RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 03, 2013 7:06 am
htgs89 wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:
I have to agree with Jota. This sounds like a ridiculous idea to me. I have never played or heard of a game where there is an xp loss option. Yes some allow you to spend xp to acheive certain things (much in the same way that Talents does here in Wartune) but NOT have an xp reduction or negative xp scroll.

People are complaining at the moment that level 60s are in the same bg as a level 40, what you are proposing is to allow players who could be level 60 and therefore have the gemming, astrals, guild skills, soul engraving, medals etc etc etc (need i go on?) as every other level 60 to fight players who are legitimately level 30-40. That sounds like a recipe for disaster!

If you wish to remain level 39 and not enter the next battleground tier then that is a sacrifice you have to make. The game is about progress, there is no option to pick and chose.
Any how, despite any of this, what you want to propose is completely uneccessary since one of the coming patches is breaking down battleground tiers even more so you wont "need" to hamper your xp to get honor since you will be in a tier with people your level.

And no, i do not agree that they should implement such changes in the mean time, the time it takes to develop such things i better spent on getting their already developed updates to us faster.  

bias opinions are not welcome, learn facts please:)
Shaiya does this, and uhm its a Aeria game go check it out.  

I have fully set out proper reason for being against this, so how is that bias? or is just the fact that I am not in support for those justified reasons means im bias? sounds like youre the one who's bias to me.

Firstly, I must admit that I have never played Shaiya so was not aware that it had exp loss options. I specifically said I was not aware of any games that had exp loss and didnt not state it as a fact so please do not tell me to "learn facts".

Even if Shaiya has exp loss, i still do not believe that it is a sensible idea in THIS game, for the reasons I already set out. Players might not have the levels but they will still have high astral level, high gem values, soul engraving, and guild skills as if they were that level, there by making bg a living nightmare for those players who did genuinely turn 30-39 recently. It seems the only reason to justify this is so that the players around lvl 39 do not have to hit 40 and therefore join a bg with level 40-70 in it but by doing that they make the level 30-39s suffer instead. The new changes to bg set up will FIX the tier levels and so level 40s will face each other instead of someone 30 levels higher. So there will be no justification for xp los then.

Also, just because Shaiya has it does not mean Wartune can have it. Wartune is NOT an "Aeria game". It is a 7-road game which Aeria merely publishes. Aeria's influence over 7-road is limited (far more so than non-partner games).
Advertisement

1ForLyfe

Rank 0
1ForLyfe
PostedFeb 03, 2013 7:49 am
htgs89 wrote:
1ForLyfe wrote:
I support. Only if it's $50 per scroll though; it should cost big money to harass low level pvpers with a twinked out character.  

I would not say 50 dollars that seems alittle much for a loss of experience. Not even the xp scrolls are 50 dollars, and a higher level that wants to stay higher will use experience scrolls to beat up the lower levels.

You worked hard for what you got so you should be able to get the honor you are trying to achieve.  

Exp scrolls only last 1 hour though so you can only get so much exp for it.
Were you talking about scrolls that reduce small chunks of exp? I was talking about one that completely takes you back to 0% exp from whatever so you'd be wise to use it 90%+

Lyfe - 57 Bard/Sorc Raome - 59 Guard/Duelist

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 03, 2013 7:58 am

_Charlie_Brown_

Rank 1
_Charlie_Brown_
PostedFeb 03, 2013 8:01 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:

Cool, now exp remove scroll make more sense now!

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 03, 2013 8:13 am
_Charlie_Brown_ wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:

How do you come to that conclusion?

If the reason stated to have "exp remove" is to avoid going to battlegrounds and facing the likes of Euphoric and other top players, then this change does that already, thereby removing the reason claimed for it.

_Charlie_Brown_

Rank 1
_Charlie_Brown_
PostedFeb 03, 2013 8:30 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:
_Charlie_Brown_ wrote:
RollaR_50248 wrote:

How do you come to that conclusion?

If the reason stated to have exp remove is to avoid going to battlegrounds and facing the likes of Euphoric and other top players, this change does that already, thereby removing the reason claimed for it.  

Dividing battleground to zones and making run it 10 times a day is really good improvement to who like open PvP. But that is not enough. There are many like me want to enjoy his/her pvp set a bit and archieve something before passing to another lvl (battlezone). You wont be alone, there will be plently of ppl who gonna stay at fixed lvl for a while and PvP with you to gain more honor, medal and etc. At the end , before reaching max lvl , you will enjoy every part of game.
Your other argument (someone will stay at lvl 39, max out gears and start to farm newcomers) is also not that true. As i said you wont be alone and you will be also face with ppl that stronger than you. And there is already 39s farms lower lvl players.
And of course there many ppl also like to reach lvl 80 as fast as possible. To do end game pvp. So, what is disturbing you with the idea of exp remove ?

P.S : sorry my lack of english, i hope i could explain myself

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 03, 2013 9:53 am
_Charlie_Brown_ wrote:

Dividing battleground to zones and making run it 10 times a day is really good improvement to who like open PvP. But that is not enough. There are many like me want to enjoy his/her pvp set a bit and archieve something before passing to another lvl (battlezone). You wont be alone, there will be plently of ppl who gonna stay at fixed lvl for a while and PvP with you to gain more honor, medal and etc. At the end , before reaching max lvl , you will enjoy every part of game.
Your other argument (someone will stay at lvl 39, max out gears and start to farm newcomers) is also not that true. As i said you wont be alone and you will be also face with ppl that stronger than you. And there is already 39s farms lower lvl players.
And of course there many ppl also like to reach lvl 80 as fast as possible. To do end game pvp. So, what is disturbing you with the idea of exp remove ?

then don't level up. My concern is very valid. With exp loss players can still do catacombs and get more gems and improve their gems and gears, therefore putting them at a significant advantage against those players who are levelling normally in that tier. The players using the exp loss might not be big spenders like Euphoric, Sithlord or others, but within that level band they are just as strong. Basically they replace the player they were trying to avoid in their level band. The "exp loss" users become the player that everyone in their tier dreads to face, and avoids battleground for.

Of course in each level band there will be strong people who will be able to beat everyone anyway, but they are there because that's what the game mechanics decided, not because they chose to be. With the new breakdown for bg you will more than likely face people around your strength which will make the whole battleground experience more fair for everyone.

Don't forget, you still get honor from GW to top up your battleground honor or, if you are like me, almost replace battleground honor.

_Charlie_Brown_

Rank 1
_Charlie_Brown_
PostedFeb 03, 2013 10:06 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:
_Charlie_Brown_ wrote:

then don't level up. My concern is very valid. With exp loss players can still do catacombs and get more gems and improve their gems and gears, therefore putting them at a significant advantage against those players who are levelling normally in that tier. The players using the exp loss might not be big spenders like Euphoric, Sithlord or others, but within that level band they are just as strong. Basically they replace the player they were trying to avoid in their level band. The "exp loss" users become the player that everyone in their tier dreads to face, and avoids battleground for.

Of course in each level band there will be strong people who will be able to beat everyone anyway, but they are there because that's what the game mechanics decided, not because they chose to be. With the new breakdown for bg you will more than likely face people around your strength which will make the whole battleground experience more fair for everyone.

Don't forget, you still get honor from GW to top up your battleground honor or, if you are like me, almost replace battleground honor.  

I understand your concern. But anyhow after 5-6 months majority of players will reach lvl 80. And it will be the same ssenario that you afraid of. There will be always gap between player who started play early and newcomer, unless newcomer is big spender. And my point is. Making several battlezones with exp stone will make ppl stay which zone like. Most ppl cannot afford to spend and gear up to face with lvl uber player. Its less costy to make lvl 39 or 49 powerful. And in every lvl you have different skills and abilities. And it gives different taste. Also i cant stay on 39 without exp loss. Catacomb is not only that gives exp. I also want to daily tasks, some event quests etc. Without losing exp its not possible to make progress unless spending cash. Also i dont think , they will release such item.

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
PostedFeb 03, 2013 10:30 am
You underestimate the speed it takes to level. The game has been out for 8 or 9 months on site servers and no one is level 80 yet. Even still, the new comer will not be facing these high levels in battlegrounds anyway since they will be facing other new comers like them at their level. In any event most new comers will go to newer servers.

Daily events such as World Boss or devotion events do not require you to gain exp. For it to count you only need to enter catacomb (not actually gain exp) or can do low level dungeons and campaigns where you do not gain exp. There are ways to complete those tasks without gaining exp.

Also, once you reach level 50 you can consume your exp on talents and freeze your level anyway which makes the presence of a such an item redundant anyway.

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
PostedFeb 03, 2013 1:41 pm

FORUM INDEXPARTNER: WARTUNEGENERAL Loosing Experience with

FORUM INDEXPARTNER: WARTUNEGENERAL Loosing Experience with a Scroll
True at lvl 50 you can trun in exp for skills but we are talking about lvl 39 and thier are ppl that would like to stay at that lvl 39 and still gaine stuff in game with out lvling up an exp loss srcoll will not hurt how pvp is run actly it will make it more better because alot of ppl willl be able to get gems and stuff to if i dont want to lvl i wont do catacombs i will just buy all the gems from item shop but from what you are saying jota and rollar is that ppl should be made to lvl up even if they dont want to how is that fair to the ones who want to stay at lvl 39 and still take part in event's yes i do /FULL support this item and hopefully it will be added in even when the cross sever Battle grounds begine just will make that much more fun for every one not just a few . no i am not attking any one or being biased