HongChina

Rank 0
HongChina
PostedFeb 05, 2013 2:49 am
azraccoon wrote:
HongChina wrote:

[rant]
God I can't stand it when people denounce a game/movie/book before they play/watch/read it. Especially so when they parrot other people's opinions, god that is so **** annoying "oh man it looks bad so it must be bad" "oh man it looks good so it must be good" Just shut up, play the **** game, and then form your opinion. Stop judging the book by the cover and read the **** thing.
[/rant]  

This is actually amusing. Should probably read the thread because you just did that exact thing.

The guy/s who 'reviewed' talked in here, gave their reasons etc (which are valid from the sources used btw) and are perfectly willing to properly give the game a fair shot once CBT/OBT hits.  

Don't care. I wanted to rant, so I ranted.

Advertisement

Hiikaro

Rank 0
Hiikaro
PostedFeb 05, 2013 4:34 am
Okay Guys Calm Down. They only gave opinions of the game which is different from a review of the game.

So don't go all angry on them. i only got mad on the bashing the game part because that kind of opinion on just watching trailer is too much. they will review the game when they are able to play it maybe on obt or cbt not sure.
I'll post the link when they do a review based on their website.

They are just giving opinions but those opinions went below the belt.

TheKinohki

Rank 0
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:11 am
The Kin watched the video at the aforementioned time as well. In all honesty it is a shame that such political correctness creeps into games. If one does not like a book, they shouldn't read it. If one has objections to a movie, don't watch it.

The problem boils down to the fact that there are so many...For lack of a better word, sheep that cannot think for themselves and choose to rely on the words of these "reviewers". When they slam something, it's taken to heart and costs the game quite a bit of heat.

On the other hand, games that aren't deserving get such praise. Such examples like Diablo 3 or CoD in The Kin's opinion are nowhere as good as these reviewer's claim to The Kin's eyes, however they're insanely popular. Well with the exception to D3 which according to the forums has very little to no player base left anymore.

There are also too many people that want to push their views on other people, such as the comment saying Aeria should be ashamed and whatnot. If anything, Aeria should be praised like that one guy said for having the stones to do something like this in the US where the vast majority of the population is so insecure about the naked body that its ridiculous. The Kin finds it hilarious that explosions and gore and realism is fine..But show any boobs or such and boy is the race on to ban that game.

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:16 am
TheKinohki wrote:
The Kin watched the video at the aforementioned time as well. In all honesty it is a shame that such political correctness creeps into games. If one does not like a book, they shouldn't read it. If one has objections to a movie, don't watch it.

The problem boils down to the fact that there are so many...For lack of a better word, sheep that cannot think for themselves and choose to rely on the words of these "reviewers". When they slam something, it's taken to heart and costs the game quite a bit of heat.

On the other hand, games that aren't deserving get such praise. Such examples like Diablo 3 or CoD in The Kin's opinion are nowhere as good as these reviewer's claim to The Kin's eyes, however they're insanely popular. Well with the exception to D3 which according to the forums has very little to no player base left anymore.

There are also too many people that want to push their views on other people, such as the comment saying Aeria should be ashamed and whatnot. If anything, Aeria should be praised like that one guy said for having the stones to do something like this in the US where the vast majority of the population is so insecure about the naked body that its ridiculous. The Kin finds it hilarious that explosions and gore and realism is fine..But show any boobs or such and boy is the race on to ban that game.  
Magicman one of the people that was in the video stated they will make a full review of the game when CBT arrives. And his opinion was only for the trailer.

Ievikokonoe

Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:18 am
Bremen217 wrote:
I read the forums here for a lot of stuff, just not a poster. Smile

We shall see if I change my mind after playing in the future. I look forward to it now at least after talking to some of you where after just watching the trailer I kinda felt like I needed a shower Smile
-Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  
When CBT arrives I would like to party up with you and do some of the many DGN's for footage for the review

mjollnir77

Rank 3
mjollnir77
PostedFeb 05, 2013 10:31 am
seen the video and remembered instantly why I never trust reviews.

Regarding all the "appearance" things... well, game is 18+, I hope that everyone in here is 18+ and had seen some boobs in life.

I'm 36, seeing nudity doesn't really disturb me and I consider the "adult target" thing as a plus, because for once, we have a good interesting plot, and not the usual overused, fantasy lore stuffs. Adults needs some adult content, and it's not just a matter of naked chars, is more a matter of plot/story and, why not, dialogues.

and tbh, I'm looking forward to play in a game where no spoiled kids will start dramas and swear eternal hate for a pkill.

just my 2 cents

Hiikaro

Rank 0
Hiikaro
PostedFeb 05, 2013 1:34 pm
mjollnir77 wrote:
I'm looking forward to play in a game where no spoiled kids will start dramas and swear eternal hate for a pkill.  

I've Been Searching for games like that for years!!!
I Hope Scarlet Blade is totally the one for me! where u meet "matured" people lol.
no offence to annoying kids. but it's true. lol

Ievikokonoe

Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 05, 2013 1:39 pm
Hiikaro wrote:
mjollnir77 wrote:
I'm looking forward to play in a game where no spoiled kids will start dramas and swear eternal hate for a pkill.  

I've Been Searching for games like that for years!!!
I Hope Scarlet Blade is totally the one for me! where u meet "matured" people lol.
no offence to annoying kids. but it's true. lol  
I'm sorry but there will always be someone that is immature

whoeverxwins

Rank 2
whoeverxwins
PostedFeb 06, 2013 12:55 am
Yeah, but the proportion of them should be smaller. At least, from what I've seen at alpha, most of the players seem to be more mature than not. I've seen a few big QQs, but not a lot. And when age was questioned on one of them, the player poofed. hmm... XD

I hope this person from MMOBomb does try the game and tries it with an open mind. I am glad that he stopped by to voice his side, without putting the game down further. I hope he is still reading comments, since I jumped in so late (was busy playing alpha). I'm certainly not a 14 year old, a boy, or a basement dweller. I'm a 43 year old woman, married, and I certainly don't live with my parents. I'll admit, I didn't have high hopes for the game myself at first. And yeah, the *** may be a gimmick. BUT, it did draw me here. #1 to tease my husband with. #2 the hope that I wouldn't have to be playing with a bunch of kids.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the game though. I love the detailed graphics (not just the women, ty), the storyline, the gameplay, even the pvp (which I normally HATE). So before you judge the game with preconceived notions, hang around and try it! You might even like it. Wink

bloddy2

Rank 0
bloddy2
PostedFeb 06, 2013 3:25 am
Honestly they didn't even get a fair shot. A reviewer shouldn't review until there's actual content they can review themselves. I'm very sure once closed beta arrives their opinion will soon change. To be honest, when I first started playing I was a bit skeptical about female-only characters and nudity. But after a few minutes of playing, I loved it. The people who are putting down on this game will soon realize they are wrong. Smile