synexxus226

Rank 0
synexxus226
PostedFeb 04, 2013 8:32 am

guild alter

just wondering
ok so with the guild alter it gives random items. we all know this. the question i have is lvling up the guild alter does it give 2 items for 1 spin later on or are u just waisting guild contribution on more and more attempts. this seems like a kinda flaw. if the case is every time u lvlv the guild alter all u get is more spins per day and really a risk not worth taking because u spend 20 k gold/20 contribution and if it lands on the gold or the daru or half the other things u get alot less then what u put in for the spin alone. for instance i did 1 spin at 20 k gold: Reward 2 k gold. and this is is not a progressive like some other suposed random spins
Advertisement

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
PostedFeb 04, 2013 11:39 am
While you have spent 20k gold for one spin and got 2k of gold, which is a loss. Others have gotten lucky and got stuff like mount training whips, gems, or socketting rods which the only other way to get them is trough balens, so it is a gamble that sometimes pays off big time.

And as far as i know, levelling the altar only increases the number of times you can do the altar per day.

GodofAcid

Rank 1
GodofAcid
PostedFeb 04, 2013 3:46 pm
It's just more spins, Nex, and it's a total gamble. The only real prizes are socketing rods and crypt keys, and your chances of getting one of those are very low.. but if you do your spins every day you will get some eventually (Babylon just landed 2 socketing rods with his spins) so it's a way for free players to get their hands on those cash shop items, albeit at a low chance per day. That's really all it's about, the rest of the prizes are pretty much junk except for rage runes which are nice to have.

You've made me VERY angry..

_Charlie_Brown_

Rank 1
_Charlie_Brown_
PostedFeb 04, 2013 3:56 pm
Actually i like GUild Alter prizes. Yes most of them junk , but hey, thats the fun of it. If you look chat carefully you can see dozens of ppl getting socketing rods, crypt key, socketing gems and etc. I think rates are fairly enoug. Some days i get almost nothing but somedays i get 3 x 50k gold.
Also i believe the prize drop rate and quality also depends on lvl of altar

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 04, 2013 4:36 pm
We have a level 10 altar on s1 and we get 1 item per spin. It is a gamble, and it's supposed to be. Sometimes it pays off but probably 70% of the time it doesn't. For those who their only way of getting socketting rods is through altar then the gamble is worth it.

I personally have terrible luck with altar. I think since starting the game in October i have had 6-7 rods from spins, where as i know of people who have had 20 or even 30+. As a result, i rarely do my full altar spins any more as I feel i can spend the gold better somewhere else.

Level of altar is not a factor, our level 3 altar on s2 seems luckier to me than a level 10 altar on s1... but that's just perception.

silent.bob004

Rank 0
silent.bob004
PostedFeb 04, 2013 5:32 pm
I agree that the most of items there are junk but I like it anyway. Laughing It is good way to get nice items but price is often too high. There should be better items when you use higher level of altar, I think.

Euphoric77

Rank 0
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:16 am
Actually i kind of disagree that most items are junk.

Easiest way to get eg. rage runes of all lvls / soul engraving / crypt keys / scrolls of any kind and vouchers.

Lots of good stuff on it, but yes in the end it is a gamble. If only they would make the xp books better, because they are ridiculous.