PostedJan 31, 2013 1:21 pm
How to become a competitive player ?

- Be part of a competitive clan.

slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedJan 31, 2013 1:29 pm
WoIfff wrote:
Why do you reffer to IeSF matches from 2011?

I think you should reffer to the latest one, so AIC 2013 Qualifiers.  

I find some matches to be better for learning. These matches I had picked because you can learn from them. Old games have old strats that might even be so old that they are new (as in went out of use but can be very effective again). Also the new matches might be good, but I just don't like them for one reason or another, and I haven't watched them several times yet.

spacefire11 wrote:
Play esl= competitive that what most player think and that they're awesome becuse playing in esl, they harassed me lmao becuse they play in esl and i don't  

ESL isn't something I care about. I mean winning it is good, and I always want to do it to see how the teams stack up and strats.... but really only iesf and AIC mean anything for ava. Even then ava is a very minor FPS title.

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
oSkOrpion
PostedJan 31, 2013 1:51 pm
I think this deserves a sticky.. What do you all think?

For a sticky I would add in description: Guide by slimeyava and state 'Unofficial' somewhere as well.

lDre4Ml

Rank 2
lDre4Ml
PostedJan 31, 2013 1:53 pm
freeza.ava wrote:
How to become a competitive player ?

- Be part of a competitive clan.  

Dat sarcazm.... Learn to play, start playing normally not as bot and after a while u will get game sense... Later everything will be as a habit.

dahbeastly

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 1:56 pm
A player can understand the whole and still not play competitive without the proper mindset. If you don't have competitive drive then you simply can't do it and it's not something that can be put into a guide.

Posted By Aeria Mobile

oSkOrpion

GameSage: Soldier Front 2
oSkOrpion
PostedJan 31, 2013 1:59 pm
dahbeastly wrote:
A player can understand the whole and still not play competitive without the proper mindset. If you don't have competitive drive then you simply can't do it and it's not something that can be put into a guide.  

And this is why people underestimate players who do not play in tournaments. I mean, in order to BECOME competitive, you must be willing to participate in tournaments. There are times that even with some players been 'competitive' and played in tournaments, it doesn't make them as professional as some who aren't competitive, yet they got all the tools to become one at any time. So I do support and agree with what you said.

Becoming competitive requires time and efforts and the will to challenge other teams in tournaments whenever a chance is given but been a competitive player doesn't make one a 'professional' player.

SnowShovel_AVA

Rank 3
SnowShovel_AVA
PostedJan 31, 2013 2:00 pm
I dont recall ever reading a guide or watching a video to learn how to be competitive. All it takes is you and 4 other people who have the same aspirations as you. That, and a lot of practice. Some people have the mindset needed and most don't

slimeyava

Rank 3
slimeyava
PostedJan 31, 2013 2:10 pm
SnowShovel_AVA wrote:
I dont recall ever reading a guide or watching a video to learn how to be competitive. All it takes is you and 4 other people who have the same aspirations as you. That, and a lot of practice. Some people have the mindset needed and most don't  

Of course the goals and the 4 people is the important part. Having videos to watch from the best fps games gives you focus, inspiration, and even some ideas you can try on AVA though. AVA grenade spot guides and watching top teams also help you learn. I mean if you WANT to be good you will, regardless. And if you don't want to be good you won't. It is simple, but along the way there are always things that help you get better. If you want to get better, you get better from learning things about the game as well as the attitude and your own practice.

So yes you are partly right... but everybody needs inspiration and a place to start or learn things. These guides can help players who really want to be good pick up what they need to start off and to see how real E-sports are.. to get inspiration.

dahbeastly

Rank 0
PostedJan 31, 2013 2:17 pm
I respect the fact that you spent time to do all of this but the best players really learn from their own experiences and inspiration starts with if you want it or not. No video or guide is going to change the true intentions of an individual.

Posted By Aeria Mobile