Author Message

acac8484

Rank 3
acac8484
Joined
15 Jan 2013
Posts
836
Location
Czech Republic
PostedFeb 03, 2013 9:32 pm

Archers LUC vs STR

Question
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?

4Raw.mecca
Advertisement

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Posts
1303
Location
Somewhere beyond Hell Denmark
PostedFeb 03, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
acac8484 wrote:
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?  


The one with the higher luck, will do the hardest hits when/if he/she crits.

kerrrblahhh

Rank 4
kerrrblahhh
Joined
28 Jun 2009
Posts
1662
Location
United States
PostedFeb 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
acac8484 wrote:
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?  


Well with same attk the archer with more luck would do more total dmg due to more chance of critting(the one with 200luc having only 40% chance of crit and one with 400luc having 80% chance, assuming the target doesn't have higher luc), But if both crit and have strong ele on same target with identical attk they should hit about the same I believe.


Edit: As for the Luc vs Str, an archer/hunter needs both. They get 1 atk per str and .3 atk per luc

acac8484

Rank 3
acac8484
Joined
15 Jan 2013
Posts
836
Location
Czech Republic
PostedFeb 03, 2013 10:36 pm

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
ChainedOne wrote:
acac8484 wrote:
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?  


The one with the higher luck, will do the hardest hits when/if he/she crits.  


Does it mean that : 1. archer 1000attack 200luc will do lets say 1200crit
2. arhcer 1000attack 400luc will do lets say 1400crit ?

4Raw.mecca

ChainedOne

Rank 3
ChainedOne
Joined
11 Feb 2012
Posts
1303
Location
Somewhere beyond Hell Denmark
PostedFeb 03, 2013 10:39 pm

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
acac8484 wrote:
ChainedOne wrote:
acac8484 wrote:
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?  


The one with the higher luck, will do the hardest hits when/if he/she crits.  


Does it mean that : 1. archer 1000attack 200luc will do lets say 1200crit
2. arhcer 1000attack 400luc will do lets say 1400crit ?  


each luck point raise your base attack by a bit, and higher luck also mean you can do a higher crit.
Don't remember all the numbers in my head.
But yea it will hit a few 100 harder than the other archer.

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
Joined
17 May 2008
Posts
8329
Location
Whitstable United Kingdom
PostedFeb 04, 2013 1:18 am

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
kerrrblahhh wrote:
acac8484 wrote:
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?  


Well with same attk the archer with more luck would do more total dmg due to more chance of critting(the one with 200luc having only 40% chance of crit and one with 400luc having 80% chance, assuming the target doesn't have higher luc), But if both crit and have strong ele on same target with identical attk they should hit about the same I believe.
 


The one with the LUC would likely do more, but could do less too on a critical hit

the 2nd part of the damage formula for a crit is. RND[0-1.5]*LUC, for the guy with 200 this would be 0-300, the guy with 400 this would be 0-600, so the guy with the 400 would more likely have a high hit, but could be lower too. (the first part of the formula would be the same though as that is based on atk)

Hoppity

Rank 0
Joined
05 Nov 2010
Posts
32
Location
Laos
PostedFeb 04, 2013 2:45 am
Full discussion/analysis of this in the AES Archer Guide
http://www.aeriagames.com/forums/en/viewtopic.php?t=221891

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
Joined
27 Sep 2008
Posts
5048
Location
Avellino Italy
PostedFeb 04, 2013 2:53 am

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
JamesGodden wrote:
kerrrblahhh wrote:
acac8484 wrote:
If there are two archers with same attack lets say 1000 attack both but one has 200 LUCK and other 400 LUCK but they still have same attack. Will they do any difference DPS when they HIT critical hit ?  


Well with same attk the archer with more luck would do more total dmg due to more chance of critting(the one with 200luc having only 40% chance of crit and one with 400luc having 80% chance, assuming the target doesn't have higher luc), But if both crit and have strong ele on same target with identical attk they should hit about the same I believe.
 


The one with the LUC would likely do more, but could do less too on a critical hit

the 2nd part of the damage formula for a crit is. RND[0-1.5]*LUC, for the guy with 200 this would be 0-300, the guy with 400 this would be 0-600, so the guy with the 400 would more likely have a high hit, but could be lower too. (the first part of the formula would be the same though as that is based on atk)  


This is exact about the 2nd part of the damage formula, but we are talking about archers, so luc has effect on first part too: 1 luc point increase base damage by 0.3, in critical hits the effect of 1 luc point is 1.5*0.3=0.45 -> 200 luc give 90 more damage, while 400 luc give 180 more damage. These values can change depending on ele multiplier.

The exact formula is:

base damage = 1*str + 0.3*luc + 0.2*dex + weapon damage + skill damage

ele multiplier: check table below



crit damage = 1.5*ele multiplier*(base damage - opponent defense) + 1.5*RND[0-1.5]*luc - opponent abs

JamesGodden

Rank 5.1
JamesGodden
Joined
17 May 2008
Posts
8329
Location
Whitstable United Kingdom
PostedFeb 04, 2013 3:42 am

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
pask81 wrote:
This is exact about the 2nd part of the damage formula, but we are talking about archers, so luc has effect on first part too: 1 luc point increase base damage by 0.3, in critical hits the effect of 1 luc point is 1.5*0.3=0.45 -> 200 luc give 90 more damage, while 400 luc give 180 more damage. These values can change depending on ele multiplier.

The exact formula is:

base damage = 1*str + 0.3*luc + 0.2*dex + weapon damage + skill damage

ele multiplier: check table below



crit damage = 1.5*ele multiplier*(base damage - opponent defense) + 1.5*RND[0-1.5]*luc - opponent abs  


The OP did say same attack so I skipped the first bit of the formula Very Happy

Also that Ele table as far as imperical evidence goes is wrong. (On neutrals) Earth2 on Fire2 does less damage than Earth2 on Fire1 in PvP

pask81

Rank 5
pask81
Joined
27 Sep 2008
Posts
5048
Location
Avellino Italy
PostedFeb 04, 2013 4:21 am

Re: Archers LUC vs STR

Question
JamesGodden wrote:

Also that Ele table as far as imperical evidence goes is wrong. (On neutrals) Earth2 on Fire2 does less damage than Earth2 on Fire1 in PvP  


I always thought it was not logical that behavior, but never tested it Razz
Do you have any idea how it should be corrected?

Display posts from previous:   Sort by: