL/PAL

Since my question got ignored and post deleted and locked :P
Well asked Render before, when he said PWL/PAL is something AGE can't do anything about.

Here is my question once again!!!! (P.S Love you Render <3)

The 70 AP sets we had doing episode 5, was never intended to be in the game,.
But got made doing a request AGE send to Nexon, since we refused to let ROTCO gear go into Tiers (witch it sadly did later).

So my question is as following, why can AGE make Nexon make them special based AP gears?.
But not fix a serious problem as PWL/PAL?

I would really like a serious reply from a PM since my last question got deleted.
And don't worry I can keep repost if that's what it take <3

Advertisement

Oberox

Rank 0
Oberox
PostedFeb 05, 2013 5:47 pm
tracking! :p

Daniela1718

Rank 3
Daniela1718
PostedFeb 05, 2013 6:54 pm
bump xD

sexymarcus69

Rank 3
sexymarcus69
PostedFeb 05, 2013 7:33 pm
thats cuz there IS no problem with PAL/PWL....just dont trade with f-tards lol...

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
PostedFeb 05, 2013 7:40 pm
sexymarcus69 wrote:
thats cuz there IS no problem with PAL/PWL....just dont trade with f-tards lol...  

Making them tradble will increase sales, since alot buy tiers for buy resell.
And I am just curies about what their response is going to be Very Happy

MasterExplodr

Rank 3
MasterExplodr
PostedFeb 05, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: PWL/PAL

Since my question got ignored and post deleted and locked :P
ChainedOne wrote:
Well asked Render before, when he said PWL/PAL is something AGE can't do anything about.

Here is my question once again!!!! (P.S Love you Render <3)

The 70 AP sets we had doing episode 5, was never intended to be in the game,.
But got made doing a request AGE send to Nexon, since we refused to let ROTCO gear go into Tiers (witch it sadly did later).

So my question is as following, why can AGE make Nexon make them special based AP gears?.
But not fix a serious problem as PWL/PAL?

I would really like a serious reply from a PM since my last question got deleted.
And don't worry I can keep repost if that's what it take <3  

Because making changes to game code takes time. AGE tells Nexon "Hey, here's what we want to change and why." Nexon then looks at the proposal, determines if it's possible, determines what priority level it should take, looks at the other versions of Shaiya it produces for other publishers/regions, determines if changes to our version will impact those versions, decides if the change will be beneficial, decides if it will be something worth spending resources on, etc etc. If all this works out in favor of getting it done, then it has to actually be done, a patch created, tested, sent out to AGE, then eventually the change gets made to our client.

So imagine how many meetings, starting with the GM team sharing our concerns with the PM team, who then draft a proposal, approve it, forward it to Nexon, who then has their own series of meetings evaluating all the factors listed above, then the actual programmers making the changes, etc and you can see why the process can take so long. Remember, too, that this is not a game-breaking glitch; this is an issue of dissatisfaction with an otherwise functioning product. When there are other serious issues, like vanishing OPs, "fixes" to correctly functioning products, even when they do not fit the desires of the players must necessarily take a lower priority.

Yes, the AP gear was a change AGE requested, and it got done. I am certain, though, that it was not an overnight or even couple of months process. In that case, Nexon decided it was sufficiently beneficial to create these gears for ShaiyaEN. The developers may, when it comes down to it, decide that this little change may not provide benefit sufficient to justify the cost. In that case, it is the developer that refused your request, not the GMs.

At this point, though, the GM/PM team has stated that they are aware of the issue and are discussing a possible course of action both internally and with Nexon. They have not said "We're not going to change this." What they have said is that they are trying to get a fix, but ultimately, it comes down to the developer.

Arthur5174

Rank 5
Arthur5174
PostedFeb 05, 2013 11:36 pm
its a tradgedy this whole PAL/PWL mess..many people with expensive stolen items/gears that dont belong to them as a result of this non-tradeable programming.

I WANT MY D-Amn Worship War-Mace [13] Water 2, Flash linked back, but do you think I will ever see it again?

I highly doubt it, and thats why my relationship has been severly damaged with AGE (a simple way to track the evidence is in order), and I have refused to purchase any of these non-tradeable items from anyone, even through AP for personal usage.

I am hanging on by a very thin thread and am on the verge of walking away forever. These criminal acts from others need to be quarantined and taken case-by-case, investigated, and if found that they are guilty of immoral acts of thievery, then the stolen items should be replaced to their rightful owners.

Never before in Shaiya has it been so prevalent an environment as it is now in which so many have decided to quit because of the atrocities of certain members within this game that know for a fact how difficult it is for stealing to be proven.

I am done speaking about this...quit the excuses, and please stop the Bullcrap...Nexon, make these tradeable and this will greatly minimize, if not eliminate the methods entirely in which scammers use others' votes of confidence to steal from people they are advertising to. Ty

...JayGee...

Rank 3
...JayGee...
PostedFeb 06, 2013 9:23 am
The one thing that can and should be done that is fully in the hands of AGE is to stop selling the PWL/PAL's and to also remove them from tiers.

The whole thing is a fail and this needs to be recognized as such and removed from the game until a workable solution is found.

Edit: And, yes, I've bought them, used them and sold them; but not anymore.

che_mon

Rank 0
che_mon
PostedFeb 06, 2013 11:17 am
so here my thoughts, AGE want to keep PAL/PWL timed item for 30 days to make ppl buy more as always, but making them tradable will let ppl take benefit from another bug which is timed items timer will got resat if you drop item on ground and pick it up again.

LordKotaro1011

Rank 4
LordKotaro1011
PostedFeb 06, 2013 11:28 am
che_mon wrote:
timer will get resat if you drop item on ground and pick it up again.  

Tried that trick to try and remove the timer on other items.
The bug went away after dropping it, it then came back once stored in the WH o.O

-Retired.