khoieieralle

Rank 1
khoieieralle
PostedFeb 01, 2013 3:57 pm

Lag when pressing "enter"

In the few years i've played A.v.a, ive played with a laggy chat system, when i press "enter" the whole screen freezes for 3-4 seconds, then im able to see something move again. And in those few years, i've never been CW'ing alot, or needed the chat system. But now, this is getting annoying as (youknowtheword) when i try to warn my teammates, i need to write bh or something, i press enter then it freezes, 3 sec later it appears, hes dead i write BH.

This only happens like after 30 minutes ingame. When i restart A.V.A everything is fine, 30 minutes and it happens again.

I'd like to ask, if any1 else is experiencing this problem, my clanmate told me this was b/c of my computer, but it happens on my laptop aswell.
Advertisement

dreamz_keeper

Rank 0
dreamz_keeper
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:00 pm
That has happened to me before but it just gradually went away from some reason after uninstalling and reinstalling ava so many times as well as reinstalling from ava files that my friends gave me when they wanted me to play again.

AVA IGN: RiceNips | AK IGN: ShinyMudkip LoL IGN: RnGMudkip

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:23 pm
Hey khoi! Smile

Happens me aswell...first 5 games the game is smooth ad I have no lag when I press 'Enter' but than for the 6th game (probably because my PC is hot) when I press 'Enter' it just lags / freezes for like 2 seconds...even through is not a huge problem since I only type when I die...

Try to go to Options, than choose the 'Game' tab and uncheck the 'Second Cam' not sure if this will fix but you can try.

gazj84

Rank 2
gazj84
PostedFeb 01, 2013 7:43 pm
this sounds like a cpu / memory load issue i have had shuttering when i press enter also usually when i dont use gamebooster

my tips to cut down on cpu and memory load while playing ava

download and install gamebooster then run gamebooster with ava

now to help with cooling i remove the side off my case (yes i know dust can screw your board) just make sure your case stays clean or if you have a rich mummy n daddy tell them you want to buy colling units for your pc

cheap and cheerfull way would be to use a regualr fan like you sit on your desk in the summer to keep you cool aim it directly into the back of your case so it blows cool air over your gpu and cpu

khoieieralle

Rank 1
khoieieralle
PostedFeb 02, 2013 2:43 am
Thanks guys, but none of these options work. I should just let it be there, and not mess with the files. I'm not any computer expert Smile

The2009RKO

GameSage: Alliance of Valiant Arms
PostedFeb 02, 2013 7:08 am
khoieieralle wrote:
Thanks guys, but none of these options work. I should just let it be there, and not mess with the files. I'm not any computer expert Smile  

You are welcome! Wink

That also happens to me when I play couple of games...that's probably because our PC is hot...but yeah just leave it like that and only type when you die. Razz

khoieieralle

Rank 1
khoieieralle
PostedFeb 02, 2013 9:33 am
The2009RKO wrote:
khoieieralle wrote:

You are welcome! Wink

That also happens to me when I play couple of games...that's probably because our PC is hot...but yeah just leave it like that and only type when you die. Razz  

Alright, will do x)

ohFaith

Rank 3
ohFaith
PostedFeb 02, 2013 10:49 am
As RKO said it is because your computer get hot. Cleaning your fan from dust should help.

Jako3334074

Rank 0
PostedFeb 05, 2013 11:34 pm
I get this too and I have cleaned my PC/fans/etc recently. The only thing that lags is when I press enter and the occasional random fps drop.

I have run games more CPU intensive than AVA and they work ok.
Also I remember that I didn't have this problem a few years ago.

Maybe if I reinstall AVA everything will magically fix itself, but idk.