Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Error - Failed to download patch file.

why. D:
My download freezes at certain files, either being a ##D.cab file or a map update and the bar gets cut in half with "Error - Failed to download patch file." Written above it. Why is this happening? This has only happened with the latest patch. Already tried restarting, reinstalling, disabling my antivirus, disabling my firewall, using NWZlauncher only, uninstalling and reinstalling using the ava_us_installer_20120720sfx.exe file and nothing seems to work! Real annoying, was hoping to get back into the game too...
Advertisement

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedFeb 02, 2013 7:39 pm
Hey Vezoid can you please reply on this thread with a screen shot of your A.V.A. folder?

This folder:

C:\AeriaGames\AVA

Thank you.

Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 03, 2013 5:26 am
Hmmm... I think I had uninstalled it yesterday in an attempt to get a fresh download (which I have done before). All I have in C:\AeriaGames\ is the 'Downloader' folder and no AVA folder. Now I have a new problem, my Aeria Ignite simply refuses to download the files for AVA... It just hangs randomly and wont go any further! Real frustrating...

Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 03, 2013 5:29 am
Scrap that, I just have to keep pausing/unpausing the download on Ignite. Repetitive, but it seems to work.

The2009RKO

PostedFeb 03, 2013 5:30 am
Vezoid wrote:
Scrap that, I just have to keep pausing/unpausing the download on Ignite. Repetitive, but it seems to work.  

Oh ok, glad you got the issue fixed! :b

Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 03, 2013 6:18 am
Hmmm...

Out of curiosity, while my Ignite download was finishing, I decided to give it a go on Steam. Same error. I find this really strange. Also, I got a kinky flash of my AVA folder in the screenshot, if you want the other half of it I can send that too. Very Happy

(This was my C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\AVA folder)

This is really strange! Definitely not just Ignite then.

Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 03, 2013 6:44 am
C:\AeriaGames\AVA is installing now. I'll post how it goes later.

Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 03, 2013 7:01 am

It just doesn't work. On the verge of giving up. I don't understand! Evil or Very Mad

Is it Microsoft security essentials? I already ended the process.
Is it my antivirus, ESET? Already disabled.

WHY IS THIS HAPPENING!?

Someone please shed some light on the situation! :'(

The2009RKO

PostedFeb 03, 2013 7:54 am
It seems that when you download from Steam it is downloading like we still were on IJJI...we can see the 'IJJI Optimizer' on the image you posted before...

Make sure you remove everything related with IJJI, Reactor, GameGuard and try again

Vezoid

Rank 0
Vezoid
PostedFeb 03, 2013 8:20 am
Alrighty, found the ijji folder on my root C:\ and deleted it. I think GameGuard went down along with it and I uninstalled REACTOR a while back. I'll try the steam patch again and let you know if anything comes up!