execompromise

Rank 0
execompromise
PostedFeb 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Chat Delay

So as many of you know there is a chat delay in DKOnline that can be rather annoying. I'm assuming its there to stop people from spamming and such but really t just irritates people and doesn't solve spamming issues. As a DKOnline chat box activist the poses a real problem when answering questions quickly or even asking them. Was so seeing if there's any plan to remove this feature entirely or replace it with something that doesn't block frequent chat messeages.

Sincerely,
Riox

P.S. Have a Daikon Radish while you wait. >(_(__(___(_>
Advertisement

coduxs

Rank 5
coduxs
PostedFeb 04, 2013 10:16 pm
Not sure, I do find it a bit annoying, but imagine having no chat lock for 30secs >>>

KaOs2983

Rank 0
KaOs2983
PostedFeb 05, 2013 2:31 am
Wouldnt mind seeing it reduced to 10 or 15 seconds 30 is a little extreme imo.

Liendra 42 shadowmage DKO Liendra 27 Punisher SB Hopscotch 52 Gun/wiz AK

Eniskuo

Rank 1
Eniskuo
PostedFeb 05, 2013 6:22 am

Re: Chat Delay

execompromise wrote:
So as many of you know there is a chat delay in DKOnline that can be rather annoying. I'm assuming its there to stop people from spamming and such but really t just irritates people and doesn't solve spamming issues. As a DKOnline chat box activist the poses a real problem when answering questions quickly or even asking them. Was so seeing if there's any plan to remove this feature entirely or replace it with something that doesn't block frequent chat messeages.

Sincerely,
Riox

P.S. Have a Daikon Radish while you wait. >(_(__(___(_>  

dont see the problem here, answering someones question can be done by pming them( i do it a lot this way), asking more than one question that quickly .......join a guild.

Gaara727

Rank 0
PostedFeb 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Re: Chat Delay

Eniskuo wrote:
dont see the problem here, answering someones question can be done by pming them( i do it a lot this way), asking more than one question that quickly .......join a guild.  

That would help as long as you are the one asking the questions. When you are trying to help people, sometimes several, that are asking a question that can be discussed and talked about between multiple people (this has happened to me several times already, and I've only played for about 24 hours) this does not solve that issue. 30 seconds is a really long time delay for any kind of regular chat mechanism. I understand the desire to crack down on spamming, but this really doesn't seem like a good solution. From what people have said in-game I hear that Aeria has something in the works for spammers/botters? Anyway, I agree that moving the chat lock down to 15 seconds or so would make a big difference and give us the ability to actually communicate between people better. At this point at least there isn't a way to chat in a group of people outside of actually grouping together or Guild, but that could be an interesting feature...

LadyBorderlinex

Rank 5
PostedFeb 06, 2013 4:08 pm
It does get quite annoying and I think it becomes a valuable lesson thinking before pressing enter. Its been hard for me as I typically type in bursts. But whenever the timer gets in the way, I pop over to private messaging.

Queen of Unnecessarily Long Youtube Videos Used To Report Multi-clienting