Author Message

htgs89

Rank 0
Joined
03 Jul 2012
Posts
10
Location
United States
PostedFeb 02, 2013 9:12 am
jotasnake wrote:
Maybe its just me but this seems like an awfull idea so like i said i don't support it. Someone mentioned they have seen this on many mmorpg's, i would like that person to PM me with the names of those games because quite frankly i have played many and never seen anything like it, the concept of an item to loose exp is not something that makes sense to me.

You don't get any less of a chance to receive honor if you level. Battlegrounds will be lvl based and multi server wide, this means if you are lvl41, you will fight with other lvl41's from your server and other ones, this of course is comming in an upcoming patch and AGE has yet to update everyone on these beats me why. You can also win honor from guild battles which levels have basically no say in this as well.  


A big place to get honor is BG, not only guild battle. Those are the only two places you can get honor. Yes you do recieve more BG at the 39 then leveling out. I pull 3k honor a day ( which is the max) If I leveled out I would be fighting 40+ at level 40, so if you are out numbered 10+ leveles in BG you will not earn as much honor. I gaurentee it.
Advertisement

RollaR_50248

Rank 2
RollaR_50248
Joined
01 Feb 2012
Posts
716
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 02, 2013 11:32 am
I have to agree with Jota. This sounds like a ridiculous idea to me. I have never played or heard of a game where there is an xp loss option. Yes some allow you to spend xp to acheive certain things (much in the same way that Talents does here in Wartune) but NOT have an xp reduction or negative xp scroll.

People are complaining at the moment that level 60s are in the same bg as a level 40, what you are proposing is to allow players who could be level 60 and therefore have the gemming, astrals, guild skills, soul engraving, medals etc etc etc (need i go on?) as every other level 60 to fight players who are legitimately level 30-40. That sounds like a recipe for disaster!

If you wish to remain level 39 and not enter the next battleground tier then that is a sacrifice you have to make. The game is about progress, there is no option to pick and chose.
Any how, despite any of this, what you want to propose is completely uneccessary since one of the coming patches is breaking down battleground tiers even more so you wont "need" to hamper your xp to get honor since you will be in a tier with people your level.

And no, i do not agree that they should implement such changes in the mean time, the time it takes to develop such things i better spent on getting their already developed updates to us faster.

mpmd23

Rank 0
mpmd23
Joined
07 May 2007
Posts
177
Location
United States
PostedFeb 02, 2013 11:41 am

FORUM INDEXPARTNER: WARTUNEGENERAL Loosing Experience with

FORUM INDEXPARTNER: WARTUNEGENERAL Loosing Experience with a Scroll
jotasnake wrote:
Maybe its just me but this seems like an awfull idea so like i said i don't support it. Someone mentioned they have seen this on many mmorpg's, i would like that person to PM me with the names of those games because quite frankly i have played many and never seen anything like it, the concept of an item to loose exp is not something that makes sense to me.

You don't get any less of a chance to receive honor if you level. Battlegrounds will be lvl based and multi server wide, this means if you are lvl41, you will fight with other lvl41's from your server and other ones, this of course is comming in an upcoming patch and AGE has yet to update everyone on these beats me why. You can also win honor from guild battles which levels have basically no say in this as well.  
you say you have never seen exp loss srcoll's/stone's but in many of aeria's game's they have them in thier shaiya being one of them ect.... it is a good ideal to put them in the item shop it will bring in more money for aeria I SUPPORT THIS and HOPE THEY PUT IT IN GS you might want to go check out some of AERIA"S games befor you say you have never seen this item. long time player of aeria games since O/B of LC and C/B of shaiya and many of their other games yes i am a big cash spender

htgs89

Rank 0
Joined
03 Jul 2012
Posts
10
Location
United States
PostedFeb 03, 2013 2:22 am
jotasnake wrote:
Maybe its just me but this seems like an awfull idea so like i said i don't support it. Someone mentioned they have seen this on many mmorpg's, i would like that person to PM me with the names of those games because quite frankly i have played many and never seen anything like it, the concept of an item to loose exp is not something that makes sense to me.

You don't get any less of a chance to receive honor if you level. Battlegrounds will be lvl based and multi server wide, this means if you are lvl41, you will fight with other lvl41's from your server and other ones, this of course is comming in an upcoming patch and AGE has yet to update everyone on these beats me why. You can also win honor from guild battles which levels have basically no say in this as well.  


The biggest chunk of battle honor is from battle grounds.
For example, today I received a total of 1800 honor from two battle grounds.
(If you have guild battle that week you could get a additional 500-850 honor)
- you do not receive honor from 3v3 only insignia) so that has nothing to do with this-
Shaiya implemented this and people cash on it ALL the time!!
You might not think so because your only a game sage but I know for a fact its a huge seller for a pvp based game.
We are not talking about the future or this patch or that patch ( or this might go in the game) no matter what they implement in the game, people will still level out of the zone they want.

Why are we forced to level and fight in the 40+ Battle Ground seeing most of the biggest cash spenders are up there? For example, Euphoric from server 11 (aeria server 1) has spent over 10,000 dollars on his toon, leveling out of 39 for battle ground would lead to loosing honor and medallions, making anything above a crusader improbable?

There is not only one of these huge cash spenders that fight in the 40+ Battle Ground there are quite a few. So why not let the people have a zone that don't spend as much cash but still contributes to the games life span?

So because these people spend the biggest cash at the high levels that can afford it gets rewarded with things that help them, but we the people that spend cash but not over abundant get nothing in return? The game has to be balanced by giving and receiving. Thank you.

htgs89

Rank 0
Joined
03 Jul 2012
Posts
10
Location
United States
PostedFeb 03, 2013 2:28 am
RollaR_50248 wrote:
I have to agree with Jota. This sounds like a ridiculous idea to me. I have never played or heard of a game where there is an xp loss option. Yes some allow you to spend xp to acheive certain things (much in the same way that Talents does here in Wartune) but NOT have an xp reduction or negative xp scroll.

People are complaining at the moment that level 60s are in the same bg as a level 40, what you are proposing is to allow players who could be level 60 and therefore have the gemming, astrals, guild skills, soul engraving, medals etc etc etc (need i go on?) as every other level 60 to fight players who are legitimately level 30-40. That sounds like a recipe for disaster!

If you wish to remain level 39 and not enter the next battleground tier then that is a sacrifice you have to make. The game is about progress, there is no option to pick and chose.
Any how, despite any of this, what you want to propose is completely uneccessary since one of the coming patches is breaking down battleground tiers even more so you wont "need" to hamper your xp to get honor since you will be in a tier with people your level.

And no, i do not agree that they should implement such changes in the mean time, the time it takes to develop such things i better spent on getting their already developed updates to us faster.  


bias opinions are not welcome, learn facts please:)
Shaiya does this, and uhm its a Aeria game go check it out.

zthen

Rank 1
zthen
Joined
26 Jun 2011
Posts
217
Location
United States
PostedFeb 03, 2013 3:38 am
they need to implement /exp which was a command used in daoc to turn on/off xp gains so layers could stay at a certain lvl if they wanted to.

<a>Image and video hosting by TinyPic</a>

mauricechan2004

Rank 0
Joined
24 Jul 2012
Posts
7
Location
United States
PostedFeb 03, 2013 4:38 am
jotasnake wrote:
Maybe its just me but this seems like an awfull idea so like i said i don't support it. Someone mentioned they have seen this on many mmorpg's, i would like that person to PM me with the names of those games because quite frankly i have played many and never seen anything like it, the concept of an item to loose exp is not something that makes sense to me.

You don't get any less of a chance to receive honor if you level. Battlegrounds will be lvl based and multi server wide, this means if you are lvl41, you will fight with other lvl41's from your server and other ones, this of course is comming in an upcoming patch and AGE has yet to update everyone on these beats me why. You can also win honor from guild battles which levels have basically no say in this as well.  

not support + i never seen any MMORPG's can LOSE exp.....too

_Charlie_Brown_

Rank 1
_Charlie_Brown_
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Posts
350
Location
Russia
PostedFeb 03, 2013 5:56 am
/Full support

If you dont seen any game that has EXP loss and without bringing any argument, how you came that conclusion ? (not support). I am playing another game for Aeria (Shaiya). There are 3 different zones. If you want to stay in that zones you can buy exp loss stones from NPC in game (very cheap almost free). That helps ppl to choose their way to play which zones they want to. Not all people interest getting max Lvl. And it wont hurt anyone if there would be exp loss scroll

jotasnake

Diamond Founder: Aura Kingdom
jotasnake
Joined
08 Feb 2008
Posts
7145
Location
Azores Portugal
PostedFeb 03, 2013 6:22 am

Re: FORUM INDEXPARTNER: WARTUNEGENERAL Loosing Experience with

FORUM INDEXPARTNER: WARTUNEGENERAL Loosing Experience with a Scroll
mpmd23 wrote:
jotasnake wrote:
Maybe its just me but this seems like an awfull idea so like i said i don't support it. Someone mentioned they have seen this on many mmorpg's, i would like that person to PM me with the names of those games because quite frankly i have played many and never seen anything like it, the concept of an item to loose exp is not something that makes sense to me.

You don't get any less of a chance to receive honor if you level. Battlegrounds will be lvl based and multi server wide, this means if you are lvl41, you will fight with other lvl41's from your server and other ones, this of course is comming in an upcoming patch and AGE has yet to update everyone on these beats me why. You can also win honor from guild battles which levels have basically no say in this as well.  
you say you have never seen exp loss srcoll's/stone's but in many of aeria's game's they have them in thier shaiya being one of them ect.... it is a good ideal to put them in the item shop it will bring in more money for aeria I SUPPORT THIS and HOPE THEY PUT IT IN GS you might want to go check out some of AERIA"S games befor you say you have never seen this item. long time player of aeria games since O/B of LC and C/B of shaiya and many of their other games yes i am a big cash spender  


Many AGE games but yet you only mention Shaiya, if you're gonna make such a statement you gotta defend it somehow. I am not aware of that item in Shaiya. I also don't know why people are mentioning my GS position in this discussion and also accusing another player who doesnt have the same opinion as you to be biased, if you don't know how to make your point without going after the people who don't agree with you, you're not such a good debater.

MMORPG idea is to level up, period, having a process that goes backward makes no logic.

To htgs89, you clearly didn't understand yet whats comming. If you level to 40 you won't be facing euphoric, there won't be just 2 lvl ranges on the BG.

And what you want is to be OP on a low lvl based BG, by being the highest you can with the highest stuff, how is that fair to the others who are clearly just trying to enjoy a game as they go by? And honestly you shouldn't be able to be higher than crusader on lvl39, you should increase your title as you lvl accordingly.

I'm sorry but i have yet to see a point where i could actually agree and see some potential in this idea, the only thing i see are people who are enjoying not loosing and don't wanna start doing so.

_Charlie_Brown_

Rank 1
_Charlie_Brown_
Joined
30 Apr 2010
Posts
350
Location
Russia
PostedFeb 03, 2013 6:25 am
@jotasnake i dont understand why you worry about much ? This exp loss thing wont effect you unless you want. And the logic is simple, you cant go down lvl either you cant lvl up unless you want. You just stuck that lvl if you wish. Thats just simple
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: