Xeriph

Rank 0
Xeriph
PostedFeb 02, 2013 1:00 am

Which laptop is better for SB?

I'm trying to find an affordable laptop that I could use for playing Scarlet Blade as well as other MMOs (WoW, TERA, ect), but I am unsure if either one of these would do the trick.

The specs look about the same, but the price is a near $100 difference.

Right now I'm running SB on an eMachine with relatively little jerkiness on Low, but if I could get smooth on medium or high with either one of these that would be nice.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215622
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834131444

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

vexslasher

Rank 0
vexslasher
PostedFeb 02, 2013 2:31 am
I wouldn't recommend getting a laptop unless you are on the go a lot. with laptops you will pay a lot more for a gaming computer and they don't last anywhere near as long as a PC. within just a single year a laptop will usually have at least one thing go wrong. could be power cord not able to connect properly, battery die, screen break, fan dust buildup, overheating, built in mouse break. Now the most common problem I have had with laptops has been overheating it can be caused from having too much disk space used or the dust buildup. Overheating can be a major problem if you have important files since one of my laptops overheated and it corrupted the drive forcing me to wipe all the files. at my house we have 5 computers and 3 laptops, all of the laptops have had there own problems but the PC's have not had any hardware issues.

If you absolutely have to go between those 2 laptops tho I'd choose the Acer, however a HP or Dell would probably hold up better, they usually have a good fan system.

tactics

Aeria: Product Manager
tactics
PostedFeb 02, 2013 2:38 am
The specs are pretty much the same, with no notable differences that would affect the game's performance. Either would be adequate to run Scarlet Blade with pretty high settings.

The more expensive machine, I noticed, has the potential to have a RAM upgrade in the future-- that's pretty much it. This seems trivial to me, so I'd go for the less expensive of the two.

<a></a> <br> "Greatness is not given. Greatness is taken; When the weak and the distracted are resting on their reputations."