NeoVen

Rank 0
NeoVen
PostedFeb 01, 2013 3:52 pm
Aeria should be ashamed? I think those boys need to look into the mirror first. Only basement dwelling teens who want to fap will play? Hmmm that's funny pretty sure I was 28 last I checked and a female friend of mine is 27 and we both really like the game. Sorry we don't fit in their narrow minded preconceived box of who the audience for this game is I guess?

Ugh it's just such an insulting piece of commentary in general to LivePlex, to Aeria, and to this games playerbase.
Advertisement

TheWeaver

Rank 0
TheWeaver
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:34 pm
Two thumbs way waaayyy up for reviewing a game you have little knowledge of. Two thumbs way waaayyy down for being too lazy to even check YouTube for some actual game play video Laughing . Ah well, everyone has their own opinion.

Skyre22

Rank 0
Skyre22
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:37 pm
I don't know that I would call it bias. Seemed more like "I do not like. YOU SHOULD NOT."

It seems more along the lines of "oh if I say positive things about this game I'll be degrading women and they'll think of me of a pervert so I'm going to keep telling you all how hot this girl is right next to me or over there so you all don't actually think I'd play something like this. THUMBS DOWN."

Didn't bother showing any kind of game play or anything (understandable if it is meant for sfw, but there are things they could have shown.) Didn't explain anything as to why or what is going on in the story. Didn't explain any of the features or pvp. Just a simple "DO NOT WANT."

Stating all this without the game even in beta yet is kind of ridiculous and they should be ashamed for bashing the game without so much as to give it a try. They also give it a thumbs down already, but they're still going to play it at launch. Really? If you're able to judge it right now then why say you're going to play it? Yeeeaaaahhhh.

"I think it sets things back a couple of years" and "From a gaming perspective" is kind of dumb to use at the same time. Its people like this where they want the same old thing coming every year. We can't make advances or move forward in the gaming community because of that kind of view.

That was a very poor job. Aeria, thank you for taking the time and chance to move forward with this game and not letting people like that stop you.

Hiikaro

Rank 0
Hiikaro
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:46 pm
Happy to see SB Players taking a stand here.

but they're still going to play it at launch.  

It's one of their jobs. if u check the channel. they do first look on new games.
They have been doing this for years.

Though i am a big fan of them. but when i heard them bashing scarlet blade so hard i really got mad that i had to comment in the youtube video regarding about it.
Happy to see others doing it also Very Happy

Skyre22

Rank 0
Skyre22
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:56 pm
I know it's what they do, but if that's what they give it now who knows what they'll say at release. Maybe they'll change their minds, but with all of that I just don't see it happening and if they judge it now like that why give it another chance? They've already said the food is disgusting, why give it another taste?

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedFeb 01, 2013 4:57 pm
I'm definitely going to agree with the other people here. I'm definitely not a "basement dwelling 14 year old boy" (last time I checked it's 5 months from my 19th birthday, and I have friends who are 23 and 27, and girls no less [I know, it's so mindblowing!!!!1!!111] that would love to play this game).

Also, Aeria should be ashamed to publish this game? That makes me laugh. There are far worse games I see being published right now, and I don't see them telling the publishers they should be ashamed. These people are what are holding the industry, and this game (Sentinel issue) back, not us or this lovely game.

kittymix

Rank 3
kittymix
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:08 pm
This is Aeria's best game they published imo so don't be fooled by those reviewers who are only reviewing the game in its "unfinished" state since it's an alpha. I been playing games for over 20 years and I see Scarlet Blade as one of the best free mmorpgs based on the alpha. There are lot of problems atm but I'm confident that they will be fixed.

NileBerzerker

Rank 0
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:09 pm
They gave this game kind of a short shrift. Free-To-Play Cast looks like more of a laid back quickfire discussion/panel show. They do also do video shows where one of their staff play, and talk more about a game there. But, I can understand them, if they're trying to reach the largest audience, and they don't want to harm their viewer number by age-gating the show, because it includes Scarlet Blade, then they ran DK footage in the background, instead.

Stating all this without the game even in beta yet  

There's the rub. This game isn't that easy to access, yet. People cannot actually find for themselves what it is like, and hearsay may leave preconceptions on people before they start playing, even if they get that far.
During the show, I was waiting for the thoughts to shift gears to reflect what happened, what they found, when they looked into the community they held a low impression of - what they saw in the feedback, and the general discussion areas (the fan creations and more besides) which challenged their reluctance to check out the game more fully. There wasn't a counter. Unfortunately, they were fairly dismissive, although I reckon it will indeed come up "on assignment" from the editor to one of their reporters to gather footage and impressions of, for one of their feature programs...

I wouldn't bother getting too annoyed about this. First, inform people - give them information. (good going, by the YT commenters Smile ) Encourage them to look into the game, read the site/forum, etc. Second, accept that for some people, they may just not like the game. I don't agree with this "shame on Aeria" nonsense in the least, but perhaps it's best for fans of SB to pick battles selectively, according to most pressing. This, in my view, doesn't rank high up there. A fuller picture may be posted by MMOBomb of its experience, when the time comes.

Picchuu

Rank 3
Picchuu
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:14 pm
kittymix wrote:
This is Aeria's best game they published imo so don't be fooled by those reviewers who are only reviewing the game in its "unfinished" state since it's an alpha. I been playing games for over 20 years and I see Scarlet Blade as one of the best free mmorpgs based on the alpha. There are lot of problems atm but I'm confident that they will be fixed.  

I agree. This has been the most stable client I've seen in an alpha, and much more stable than a lot of beta clients I've seen, actually. Liveplex and Aeria have both done a great job!

I make no Rupaulogies.

Ievikokonoe

Elite Founder: Scarlet Blade
Ievikokonoe
PostedFeb 01, 2013 5:27 pm
In my opinion they are acting very unprofessional they are calling a game terrible and giving it a bad name because they do not like it. Scarlet blade will get a very good review from MMOHUT , at least they act professional and will go in to details with the game it seems that mmobomb did not give SB a chance.