Author Message

NileBerzerker

Rank 0
Joined
03 Dec 2008
Posts
38
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:33 pm
Ievikokonoe wrote:
In my opinion they are acting very unprofessional they are calling a game terrible and giving it a bad name because they do not like it. Scarlet blade will get a very good review from MMOHUT , at least they act professional and will go in to details with the game it seems that mmobomb did not give SB a chance.  
http://www.youtube.com/comment?lc=UBDJMvj5FQFKQvku8BDWrTQviqQ4e8q81wAKbjnfGV8
 
Meh who knows. Maybe the game will shock me when we're able to play it, right now we're making our opinions based on the trailer and written info that is available. Smile

-Magicman
 
It's good to see their staff interacting with viewer's feedback and posted thoughts in the comments.
Advertisement

Bremen217

Rank 0
Joined
03 Dec 2011
Posts
8
Location
United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:40 pm
Lots of great points here!

A few notes on some recurring comments about the show:

1) DK Online video was shown over the topic because we could not use game play footage and our viewers hate if we put a trailer on loop. DK Online happened to be the next game discussed so it runs over both topics.

2) This certainly was not a review as we have had no hands on time to have done such, this was initial impressions based off of marketing material (i.e. trailer) only. That's why you don't hear us mentioning game play. Even fans have to admit though that the trailer does very little to market the content of the game but instead focuses on just the overt sexuality right?

3) I actually look forward to getting some hands on time with the game. I have heard good things from you the fans of the game that have been lucky enough to jump in for some play time. Believe me, as I have done before, if the game is more than an "adult content sells" gimmick I will be certain to bring it up on a future show and admit my initial impression based on the marketing material were wrong. Smile Again, I've been wrong before and will be wrong again at some point I'm sure, I'm not above admitting my initial impressions were wrong if that ends up being the case.

Whenever I do get in if someone would be so kind to show me the ropes and features I would be happy to include them in any First Look video we do.

Have fun!
Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
Joined
02 Dec 2012
Posts
1153
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:47 pm
Bremen217 wrote:
Lots of great points here!

A few notes on some recurring comments about the show:

1) DK Online video was shown over the topic because we could not use game play footage and our viewers hate if we put a trailer on loop. DK Online happened to be the next game discussed so it runs over both topics.

2) This certainly was not a review as we have had no hands on time to have done such, this was initial impressions based off of marketing materiel (i.e. trailer) only. That's why you don't hear us mentioning game play. Even fans have to admit though that the trailer does very little to market the content of the game but instead focuses on just the overt sexuality right?

3) I actually look forward to getting some hands on time with the game. I have heard good things from you the fans of the game that have been lucky enough to jump in for some play time. Believe me, as I have done before, if the game is more than an "adult content sells" gimmick I will be certain to bring it up on a future show and admit my initial impression based on the marketing material were wrong. Smile Again, I've been wrong before and will be wrong again at some point I'm sure, I'm not above admitting my initial impressions were wrong if that ends up being the case.

Whenever I do get in if someone would be so kind to show me the ropes and features I would be happy to include them in any First Look video we do.

Have fun!
Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  
Hi Magicman I know that it was not a full review but the way it sounded in the video is that you would not give the game a chance just because its all female characters. Which is change for once in a mmo, I hope when you get the chance to play the game that it changes your current opinion of the game.

Ghostseid

Rank 4
Ghostseid
Joined
16 Dec 2007
Posts
2488
Location
Subspace United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:51 pm
This game's going to be extremely polarizing and while I expect these reviewers to possibly give SB a fair chance when the game isn't in Alpha phase, I doubt their opinions will change. I had a hard time believing Aeria would host such a game, but I'm over it, mostly because of how this community has been so far.

On a similar subject, we're going to have to deal with a bigger influx of people trying to bring "shame" and "guilt" into the forums once this game gets closer to being live. People are free to have their own opinions, so remember that and try to deal with anyone that's overly emotional on the subject in a calm manner (this also means we need to refrain from defending this game blindly; that'll just make things worse). Especially once the sexism arguments start, as those tend to bring about the worst in people (mostly due to tunnel vision, echo chambers, and strawmen). We also need to not give off any implications that we're just a sea of perverts (the forums might not have a problem with this, but in-game chat will most likely give off a totally different vibe).

Ultimately, these guys are taking the game at face value, but from what I just read on the video comments (didn't watch the video itself), they said as much themselves and are willing to give SB a "fair" review. Which is good (especially given the recent post from one of the team), but I doubt their minds are going to change even after sitting down with the game (especially, in the wake of several new MMOs trying new things, Scarlet Blade doesn't seem to really add anything new to the genre).

In any case, knee-jerk reactions (from them and from us, regarding them), isn't what we need right now.

Bremen217

Rank 0
Joined
03 Dec 2011
Posts
8
Location
United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:53 pm
Ievikokonoe wrote:
Bremen217 wrote:
Lots of great points here!

A few notes on some recurring comments about the show:

1) DK Online video was shown over the topic because we could not use game play footage and our viewers hate if we put a trailer on loop. DK Online happened to be the next game discussed so it runs over both topics.

2) This certainly was not a review as we have had no hands on time to have done such, this was initial impressions based off of marketing materiel (i.e. trailer) only. That's why you don't hear us mentioning game play. Even fans have to admit though that the trailer does very little to market the content of the game but instead focuses on just the overt sexuality right?

3) I actually look forward to getting some hands on time with the game. I have heard good things from you the fans of the game that have been lucky enough to jump in for some play time. Believe me, as I have done before, if the game is more than an "adult content sells" gimmick I will be certain to bring it up on a future show and admit my initial impression based on the marketing material were wrong. Smile Again, I've been wrong before and will be wrong again at some point I'm sure, I'm not above admitting my initial impressions were wrong if that ends up being the case.

Whenever I do get in if someone would be so kind to show me the ropes and features I would be happy to include them in any First Look video we do.

Have fun!
Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  
Hi Magicman I know that it was not a full review but the way it sounded in the video is that you would not give the game a chance just because its all female characters. Which is change for once in a mmo, I hope when you get the chance to play the game that it changes your current opinion of the game.  



Oh I certainly will try it, you guys and gals are pumping it up and I would like to see what has you gamers so stoked! My opinion had nothing to do with an all female cast, it was the big time adult connotation that the entire cast was placed into that I took umbrage with. Like I said though, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Can I ask this of players (I'm not sure what/if an NDA might stop you from being able to say): Is there a reason for the adult content or is it just an example of "take adult content and shoe horn it into a game"? I guess what I'm asking is, is the mature content organic with the lore and situations or is it just there to be there?
Thanks!
-Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast

Skyre22

Rank 0
Skyre22
Joined
01 Jan 2013
Posts
108
Location
United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:55 pm
Bremen217 wrote:
Lots of great points here!  
Hi there. I did not get that impression based off of what you said during the time. You bashed the game pretty much the entire time and knowing that you haven't even tried it you still went ahead. You're free to say what you want and your opinion (it's obviously your show), but I just wish you wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. It really seemed to me like "why would you even give this game another chance?" If you are looking at trying the game again and it turns out good then you may have scared off a few potential customers for Aeria. Granted you may have brought in more people, but who really knows? I just don't think bashing it was the right choice at this time.

You gave it a thumbs down there. When I watched your video I'll be honest. I only watched the time during when it was about scarlet blade. And I wanted to thumbs down the video based off of that, but I didn't. You know why? Because I didn't watch the rest. I don't really know what was in there and I didn't bother with it. It could have been a great episode for all I know or it could have been horrible, but since I don't know I didn't do a thing and for me to thumbs down it for that one segment would have been wrong of me to do.

Goewolfgg

Legendary Founder: Scarlet Blade
Goewolfgg
Joined
07 Sep 2009
Posts
76
Location
United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 6:00 pm
Bremen217 wrote:
Ievikokonoe wrote:
Bremen217 wrote:
Lots of great points here!

A few notes on some recurring comments about the show:

1) DK Online video was shown over the topic because we could not use game play footage and our viewers hate if we put a trailer on loop. DK Online happened to be the next game discussed so it runs over both topics.

2) This certainly was not a review as we have had no hands on time to have done such, this was initial impressions based off of marketing materiel (i.e. trailer) only. That's why you don't hear us mentioning game play. Even fans have to admit though that the trailer does very little to market the content of the game but instead focuses on just the overt sexuality right?

3) I actually look forward to getting some hands on time with the game. I have heard good things from you the fans of the game that have been lucky enough to jump in for some play time. Believe me, as I have done before, if the game is more than an "adult content sells" gimmick I will be certain to bring it up on a future show and admit my initial impression based on the marketing material were wrong. Smile Again, I've been wrong before and will be wrong again at some point I'm sure, I'm not above admitting my initial impressions were wrong if that ends up being the case.

Whenever I do get in if someone would be so kind to show me the ropes and features I would be happy to include them in any First Look video we do.

Have fun!
Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  
Hi Magicman I know that it was not a full review but the way it sounded in the video is that you would not give the game a chance just because its all female characters. Which is change for once in a mmo, I hope when you get the chance to play the game that it changes your current opinion of the game.  



Oh I certainly will try it, you guys and gals are pumping it up and I would like to see what has you gamers so stoked! My opinion had nothing to do with an all female cast, it was the big time adult connotation that the entire cast was placed into that I took umbrage with. Like I said though, if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Can I ask this of players (I'm not sure what/if an NDA might stop you from being able to say): Is there a reason for the adult content or is it just an example of "take adult content and shoe horn it into a game"? I guess what I'm asking is, is the mature content organic with the lore and situations or is it just there to be there?
Thanks!
-Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  


Regarding the NDA, in the games current form nothing is restricted from viewing, some dedicated individuals have been posting live streams of scarlet blade on twitch.tv and hosting lets plays on youtube. I think that many of your questions can be better accessed and answered through that type of information that is currently available, until you have the opportunity to play it for yourself of course. I am not in the alpha either but I am positive that we have some community members here who would be more than happy to work with you alleviate potential issues you had mentioned in your podcast. Thanks for dropping by to address our concerns.

Ghostseid

Rank 4
Ghostseid
Joined
16 Dec 2007
Posts
2488
Location
Subspace United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 6:00 pm   Last edited by Ghostseid on Feb 01, 2013 6:07 pm. Edited 3 times in total
Bremen217 wrote:

Can I ask this of players (I'm not sure what/if an NDA might stop you from being able to say): Is there a reason for the adult content or is it just an example of "take adult content and shoe horn it into a game"? I guess what I'm asking is, is the mature content organic with the lore and situations or is it just there to be there?
Thanks!
-Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  


The website gives the lore on why things are the way they are (which is pretty interesting in my opinion), but neither that nor the game (from what I've seen) give reasons as to why everyone's dressed the way they are, if that's what you're asking.

Keep in mind that this is a Korean MMO that may have had its original story changed for localization (someone correct me on this if possible), but basically, your characters are their own personage while you act as a "Commander" and help with getting humanity back on its feet after near-extinction. The localization of the Alpha build isn't finished though, so there might be more to the story that we haven't seen yet.

Bremen217

Rank 0
Joined
03 Dec 2011
Posts
8
Location
United States
PostedFeb 01, 2013 6:00 pm
Skyre22 wrote:
Bremen217 wrote:
Lots of great points here!  
Hi there. I did not get that impression based off of what you said during the time. You bashed the game pretty much the entire time and knowing that you haven't even tried it you still went ahead. You're free to say what you want and your opinion (it's obviously your show), but I just wish you wouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. It really seemed to me like "why would you even give this game another chance?" If you are looking at trying the game again and it turns out good then you may have scared off a few potential customers for Aeria. Granted you may have brought in more people, but who really knows? I just don't think bashing it was the right choice at this time.

You gave it a thumbs down there. When I watched your video I'll be honest. I only watched the time during when it was about scarlet blade. And I wanted to thumbs down the video based off of that, but I didn't. You know why? Because I didn't watch the rest. I don't really know what was in there and I didn't bother with it. It could have been a great episode for all I know or it could have been horrible, but since I don't know I didn't do a thing and for me to thumbs down it for that one segment would have been wrong of me to do.  


"Lots of great points here" was actually a compliment of the gamer points being made in this forum posting. Like your point here. Smile

I won't apologize for my initial impressions based off of the trailer, as that's all I had to go by and why we were pretty brief (compared to most topics on the show) when we talked about SB.

However, like I said, If after some hands on time there's something to be excited about, the show is the first place you'll hear me say so Smile
-Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
Joined
02 Dec 2012
Posts
1153
Location
United Kingdom
PostedFeb 01, 2013 6:06 pm
Bremen217 wrote:
Can I ask this of players (I'm not sure what/if an NDA might stop you from being able to say): Is there a reason for the adult content or is it just an example of "take adult content and shoe horn it into a game"? I guess what I'm asking is, is the mature content organic with the lore and situations or is it just there to be there?
Thanks!
-Magicman
Editor-in-Chief/Host Free to Play Cast  
I think its something new and a fan service type of thing. I like it as you have more customization such as different lingerie and loads of outfits that are not just for show they actually give you stats which is good it does not look like it was forced in to the game I think they have made it really well.

have a look at this thread
Display posts from previous:   Sort by: